2021 Basketball Offers

70,673 Views | 390 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFAXE93
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Says the right things. I recall a young man that sat all of his freshman year at SFA after foot surgery. We can only hope.
No-look
Good read! Things seem to be coming together.
PurpleOut
Staff
If you didn't see in the article, he picked us over Wichita State and Southern Illinois. That's a big win for us.
wahlwesle
I would think Keller had a call with Self before making a move on him. If he wasn't a promising player, Self would've probably told Keller to stay away.
Jacks4460
Yep that's where Coach's connections come into play!!! Keller is well respected in the inner basketball circles..
No-look
Where are we at with scholarships left?
SFAXE93
- Amassed 204 3-pointers made in his four seasons at Central, including 54 in 2018-19
- For his prep career, shot 36.6 percent from beyond the arc, dished out 207 assists, made 194 steals and took 30 charges.

We need that Deshaunt Walker or Demetrious Floyd type player who can go off behind the arc.
sfa17
SFAJack_76
No-look said:

Where are we at with scholarships left?
Not any easy question to answer.

Thirteen plus any returning seniors is maximum.

Finished the season with eleven on the roster. Four have entered the portal. Have signed four.

Assuming Ware, Kachelries, and Kensmil do return, there are two open to get to thirteen. Because of the three returning seniors that don't count, could be up to five.

Assuming none of the four in the portal return. Confident KJ and Brown are gone. Daniels most likely gone. Johnson has been said he wants to get closer to home. His only offer so far is Nevada which is a long way from Little Rock. If he was to return, he doesn't count. I don't see him returning though.

So, somewhere between two and five. I think.
SFA Jack Fanatic
As Jboy93 said earlier, we need a big (or two). My hopes are still high on getting Wilson.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Speaking of Wilson, I read that he is at the top of Texas Tech's recruiting list. He just did a Zoom call with Tech, which included a virtual tour of their campus and top-of-the-line athletic facilities. Those are going to be hard to beat.

(BTW, I hate all of the drama around recruiting season!)
Rev007
I'm surprised UALR hasn't offered Cameron a place on their team. Honestly, I'm hoping he realizes how good he has it in Nac.
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Speaking of Wilson, I read that he is at the top of Texas Tech's recruiting list. He just did a Zoom call with Tech, which included a virtual tour of their campus and top-of-the-line athletic facilities. Those are going to be hard to beat.

(BTW, I hate all of the drama around recruiting season!)

Hold on, that's not fair, visiting Tech only on Zoom.

I demand that he go out to Lubbock and smell the perfumed air himself.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I've never been to Lubbock. Is that "perfumed air" from cow manure or crude oil spills?
Jacks4460
He is still in the portal and could rejoin our team possibly..
No-look
Tech is blowing this tweet up with replies. We need to chime in.
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I've never been to Lubbock. Is that "perfumed air" from cow manure or crude oil spills?

Mostly cow manure.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Looks like we're not going to get Wilson. The coaches have just about given up on getting him. Texas Tech seems to have the upper hand on him. Wilson stated that he was very impressed with the virtual meeting with Tech the other day.

We're still looking for a big, though. There's a Zoom call scheduled with one for tomorrow. Don't know who it is though.
PurpleOut
Staff
To be honest, and this could be a bad assumption/judgement, but I get tired of the kids that constantly tweet out for attention. Not saying there's a direct correlation, but if you consider some of the recruits and players we've had that appeared to be this way vs not...

Wilson is a ridiculous talent, but sometimes a decision has to be made about the kids that think they are better than the school.
MCW82!
yes
SFA Jack Fanatic
MCW82! said:

yes

Welcome to the Forums! Tell your friends about it. We want more participation from Jack and Ladyjack fans.
corleycl
Agree. I've tweeted in response to his stuff several times. Kinda feeling like it's out of hand.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Purple is spot on here...may or may not apply to Wilson but the last thing we should want at SFA are guys that think they walk on water and are basically only about themselves or end up at 8 or 9 different schools because they are so special.
Sure we want/need quality players but hopefully those that have a concept of Team and team championships and a shot at the NCAAs in March. Glad we have a coaching staff that's not afraid to mix it up in recruiting with the big boys but can also focus on what SFA is building here and that requires more team focus than one and done hot shots whose tunnel vision is me me me.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Purple is spot on here...may or may not apply to Wilson but the last thing we should want at SFA are guys that think they walk on water and are basically only about themselves or end up at 8 or 9 different schools because they are so special.
Sure we want/need quality players but hopefully those that have a concept of Team and team championships and a shot at the NCAAs in March. Glad we have a coaching staff that's not afraid to mix it up in recruiting with the big boys but can also focus on what SFA is building here and that requires more team focus than one and done hot shots whose tunnel vision is me me me.

Well said, L&L.

"ends up at 8 or 9 different schools". Sounds like a certain Mama's boy we once knew briefly.
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Well said, L&L.

"ends up at 8 or 9 different schools". Sounds like a certain Mama's boy we once knew briefly.

I thought Nacluth just transferred once. 8 or 9 seems a bit hyperbolic.
nacluth
Who doesn't love their momma?
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Who doesn't love their momma?

Everyone's a comedian these days.
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Looks like we're not going to get Wilson. The coaches have just about given up on getting him. Texas Tech seems to have the upper hand on him. Wilson stated that he was very impressed with the virtual meeting with Tech the other day.

We're still looking for a big, though. There's a Zoom call scheduled with one for tomorrow. Don't know who it is though.
Ed, your sources saying anything about the zoom meeting today? Any tidbits or scrapes you could toss our way?
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Ed, your sources saying anything about the zoom meeting today? Any tidbits or scrapes you could toss our way?

Nothing to report.
cboothe09
Maybe it was announced and I missed it, but Charlie is transferring according to Verbal Commits.
SFA Jack Fanatic
cboothe09 said:

Maybe it was announced and I missed it, but Charlie is transferring according to Verbal Commits.
He has been in the portal for quite a while. Charlie, Demiere, Cam, Kharee
TallTexan
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

cboothe09 said:

He has been in the portal for quite a while. Charlie, Demiere, Cam, Kharee

I'd imagine the portal is gonna be full with a lot of kids until official visits are allowed again in June.

Hard to pick a place you can't visit like you normally would.
PurpleOut
Staff
The SFA MBB account just tweeted that we signed Jonathan Aku from A&M. But deleted it a minute later.
SFAXE93

C: JONATHAN AKU 6-10; 263 Lewisville, Texas (i School) So. **** #26 C; #16 STATE (TX.); #149 NATION
Offers from Texas A&M, Arkansas, Baylor, UConn, Georgetown, Houston, LSU, Miami (FL.), Oklahoma State, Seton Hall, St. John's, TCU, Temple, Texas Tech, Tulane, UTA, Virginia Tech, New Mexico

#15 for A&M. Nice move at 1:46

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.