2018 Basketball Offers

261,924 Views | 596 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TallTexan
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How exactly does the Air Force offer for Nzekwesi work seeing as he's from the Netherlands?
SFAXE93
Chris Mullins committed to Rice.
No-look
There will be a lot more players emerge this year. Keller and crew are probably looking for a specific kind of player to fill a need. Isn't there only one spot left for next year?
sfa17
^ yeah there is one spot left. but it's likely that there will be two spots available at the end the season bc of transfer. Keller didn't offer Chris Mullins, we were just interested.

Kaden Archie also cut is list to SMU, UT, TCU, LSU,Kansas, Florida, UVA and Arkansas. Im extremely interest in what school he will pick.
PurpleOut
Staff
Likekele will be on campus September 2nd-4th.

Quote:

Now that summer has concluded, he has decided to release his official visit schedule and a timeline to make a decision. He currently holds offers from Wyoming, Texas-Arlington, Utah State, Fresno State, Northern Iowa, Central Michigan, St. Louis, Texas State, Oral Roberts and Stephen F. Austin.

"I currently have three visits set and possibly a fourth," said Likekele. "I'm going to visit Stephen F. Austin September 2nd-4th, Fresno State September 8th-10th, working on Arizona State September 15th-17th and Northern Iowa will be my last visit October 6th-8th."

sfa17
Isaac likekele would be a big time pick up. DFW hoops has him as the 3rd best player in the DFW area.
sfa17
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

Fingers crossed on this one. This would be a huge pickup.
sfa17
Hopefully we get him. Only Texas school he is visiting.
Isaac Likele has been update to a rivals 3 star. Previously unrated. https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2018/isaac-likekele-184858

Mitchell also a rival's 3 star previously unrated.
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2018/mitchell-seriale-72257

Feron hunt will be making his decision between Baylor, TCU and Tulsa today

Edit: Hunt committed to TCU
PurpleOut
Staff
Mitch and Jock are on campus this weekend.

Isaac visiting Fresno State.
sfa17

Committed to Fresno state
No-look
Was hoping we could get Isaac. Will Mitchell and Jock be signing this week end?
sfa17
yeah. I was really confident we could land him. "On paper and on social media, we clearly best team recruiting him hands down plus we were in TX. But the best team clearly doesn't always win.

Recruiting is like dating. You got rejected today, but we will see who has the last laugh two or three years from now. who knows in 3 years we could have 3 ncca appearances and maybe a win and Fresno could do absolutely nothing or maybe vice versa.
PurpleOut
Staff
Not surprised but sucks to lose him. I think the allure of playing in California got to him. Would have had just as much exposure here I think.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Not surprised but sucks to lose him. I think the allure of playing in California got to him. Would have had just as much exposure here I think.
I mean, I love Sequoia National Park as much as the next person, but come on man. I could see Santa Cruz, or San Diego, but Fresno?

sfa17
What we really need is good season. No way we lose to Fresno State with 25 plus wining season and NCAA appearance.

At this point I wouldn't mind and experienced JUCO recruit to fill the last spot we need. We got a SG and PF that I'm very glad about.

JUCO recruiting is an extremely important factor for a school our size.
No-look
Has Seraille and Hughes signed yet? Weren't they in town this week end?
PurpleOut
Staff
Early signing periods doesn't start until November 8th.
sfa17

I don't think we have to worry to much
SFA Jack Fanatic
So, who remains uncommitted on our 2018 wish list? I beginning to think we'll grab a JUCO rather than a high schooler for that last spot.
PurpleOut
Staff
Weren't really in the running, but Kopp committed to Northwestern.
sfa17
Not sure if we are actively recruiting the rest of the guys. Just bc a offer is open doesn't mean the coaches are still interested. Noah Thomas had our offer pinned to his Twitter page but he has removed it. His only other offer is drake university and Miami(Ohio). So it's a bit unusual . Or in the case of Keonte Kennedy very unrealistic bc he has soo many big offers.
cboothe09
Kopp commits to Northwestern
TallTexan
edstile said:

So, who remains uncommitted on our 2018 wish list? I beginning to think we'll grab a JUCO rather than a high schooler for that last spot.
I've heard there's a pretty good bearded German player, Dirk Von Walkup, who's playing pro ball who might be a good fit for the last roster spot.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

edstile said:

I've heard there's a pretty good bearded German player, Dirk Von Walkup, who's playing pro ball who might be a good fit for the last roster spot.
Keep your day job, Texan.
TallTexan
edstile said:

TallTexan said:

edstile said:

Keep your day job, Texan.
Jokes on you Edstile, I have no day job. Well, not until next week.
SFAXE93
cboothe09
I get most of those schools, but Nebraska? Really?
sfa17
This is just motivation. Hopefully one day we can compete with these schools. Doubt he is staying in Texas or going to Nebraska. My money is on Memphis.
sfa17
And then there 4
SG Noah Thomas (unlikely stated in past comment)
PF Efe Odigie (already have a PF)
PF David Nzekwesi (already have PF)
SG Nigel Hawkins (would be a great addition, but not confident about our chances )

PurpleOut
Staff
Odigie also committed to Fresno State.

We also have an offer out to Trinity Valley PF Andres Ibarguen. Lead the nation last year with a 75.9 FG % (JUCO). From Colombia.

sfa17
Keonte Kennedy committed to Xavier
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

We also have an offer out to Trinity Valley PF Andres Ibarguen. Lead the nation last year with a 75.9 FG % (JUCO). From Colombia.

He looks like the kind of tall, stocky, athletic player we need against nonconf and tourney teams. That dude is ripped.
Txjack
TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

He looks like the kind of tall, stocky, athletic player we need against nonconf and tourney teams. That dude is ripped.
I looked him up...in one place it said he was 6-7...230lb; in another it said 245lb.
sfa17
Kaden Archie has committed to TCU. Jamie Dixon is build something special just in his second year. three 4 star players from Texas..

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.