2021 Basketball Offers

70,459 Views | 390 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFAXE93
wahlwesle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sfa17
#4 Daimion Collins
#6 Wade Taylor
#11 R.J. Keene
#32 Imo Essien
sfa17
Not an offer but Ja'vier Francis had an unofficial visit for our Sam Game.

6'8 PF #129 on rivals, also #2 on VYPE(Houston) top 30

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2021/ja-vier-francis-236939

https://www.vype.com/top-30-vypes-2021-boys-basketball-player-rankings

Has offer from SMU and Houston TSU

SFAJack_76
Good find.
Rivals, for what it is worth, says he does have an offer. Being followed by both Mason and Vanya on Twitter.
nacluth
That's a tall dude for a junior.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Hopefully, we'll get him, and our staff can put some meat on those bones. 6'8" and 204 is a tall drink of water. Also, it's nice to see that they had him in a photo with Nate. That game-winner continues to pay off. And he even towered over Nate.

As of now, UH will be our biggest competition to get him.
sfa17
SFAJack_76 said:

Good find.
Rivals, for what it is worth, says he does have an offer. Being followed by both Mason and Vanya on Twitter.

Oh wow I completely missed the part that we offered him. Rivals.com not very mobile friendly. Thanks
sfa17
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

nacluth said:

As of now, UH will be our biggest competition to get him.

Yeah definitely, a few years ago SMU would be a competitor but not anymore. I remember losing 2 recruits to them in the past.
sfa17
Tricky Ricky Pitino is putting in some extra work in Texas. He has recently offered both RJ Keene and Ja'Vier Francis.
PurpleOut
Staff
McNeese following the "do whatever SFA does' path. They offered both Keene and Francis today.
sfa17
That's going to end badly
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

McNeese following the "do whatever SFA does' path. They offered both Keene and Francis today.
I lost count, but think they offered five or six guys today. Shoot amongst them and hope to hit one.
PurpleOut
Staff
SFAJack_76
I fear the immediate transfer rule will be adopted, and put into effect this year. Mass chaos, beyond the 818 D1 transfers already declared, could follow.

We have five rising seniors. Highly unlikely that anyone would transfer if they had to sit a year. However, if a guy thinks he can get more PT elsewhere and doesn't have to sit, who knows. Kachelries may be a different story since he has already had one D1 transfer. Perhaps that keeps him from going again.

Ware, Johnson, and Kensmil are going to get a lot of minutes. Unless it was for personal reasons, I don't see them going anywhere.

Sophomores and Juniors, Hart, McDaniel (actually RS freshman) and Walker did not get many minutes. If they don't have to sit, are they more likely to look elsewhere? Walker in particular since the Juco option for him has passed.

I truly believe all of our returning players like the team they are on. I believe many other schools are at a higher risk of losing players than we are. Time will tell.
No-look
Sounds right. Hopefully all our guys are content being here. What I see is other teams ( secret agents) going after your players. Could be chaotic.
sfa17
SFAJack_76
Realistically, our chances of getting Collins are just north of zero. We were the first to offer, have a great Basketball Performance Center under construction, and aren't far from home. So, we do have some selling points. Just being on that offer list is really good. I would like to see him put out a top five at some point that we are on. Just that would be a good visual for the program.
sfa17
We can dream but yeah very unlikely. Top 5 would be nice. Even that might be a stretch
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

We can dream but yeah very unlikely.

True, that would be a very tall mountain to climb. But, hey, SFA beat Duke, right? We got Posey, right? David struck down Goliath, right?.
PurpleOut
Staff
Would be awesome to be in his Top 10:

cboothe09
sfa17
Maybe we had a very very very slim chance but after the ban it was completely closed.
sfa17
SFAJack_76
Nope.
PurpleOut
Staff
Kind of surprised there. He seemed to love us during the season.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

Kind of surprised there. He seemed to love us during the season.
Looks like he wanted to go out of state. An unusual list. Our program and facilities match up well with all of them.
sfa17
Yeah the university of Hawaii isn't exactly a basketball powerhouse. But would be a great place to spend ur college years. Then u have GW in Washington DC and Iona with Rick in NY.
PurpleOut
Staff
2021 6'6" SF Demari Williams, Katy Tompkins HS. Ranked #16 in Texas.

sfa17

SFAJack_76
sfa17 said:

Duke win already being featured in offers

6'0 PG has offers UIW and UNT. He has been on a lot unofficial visits TCU,UIW,UNT,LA TECH,UTA and etc but no offers from them.
We are not one of the three.
PurpleOut
Staff
sfa17
Not included

PurpleOut
Staff
Demari Williams to Arizona State

sfa17
Is it me or is recruiting feeling a bit slower this year? Maybe Bc of COVID or the ban.
Pilotgirl
sfa17 said:

Is it me or is recruiting feeling a bit slower this year? Maybe Bc of COVID or the ban.

Or both

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.