2021 Basketball Offers

70,672 Views | 390 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFAXE93
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No one really. My guess is Hawkins would be the next man up unless we're converting Posey based on what I've seen.
BigJack85
nacluth said:

No one really. My guess is Hawkins would be the next man up unless we're converting Posey based on what I've seen.

Don't we have one more scholarship? JUCO route?
nacluth
BigJack85 said:

nacluth said:

Even with all three seniors returning we would still have 3 more open spots currently (could be up to 6 if the coaches wanted). I was just commenting on our current signed roster. We need a point or two with our remaining spots.
BigJack85
nacluth said:

BigJack85 said:

nacluth said:

Even with all three seniors returning we would still have 3 more open spots currently (could be up to 6 if the coaches wanted). I was just commenting on our current signed roster. We need a point or two with our remaining spots.
. Makes sense. Seems like we've had success pulling in a free agent.
TallTexan
I wouldn't mind a 3rd big either. Though I think Nana is gonna make a big jump this summer.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

BigJack85 said:

nacluth said:

Agree completely with your take. Quality depth at point is our biggest gap. Heckard was supposed to be that guy, but something odd happened there. McDaniel was to be that guy, but he never stepped up to being a D1 player. Getting in position where we have to use a SG at PG, like Bogues and Cameron, doesn't work. If Mason is a recruiting wizard, why are we short on the most important position on the team?

A bit off topic, but I have the same question for the Ladyjacks. Behind Bri, who is the PG?
TallTexan
Attrition. Specifically Augustin and Mack.

Comeaux and Kalchyries turned into good PGs as seniors. Mack and Augustin were supposed to be the homegrown 4 year versions.

Currently Posey is the next one in that line. I'm not throwing in the towel on Heckard either, just because we've seen the jump from average to good between junior and senior years.

And gestures broadly at all of 2020, that was not anywhere near normal for someone new to learn our system.

On the lady's side, we definitely need another ready made PG. Zaya and Visch can pull a Walkup and bring the ball down, but I feel it works better with a true PG and we need two for our system to run at full throttle for 40 minutes at our pace.
SFAJack_76
Heckard is gone.
SFAJack_76

No-look
With Twitter down , how many recruits have we missed? Lol
sfa17
Welp..

University of Denver went 2-19 last year. And Won 7 games in 2019 and 8 wins in 2018. Doesn't make sense .. only other reason is he wants to be closer to his brother who plays for The Denver Nuggets

TallTexan
I'd imagine crashing in brother's casa & training with his trainers is a pretty big piece of it.
djsfw57
TallTexan said:

I'd imagine crashing in brother's casa & training with his trainers is a pretty big piece of it.
I suspect you're right, but DAMN that is a terrible team to play for.
No-look
Hopefully SFA is still on Langston's radar. Let's keep showing love on Twitter!
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Hopefully SFA is still on Langston's radar. Let's keep showing love on Twitter!

Exactly! Anyone who has not tweeted to Langston Wilson needs to do so in the next day or two. He tweeted that he's very close to making a decision. I think we've got a shot at getting this guy.

His Twitter is @Langston3491
SFAJack_76
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

I don't get this reference but Axe Em!
PurpleOut
Staff
Cooley High, and old movie from the 70s.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Rev007
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"
TallTexan
Rev007 said:

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

I thought that was from animal house.

I've definitely never seen Cooley High.
Rev007
Yes, from Animal House....just felt like something offbeat and cryptic. Then I realized he was referring to Cooley High instead of the Chief.
PurpleOut
Staff
Latrell Jossell from KU!

PurpleOut
Staff
Quote:

"Latrell is very popular with our staff and teammates and we all wish him the best at his next stop," Self said. "He'll do great."

corleycl
Looks like a 3-Star!

http://www.hudl.com/v/2DbBiB
PurpleOut
Staff
Sounds like he was pretty banged up last season.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=109477934273720
jboy93
Now is it possible that we can get a big? Then we are set as long as the three seniors come back!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Getting Jossell is a head-scratcher for me. Passed over by ACU and TAMCC (and every other D-1 school) in HS but grabbed by Self and Kansas??? Rather underwhelming resume'. Will he be our PG of the future? We shall see. IMO, this looks like a long shot. I hope I'm wrong.

He apparently performed well on a top level AAU team, so maybe that's where he was noticed. Got to trust Keller and Mason on this one. I honestly thought they were going for KU's 6'10" Center who's in the portal, rather than Jossell.
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Getting Jossell is a head-scratcher for me. Passed over by ACU and TAMCC (and every other D-1 school) in HS but grabbed by Self and Kansas??? Rather underwhelming resume'. Will he be our PG of the future? We shall see. IMO, this looks like a long shot. I hope I'm wrong.

He apparently performed well on a top level AAU team, so maybe that's where he was noticed. Got to trust Keller and Mason on this one. I honestly thought they were going for KU's 6'10" Center who's in the portal, rather than Jossell.

To be fair, if both Self and Keller saw him and said "we'll take this cat", I'm just gonna assume all the other schools were wrong.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I just noticed that Jossell was rated the #14 player in the Texas Top 100 HS Class of 2020.

He makes the FOURTH member of that Top 100 Class to (eventually) become a Lumberjack. We're certainly stocking up for the long haul in the WAC!

#14 - Jossell
#19 - Posey
#27 - Hall
#39 - Nana
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

To be fair, if both Self and Keller saw him and said "we'll take this cat", I'm just gonna assume all the other schools were wrong.

Don't get me wrong, Texan. I agree. I'm just one guy sitting in my home office pecking out my opinions on my little Commodore 64. If I was a better evaluator of young talent I'd be alongside them coaching a D-1 MBB team or running a talent scouting outfit.
jboy93
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

TallTexan said:

Don't get me wrong, Texan. I agree. I'm just one guy sitting in my home office pecking out my opinions on my little Commodore 64. If I was a better evaluator of young talent I'd be alongside them coaching a D-1 MBB team or running a talent scouting outfit.
You've upgraded to the Commodore 64...that's just down right bragging!
SFA Jack Fanatic
jboy93 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

TallTexan said:

ROFL!!! Got it as a belated Christmas present last week.
jboy93
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

jboy93 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

TallTexan said:

ROFL!!! Got it as a belated Christmas present last week.

Probably from my brother! lol

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.