2021 Basketball Offers

70,529 Views | 390 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFAXE93
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That's a real bummer.
CertifiedAxeman98
SFAJack_76 said:

If there are schools that continued to recruit him after he signed his NLI, they should be .... wait, this is the NCAA we are talking about. Never mind. This stinks. Wish him well.

If he doesn't want to be at SFA then it is best that he makes that decision now than after he has made it to NAC.
SFAJack_76
Absolutely agree. Although I am quite confident that Keller won't take a commitment, much less an NLI, unless the player has convinced him that coming to SFA is exactly what he wants to do. Perhaps he had someone blowing in his ear that he "settled" with SFA and can do better. Hope it works out for him.

sfa17

SFA Jack Fanatic
That's some tough competition right there, but if anyone can land him, Coach Mason can.
No-look
Wondering how many serious offers we still have out for next year? Usually we a a commitment or two by now. Be nice if the seniors would stay another year. Hopefully some will stay.
SFAJack_76
Is this a commitment? Tezeno
nacluth
Can he start now?
sfa17
SFAJack_76 said:

Is this a commitment? Tezeno

First sfa commit for 2021 !!
PurpleOut
Staff
Confirmed!
No-look
Awesome!
No-look
Scoring machine! Watched his highlights and they were mostly from one game. Not cherry picked. Excited about this one. Well done Mr Mason!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Tezeno Junior Season Highlights...

SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Scoring machine! Watched his highlights and they were mostly from one game. Not cherry picked. Excited about this one. Well done Mr Mason!
4,000 career points. Been on North Central's varsity since the 7th grade (apparently, that's legal in LA). North Central won two straight Class A state titles, but many said they were one of the best teams in the entire state. Was ranked the #2 player in LA his Jr. year by Louisiana Prep Hoops, and at least two scouting organizations ranked him as the #1 player in the state his senior year. Vertical leap over 40".
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA Jack Fanatic
It's a long way to NLI signing day of April 14, so here's hoping (big time!) that he maintains his commitment to SFA. Let's do our part and continue to occasionally show our love for the next 2 1/2 months via social media.

@4lvfeD on Twitter

Derrick Tezeno Jr on Facebook (page not used much)
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Signing day is April 14.
Rev007
Looks like Derrick Tezeno can handle the ball and score. Awesome recruit!
CertifiedAxeman98
I love the article I read where they talk about Derrick Tezeno wanting to come to SFA because of fit. Then they go on to talk about his aggressiveness. Can't wait to have him in Nac. He had offers to stay in Louisiana or to schools that may have been viewed a bigger programs but I think he chose wisely coming to Nac. While I am happy with the way this year is going I am really excited to see what happens next year.
CertifiedAxeman98
I wonder what will happen with Coban Porter. Will he try to walk on at Missouri. I don't think his dad is there anymore and not sure that they will spent a scholarship on him. He got hurt his senior year and then went to the prep school this year to try and drive some interest in him. Then he walks away from his LOI w/ SFA .
Rev007
Since all of the seniors are allowed to come back and play another season, how does that affect the number of players allowed to be on the roster? Can the coach not allow a particular player to come back?
PurpleOut
Staff
Rev007 said:

Since all of the seniors are allowed to come back and play another season, how does that affect the number of players allowed to be on the roster? Can the coach not allow a particular player to come back?
Technically yes. Scholarships are actually only one year agreements. It's a tricky, and dangerous game.
nacluth
Rev007 said:

The coaches can always decide who is on the team, but in this scenario, I think Keller would let all 5 seniors return. I doubt they all will, but they could.

This probably leaves us under the gun scholarship-wise. We should have 5 spots open for recruits. I'm not 100% sure if Elliott got our last scholarship spot this year. I guess we might have one open now - though that seems unlikely. If miraculously all 5 seniors returned, then I would expect Elliott, Brown, and McDaniel to be the first ones gone in that order.

Honestly if two of our seniors return I think we will be extremely lucky.
Rev007
Thanks to both of you for the explanations. I was very critical of David earlier, but he is coming on strong while Heckard has taking a step back. I like all of our seniors. However, we definitely need an upgrade or added depth at guard. I'd like to see at least 2 or 3 freshmen recruits each year, but if we have to go JUCO to get a playmaker, let's do it.
PurpleOut
Staff
I'm surprised that Elliott is still listed on the roster. I don't think I've seen him with the team since the Baylor game.
nacluth
PurpleOut said:

I'm surprised that Elliott is still listed on the roster. I don't think I've seen him with the team since the Baylor game.
Lord knows that the website roster guy is Johnny on the spot. If they someone's gone, they are off the site before their seat gets cold. Makes me wonder if he's just riding out a scholarship year.
TallTexan
Rev007 said:

Current scholarship max is waived for football for 21-22, any senior with a current scholarship doesn't count against next year's limits.

I imagine they'll do the same thing for winter sports, so if SFA is willing to fund it, everyone can come back.
jboy93
Can Posey play any games and still use a redshirt? Though I'm sure they wouldn't want to do that coming off an injury.
nacluth
jboy93 said:

Can Posey play any games and still use a redshirt? Though I'm sure they wouldn't want to do that coming off an injury.
if he's fit he can play with no penalty. But I think it's been mentioned before that rehab is probably keeping him out all season.
jboy93
Do we have any offers out for bigs?
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

jboy93 said:

if he's fit he can play with no penalty. But I think it's been mentioned before that rehab is probably keeping him out all season.

Posey won't play this season. He needs to get 100% healthy.
cboothe09
According to Verbal Commits (Hardly the most accurate site) we have an offer to Sir Isaac Herron. Herron is a 6'9" PF out of Houston...

We aren't the only quiet ones. No commits right now for ACU and only two offers out. Sam has only one signee with four offers out (Including Herron). Lamar has two signees and no other offers to HS players. All of their offers are JUCO...

I know it doesn't affect us going forward, but check out Nicholls if you want a headache...Sheesh
wahlwesle
Don't we lose a scholarship next season due to the NCAA violation? I seem to remember something about that.
SFAJack_76
wahlwesle said:

Don't we lose a scholarship next season due to the NCAA violation? I seem to remember something about that.
Took that this year when Hart was cut. Full compliment of 13 next year, plus any seniors that come back.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.