2021 Basketball Offers

70,534 Views | 390 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFAXE93
sfa17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAJack_76

https://www.columbiatribune.com/sports/20200128/forging-his-path-coban-porter-forms-his-own-identity-at-tolton

https://www.columbiatribune.com/sports/20200501/tolton-senior-coban-porter-bound-for-link-year-prep
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Sir Isaac didn't start playing organized basketball until 2018. Imagine what Cox could do with him.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/introducing-late-bloomer-sir-isaac-herron
sfa17
Gonna be a tough one. true centers are hard to get. He Can really move for someone 6'9 . He has over 20 offers but most are low major.. but high major schools will be coming soon.

https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/sir-issac-herron
SFAJack_76
Early signing day is November 11.

http://www.nationalletter.org/signingDates/future.html
sfa17
PurpleOut
Staff
Forgot to post this last week, but Zhuric Phelps from Duncanville committed to SMU. I'm not sure we were ever in it towards the end, but he is best friends with Posey so I think there was a little hope.
sfa17
sfa17 said:

He committed to Prison Tech
PurpleOut
Staff
I don't think we were really recruiting him very hard, if at all.
sfa17
Yeah no one would pick Sam over us if given a option.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
6'4" SG from Lebeau, LA. Looks like only mid-majors have offered so far, including NSU, Southern, UNO, and Southern Miss.

http://hoopfeststour.com/2020/10/03/statement-session-stand-out-wings/

SFAJack_76
Early signing day Wednesday. Because all recruiting has been by Zoom, I suspect numbers signed across the board will be way down.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Early signing day Wednesday. Because all recruiting has been by Zoom, I suspect numbers signed across the board will be way down.

Agreed. Coach K said this has been the hardest recruiting effort he has experienced while at SFA.
corleycl
I don't see anything on Twitter, so I assume we didn't lock-in any early signees.
sfa17
SFA Jack Fanatic
6'3" 170 lb. SG from Columbia, MO. Has two brothers in the NBA. Great genes!

Made the Missouri Class 3-A All State Team but tore his right maniscus during a pick-up game and missed his HS team's last few games his senior year.

Will play for Link Year Prep in Branson this season.

Looks like Coach Keller is taking a bit of a chance that he will fully recover from his surgery and return to form by the '21- '22 season.

Had offers from Denver, UNO, and Prison Tech.
TallTexan
sfa17 said:

I think this kid is going to be great.

https://www.columbiatribune.com/sports/20200128/forging-his-path-coban-porter-forms-his-own-identity-at-tolton

SFA Jack Fanatic

SFA Jack Fanatic

After watching this, I am REALLY excited about landing this young man. He's not just a very good player, he's well-grounded and mature beyond his years!
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

After watching this, I am REALLY excited about landing this young man. He's not just a very good player, he's well-grounded and mature beyond his years!

I can see him becoming a floor leader and a leader in the locker room for the Jacks in the not too distant future.
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

This could be a great pick-up. Seems to have his head on straight.
No-look
This video was posted yesterday.
SFA Jack Fanatic
VERY impressive! This will be no ordinary freshman when he gets here.

BTW, a couple of websites have him listed at 6'5", so he's still growing.
TallTexan
I was wondering about that. Seemed kind of odd to have two 6'10 brothers and top out at 6'4.

Maybe once he doesn't have to fight giants for seconds at the dinner table he'll spring up.
SFAXE93
Steal of the year! Wow!
CertifiedAxeman98
It seems like he is a combo Guard/Forward especially if he is in the 6'5" height range and will play in the 3 spot. The role that Kevon played last year and Cam is playing this year in Keller's system. Could be used in the 2 spot but you probably want him in the 3.
CertifiedAxeman98
Considering recruiting was mostly done virtually Keller could just send him highlights of Kevon and say you work hard and this could be be you one day.

Before I get hate mail. I know there will only be one Kevon. Just like there is only one Walkup.
SFA Jack Fanatic
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

It seems like he is a combo Guard/Forward especially if he is in the 6'5" height range and will play in the 3 spot. The role that Kevon played last year and Cam is playing this year in Keller's system. Could be used in the 2 spot but you probably want him in the 3.

On today's coaches show, Coach K said he was a 1 or 2. Mostly a shooting guard. He mentioned his shooting ability more than once, so that's probably the way they see him fitting in here. He's a little too undersized to be a 3. Keller said that he is 6'4" and 210 lbs. He has already played in over a dozen games this Fall on his college prep team and is averaging 14 points, so apparently, he has totally recovered from his knee injury.
SFAJack_76
Perhaps Porter could enroll ... now!

No-look
Saw where we lost Porter. Really didn't surprise me. Probably was getting contacted by bigger schools.
nacluth
Too bad
SFAJack_76
If there are schools that continued to recruit him after he signed his NLI, they should be .... wait, this is the NCAA we are talking about. Never mind. This stinks. Wish him well.
Pilotgirl
Well that stinks

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.