2020 Season

99,014 Views | 560 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFAXE93
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lets start with the new season

WR: Calvin Clater (Jr.) is transferring
TallTexan
Feels like we just started the 2019 thread.
nacluth
3-6 2019 season. Let's set the over/under at 5.5 games. Are we over or under on wins? I personally think 6 wins is a tall order.
BigJack85
Schedule is not kind. I think we hit 6 wins on the money.
Jacks4460
SFAXE93 said:

Lets start with the new season

WR: Calvin Clater (Jr.) is transferring

Wish him well.. This is the 2nd school he has transferred from...Saw where he deleted his tweet.. he is gonna lose a year unless he goes down to Div II school..
Jacks4460
nacluth said:

3-6 2019 season. Let's set the over/under at 5.5 games. Are we over or under on wins? I personally think 6 wins is a tall order.
We will get 8-9 wins.... we were 3-9 in 2019 . 3-6 was conference.. 8-3 for us next year.. Maybe 9-2..
Ljacks&Longnecks
Last year was the start....this year 7-8 wins....next year conference title. Mark it down.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan
nacluth said:

I'm gonna say 8.

I think we lose to SMU, Nicholls, & UCA, & win the rest if we have a healthy QB.
RedRiverLa
TallTexan said:

nacluth said:

I'm gonna say 8.

I think we lose to SMU, Nicholls, & UCA, & win the rest if we have a healthy QB.

I agree, but I'm going to say 7 wins. We will trip up somewhere unless we go back to the QB under center from 3 yards in.
Jacks4460
It was a matter of time until big schools start picking our coaches from us.. Coach Banks our CB coach is heading to join Jay Norvell staff at Nevada... He is will be missed.. Great leader and mentor along with being a hell of a ball coach.. This is coaching and college football tho.
SFAJack_76
Jacks4460 said:

It was a matter of time until big schools start picking our coaches from us.. Coach Banks our CB coach is heading to join Jay Norvell staff at Nevada... He is will be missed.. Great leader and mentor along with being a hell of a ball coach.. This is coaching and college football tho.
Hate to see him go, but glad we finally have assistants that somebody wants.
TallTexan
Jacks4460 said:

Ugh, Norvell.

Wonder who we'll get.
Jacks4460
Coach Carelock our Quality Control coach for defense was out on the road this week.. it would be great to promote from within.. We have and outstanding GA program..
Xssfa
Calvin Clater received a hardship wavier and will be immediately eligible to play without sitting a year ... he Is attending Ohio University on Scholarship after talking with him
Xssfa
Calvin is playing FBS football closer to his Daughter in Ohio
Xssfa
He transferred to MAC school Ohio University FBS school on Scholarship
nacluth
Just did a little clean up of the thread. We're going to refrain from unsubstantiated rumor until it can be backed up on the public side of the site.

Thanks Jacks4460 for staying on top of it.
Jacks4460
thanks for cleaning it up..
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
"Five!" Caleb got schooled.
SFAJack_76
Great news. Even if he never plays another down of football. It is a miracle he survived.
djsfw57
SFAJack_76 said:

Great news. Even if he never plays another down of football. It is a miracle he survived.

That's a miracle. Incredible. Hope he is able to play again, but even if he can't, he still is a walking miracle.
SFA, Class of 1979
SFAXE93
Lost Coach Johnson

SFAXE93
SFASawmillGuy
Anyone make it to the first two practices? Haven't been able to but heard some really good things.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

Silly question ... Is there really any advantage to starting spring practice early? If so, how so?
SFAXE93
I think it is more of this year's campaign slogan they are running with.

Kind of reminds me of the Mel Gibson film We Were Soldiers.

"When we go into battle, I will be the first one to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off."
Jacks4460
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Silly question ... Is there really any advantage to starting spring practice early? If so, how so?
Coach and the staff get to spread the workout days across 34 days of spring semester without counting spring break.. I see its like a tues-thr-sat football workouts for the rest of FEB then 6 more "football" practices in March. Then you get the squad ready for summer workouts and student athletes get to concentrate on their grades more come April and May.. Really no advantage but scheduling towards the end of the sememster..
Jacks4460
SFA_03 said:

Anyone make it to the first two practices? Haven't been able to but heard some really good things.
"it was good we look alot better than last year ALREADY"

Our DL is gonna be dominant...
Jacks4460
Went to practice today and looked so much more confident and sure of what they were doing.. It sure helps to have a year in the system.. The MCuen kid that transferred from OSU is a player and Nichols was giving the o-line some serious fits.. We have a lot of depth except at WR.. We ran a lot of reps.. Larry Jones and Rickel are two too watch for.. Run good solid routes and get separation from the defender.. OL is light years better than last year with 8-9 players that can play.. BJ Thomas was turnt up too!! We will win some games this year Limberjack fans...
SFASawmillGuy
Jacks4460 said:

Went to practice today and looked so much more confident and sure of what they were doing.. It sure helps to have a year in the system.. The MCuen kid that transferred from OSU is a player and Nichols was giving the o-line some serious fits.. We have a lot of depth except at WR.. We ran a lot of reps.. Larry Jones and Rickel are two too watch for.. Run good solid routes and get separation from the defender.. OL is light years better than last year with 8-9 players that can play.. BJ Thomas was turnt up too!! We will win some games this year Limberjack fans...

How'd Trae and Saxton do?
SFAJack_76
SFA_03 said:

Jacks4460 said:

How'd Trae and Saxton do?
Earlier, this thread or another, 4460 commented that Saxton has given up football to work the family ranch.
SFAXE93
I see former SFA offensive line coach Best who went to Rice to be the TE Coach is now the OL coach at Nevada.
SFASawmillGuy
Ah. Didn't see that. Well I guess it's Trae's show uncontested then. Lol

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.