2021 Basketball Offers

70,881 Views | 390 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFAXE93
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?

SFAJack_76
Washington... interesting.
Pilotgirl
Agreed! He was an integral part in the Duke win
corleycl
SFAXE93
Jules Moor played in 33 games at Stoney Brook his freshman year, so he has some division 1 experience.

SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

With multiple spots left, I'd like to see us do both. We've got a pretty good squad of experienced players, with only Tezeno (HS), Posey (injury) and Moor (JUCO) not having D1 game experience. But I think it's going to be more ideal to keep going in the portal. Still a lot of talented kids there.

Ware/Kachelries/Kensmil obviously is the big question mark that would make a difference on who we go after.

G - Ware
G - Kachelries
G - Posey
G - Hawkins
G - Jossell
G - Tezeno
G/F - Moor
G/F - Hall
F - Solomon
F - Kensmil
F - Nana
F - Aku

Tezeno will probably be used as a forward when we go to a small lineup. He's only 6' 4" but has a 40" vertical leap and averaged 10 rebounds per game in his HS career. The guy can jump out of the gym. Not many guards can do that.

Out of all the guys we've recruited so far, I'm most excited about this young man.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Word is that SFA is looking to add another post player and a wing.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Demiere Brown is transferring to an NAIA team, Lindsey Wilson College in Kentucky.
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I have been working on my jumper.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

So, is dress-making your vocation now or just a side job, Texan?
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

PurpleOut said:

With multiple spots left, I'd like to see us do both. We've got a pretty good squad of experienced players, with only Tezeno (HS), Posey (injury) and Moor (JUCO) not having D1 game experience. But I think it's going to be more ideal to keep going in the portal. Still a lot of talented kids there.

Ware/Kachelries/Kensmil obviously is the big question mark that would make a difference on who we go after.

G - Ware
G - Kachelries
G - Posey
G - Hawkins
G - Jossell
G - Tezeno
G/F - Moor
G/F - Hall
F - Solomon
F - Kensmil
F - Nana
F - Aku

Tezeno will probably be used as a forward when we go to a small lineup. He's only 6' 4" but has a 40" vertical leap and averaged 10 rebounds per game in his HS career. The guy can jump out of the gym. Not many guards can do that.

Out of all the guys we've recruited so far, I'm most excited about this young man.

He has the attitude I like. Out work everybody.
djsfw57
TallTexan said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

LOL I like wings. Does that count?
SFA Jack Fanatic
djsfw57 said:

TallTexan said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

LOL I like wings. Does that count?

Only if they're 6'6" or more
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Any particular names floating around?
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Any particular names floating around?
Nope.
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

TallTexan said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

So, is dress-making your vocation now or just a side job, Texan?

Coaches always say, look good, play good.
No-look
Are we still pursuing another recruit since the three of seniors are returning?
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Are we still pursuing another recruit since the three of seniors are returning?

As of last week, coaches were looking to sign one more. I don't know if they're looking for a big or a guard. Purely a guess, but I'm thinking it would be a big.
Jacks4460
Lookin for a 3
SFAJack_76
Jacks4460
SFAJack_76 said:

This will be our next star!!
SFA Jack Fanatic
I'm thinking that he will be. Extremely athletic, and obviously cerebral, too.
No-look
Nice pick up for Lamar.
SFAJack_76
Tall PG.

No-look
Wow! This Jacks team just got deeper!
SFA Jack Fanatic
I was researching Cofer's HS background, and I'm a bit confused. There was a Top 5 recruit in the Miami, FL area (originally from Texas) named Jimel Cofer, his junior year. Then there was the #23 ranked player in Texas named Jimel Cofer in the Austin area, his senior year. I assume they are one and the same, but can anyone confirm? I can't find anywhere that says he moved to Texas.

BTW, the "Florida" Cofer said in an interview that he had offers from Texas Tech, A&M, Wichita State, Oklahoma State, Baylor, North Texas, Houston, Georgia State, Mercer, James Madison, TCU, FIU, FAU, and UTSA. If that is our Jimel Cofer then we have really landed a gem!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Hmmmm.... Verbal Commits shows that a 6'2" PG named Diego Willis is transferring to SFA from NJIT, per "a source". What's up with that??????
No-look
On his Twitter feed there are some very impressive comments and highlight videos. If he didn't have other offers someone wasn't paying attention.
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Hmmmm.... Verbal Commits shows that a 6'2" PG named Diego Willis is transferring to SFA from NJIT, per "a source". What's up with that??????
? We need more transparency
PurpleOut
Staff
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I was researching Cofer's HS background, and I'm a bit confused. There was a Top 5 recruit in the Miami, FL area (originally from Texas) named Jimel Cofer, his junior year. Then there was the #23 ranked player in Texas named Jimel Cofer in the Austin area, his senior year. I assume they are one and the same, but can anyone confirm? I can't find anywhere that says he moved to Texas.

BTW, the "Florida" Cofer said in an interview that he had offers from Texas Tech, A&M, Wichita State, Oklahoma State, Baylor, North Texas, Houston, Georgia State, Mercer, James Madison, TCU, FIU, FAU, and UTSA. If that is our Jimel Cofer then we have really landed a gem!
Looks to be the same kid.
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Same guy.
SFAXE93
G: JIMEL COFER 6-5; 180 Irving, Texas (Universal Academy) *** (Rivals) #13 State (Texas)

SFAXE93
G: DIEGO WILLIS 6-4; 180
https://www.njithighlanders.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/diego--willis/6877
sfa17
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

G: JIMEL COFER 6-5; 180 Irving, Texas (Universal Academy) *** (Rivals) #13 State (Texas)

I know this video contains cherry-picked plays, but those are some good looking cherries!

I have to wonder if the reason why he had not been grabbed by anyone before now is because of all of the returning players changing schools via the transfer portal and the players who got an extra year of eligibility. Those things had to have affected high school seniors in the 2021 class. I think we'll see a lot of very good players playing at JUCO schools this year.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.