2018 Basketball Offers

261,967 Views | 596 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TallTexan
Lumberjack2009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Keller posted #whosnext

Wonder who we got
SFAJack_76

Two years at A&M. Sat out transfer year. Missed next year with knee injury. Stats are not awe inspiring.
Lumberjack2009
Looks like he posted some solid numbers as a freshman at a&m. Good size and shooting percentages, without having seen him I'm assuming he will be an immediate contributor in the southland and can fill a void left by Gilmore, I'm with chores about him!
Lumberjack2009
*excited about him
PurpleOut
Staff
sfa17

That's a big strong player
SFAXE93

Was a three star recruit out of high school #29 SF #6 player in GA #167 in the nation
offers from Texas A&m, Oregon State, Minnesota, Marquette, Ole Miss, FSU, Clemson, Auburn, Georgia, Georgia Southern, Temple, UCF, USF, and Santa Clara
PurpleOut
Staff
I love this get right now.
SFAJack_76
13.4 minutes per game with four starts for a 15-17 (4-14 in conference) team. 54% free throw shooter. 3.7 points and 2.4 rebounds per game. His best year was five years ago as a freshman.

I want him to do really well, but what am I missing that is exciting folks?
sfa17
Those are Big 10 numbers. I guy with his size and frame can easily dominate southland. Maybe coach K can bring the best out of him in his final year. It's not like Sammy is currently lighting the world on fire.
PurpleOut
Staff
He's still a pure, athletic big man that this league doesn't really have. Keller knows this kid very well obviously, so that's good enough for me.
PurpleForever
Seems like a great guy for Seraille to learn behind. From his interviews it sounds like the kid has his head on straight.
nacluth
My guess is that he's coachable and will fit into our scheme. He might not be the big starter we need, but he will be a great role player. If his injuries don't hamper him, he'll be a great piece for this next year which should be a statement year.
SFAJack_76
The Big 10 had a down year with a conference RPI of six. Just ahead of the AAC. Minnesota had an rpi of 171. SFA was 104.

I hope he does rally well in his one year at SFA. I trust Keller. I really, really hope he proves me wrong.

Dominating the SLC is not my desire for this program.
cboothe09
SFAJack_76 said:

I want him to do really well, but what am I missing that is exciting folks?

His raw talent + Jeremy Cox. The growth Leon had this year with his footwork and overall play was strongly influenced by Cox
TallTexan
A big man to work with TJ, another big body to absorb fouls and block shots. Plus Keller knows him,so he knows how he'd fit.

Does this leave us with 1 or 2 spots?
sfa17
1 spot unless Gru decides to enter the 2018 NBA Draft
No-look
Nice!!! Now we need a juco point guard to fill Canete's absence.
TallTexan
What position does Jock Hughes play? SG or PG?
No-look
TallTexan said:

What position does Jock Hughes play? SG or PG?
Mostly SG. Very quick and a pure shooter.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

another big body to absorb fouls
TJ does tend to get in foul trouble, so someone to give us valuable minutes when he's out will be important. And we not only want Seraille to learn from him, but also Fisher (assuming Fisher doesn't transfer, which wouldn't surprise me, given his feeble playing time this year).

BTW, the TV announcer on the first video said he was a "talented but often injured" guy. Let's hope that doesn't become an issue here.

And as 09 said, Coach Cox is one of the best coaches of big men in the country. I have no doubt he'll do a good job with Fitzgerald.

And the coaches will obviously have to work on his free throw shooting....
No-look
Sounds similar to Dwight Coleby. Played a couple years, transferred, set out a year, lost a year with an injury. Coleby had a good year this year. Hopefully this will work for us as well. Excited about this!
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

1 spot unless Gru decides to enter the 2018 NBA Draft
Which will it be? The big $$$ or the girls swooning over him in the stands? Tough decision.
PurpleOut
Staff
We would have dominated if we would have gotten Coleby in my opinion.

We're in a good spot, where players WANT to come to play for SFA and our staff. Yeah there's only a few spots available with several offers out, but that's a good thing. But it's also very tough to manage. Another testament of how hard Keller and our assistants work.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

We would have dominated if we would have gotten Coleby in my opinion.

We're in a good spot, where players WANT to come to play for SFA and our staff. Yeah there's only a few spots available with several offers out, but that's a good thing. But it's also very tough to manage. Another testament of how hard Keller and our assistants work.
I agree, I feel like we're a good big man away from running over people, and I'm hoping Fitz can help us with that.

And not to knock Coleby, I'm sure he saw WKU making the tourney, but we've got a heck of a path to the tourney year in and year out that can't be topped by higher leagues. And in March, we can play with anyone.

sfa17
It isn't as glorious as the NCAA tourney but WKU is in the NIT semi's at Madison Square Garden. They beat Okstate in stillwater a long he way.

Side note: Mississippi state is also in the semis
sfa17
Juco Center Antun Maricevic has committed to USF. Averaged 15.5 points, 8 rebounds and 83 percent from free throw.
TallTexan
I am interested to see who we'll land with the last scholarship we've got right now.
No-look
TJ Washington would be a nice addition. Need help,in pg position to replace Canete. We're down to two pg's and an injury would put us in a bind.
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

TJ Washington would be a nice addition. Need help,in pg position to replace Canete. We're down to two pg's and an injury would put us in a bind.
What info do you have on him, No-look?
PurpleForever
sfa17
edstile said:

No-look said:

What info do you have on him, No-look?
Tj was named on Njcaa first team. His team has won 2 conference titles in the last year's. 6 feet tall, Avg: 14.1 points, 30 percent from three, 82 percent from Ft. We are going to need a pg that can score. Augustine and comeux aren't currently offensive threats. Have to replace canete.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/8566961/TJ-Washington
No-look
TJ retweeted this. Something in the works?
sfa17
His friend was just commenting on the edit. Tuff means cool. Like "that's tuff "
TallTexan
sfa17 said:

His friend was just commenting on the edit. Tuff means cool. Like "that's tuff "
Kids these days.....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.