2021 Basketball Offers

69,694 Views | 390 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFAXE93
cboothe09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Savion Flagg to Sam...
No-look
cboothe09 said:

Savion Flagg to Sam...
what?
cboothe09
wahlwesle
I think I threw up in my mouth a little.
No-look
Adam's went to Lamar and Flagg to Sam so Our coaches must really have something good cooking in the oven.
cboothe09
Hard not to get fidgety. Two former recruits that have played well at the D1 level have now transferred to conference foes. Adams will be the tougher pill to swallow because dude is a walking bucket.
I have faith in the staff, but these two definitely sting to some extent.
If it is the uncertainty with Keller, my only thought was whether or not he would join Beard at Texas because of their relationship. Looks like those spots are filling up so, time to move on and hit the road recruiting...
TallTexan
Wish we'd take a run at Kamaka Hepa.
sfa17

We are in good company.

Xavier Cork

Sophomore Transfer from Western Carolina (6-9 Foward)

Started all 27 games. Led WCU and the Southern Conference in field goal percentage at 64.1 percent. Finished in double figures in 20 games,

Hometown Sulphur Springs, Texas

Awesome to be listed among these schools
corleycl
Wonder why he deleted that tweet?
sfa17
Yeah I noticed that. Maybe some bigger players are after him now.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Good news! The coaching staff has started studying the transfer list! Looks like Keller will be staying with us (not 100% sure at this time, but probably 99%). Also confirmed that Tezeno is still solidly committed to us.
jboy93
Fanatic bringing the down low on the recruiting trail!
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Good news! The coaching staff has started studying the transfer list! Looks like Keller will be staying with us (not 100% sure at this time, but probably 99%). Also confirmed that Tezeno is still solidly committed to us.
Good new indeed! Signing day should be approaching? I'm looking forward to seeing Posey, Tezeno, Nigel and hopefully David filling some guard spots. Curious to see who we pick up as bigs.
SFAJack_76
No-look said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Good new indeed! Signing day should be approaching? I'm looking forward to seeing Posey, Tezeno, Nigel and hopefully David filling some guard spots. Curious to see who we pick up as bigs.
April 14, is the first day of the signing period. It ends on August 1.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

What have they been doing since March 6?
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I'm sure things we just haven't heard about. After all, even if Keller had been taking calls about leaving, he still would have been very familiar with the transfer list.

Thing with Keller and company is, I've never been concerned about recruiting. They always knock it out of the park.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Nothing on 2021 recruiting, I've been told. Waiting for Keller's situation to be resolved. Apparently, Keller didn't want to recruit players and then leave. I was told that they started looking at transfers only yesterday. I know that seems strange. Maybe they started looking at transfers "in earnest" yesterday?? And maybe they started actually contacting potential transfers yesterday?? (Just guessing at what was meant by 'started looking'...)
ljax1979
From an ethical standpoint I think that was a good move.
INiedrauer
Staff
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFAJack_76 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Nothing on 2021 recruiting, I've been told. Waiting for Keller's situation to be resolved. Apparently, Keller didn't want to recruit players and then leave. I was told that they started looking at transfers only yesterday. I know that seems strange. Maybe they started looking at transfers "in earnest" yesterday?? And maybe they started actually contacting potential transfers yesterday?? (Just guessing at what was meant by 'started looking'...)
Have heard this is not accurate/there was not a recruiting pause after the season.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

SFA Jack Fanatic
INiedrauer said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFAJack_76 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Have heard this is not accurate/there was not a recruiting pause after the season.

So, you are saying that a staff member has been lying to me for the last two weeks? Uh, no way.
PurpleOut
Staff
Doesn't really matter to be honest, we don't need to (or deserve to) know every single aspect on what the coaches are doing.
No-look
PurpleOut said:

Doesn't really matter to be honest, we don't need to (or deserve to) know every single aspect on what the coaches are doing.
maybe just a third? Lol
PurpleOut
Staff
Sadaidriene Hall, 6'5 Forward from Sulphur Springs, transferring from East Tennessee State after his freshman season. Originally a Texas Top 35 kid in Texas from the 2020 class.

SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

Bingo!
nacluth
Nice pick up! Need someone of that Kevon size on our team.
SFAJack_76
Hall played a total of nine minutes over four games this season for a 13-12 team. I don't know why, but he was an end of the bench guy. Trusting our coaches.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

Hall played a total of nine minutes over four games this season for a 13-12 team. I don't know why, but he was an end of the bench guy. Trusting our coaches.

An ETSU blog/paper said he joined the team in January, so whether he's good or bad, that probably limited his minutes.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

An ETSU blog/paper said he joined the team in January, so whether he's good or bad, that probably limited his minutes.
I just saw that. Was at Link Year Prep in the fall. I think he is a really good get. Time always tells.
SFA Jack Fanatic
He played with Keaston Willis at Sulphur Springs. That must have been a heck of a HS team.

Wondering... If he joined ETSU in January and only appeared in four games, did that count as a year of eligibility, or will he still be a freshman in the Fall?
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

He played with Keaston Willis at Sulphur Springs. That must have been a heck of a HS team.

Wondering... If he joined ETSU in January and only appeared in four games, did that count as a year of eligibility, or will he still be a freshman in the Fall?

Still has 4 years. Nobody's eligibility odometer rolled over this year, that's why Tyler Underwood, PHD can play for Illinois next year if he wants.
TallTexan
There's so much talent in the transfer portal that someone is gonna get some absolute steals on JUCO kids.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

There's so much talent in the transfer portal that someone is gonna get some absolute steals on JUCO kids.
And, some high school kids are going to be looking for any place to play late in the cycle.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

TallTexan said:

And, some high school kids are going to be looking for any place to play late in the cycle.

Given that we've got some of the best in the biz at finding and signing hidden gems, this could be a big year for us.
PurpleOut
Staff
The Coban Porter deal is still kind of weird. I believe he already had an offer from Denver, but he just tweeted this:

I haven't seen him post any offers and haven't heard anything about him since he got out of his LOI here.
cboothe09
I guess he is trying to stay close to his older brother?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.