2018 Basketball Offers

261,885 Views | 596 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TallTexan
sfa17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
thanks ed. Its easy when you enjoy doing it
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

thanks ed. Its easy when you enjoy doing it
Me, too, 17.
PurpleForever
I don't know about y'all but I'm anxiously awaiting to see #WhosNext on Twitter from Keller! This team is going to be so good, and the roster may even get better.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleForever said:

I don't know about y'all but I'm anxiously awaiting to see #WhosNext on Twitter from Keller! This team is going to be so good, and the roster may even get better.
Yep! Can't wait to see that Tweet!
No-look
When do coaches hit the recruiting trail?
PurpleOut
Staff
No-look said:

They have been.

We're approaching a dead period soon. Here is a good calendar with the different dead periods.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

No-look said:

They have been.

We're approaching a dead period soon. Here is a good calendar with the different dead periods.
Stupid question: What's the difference between a Dead Period and a Quiet Period?
PurpleOut
Staff
We have an offer out to 2018 PG Sam Chaput. Looks like he has an offer from Memphis.

SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

We have an offer out to 2018 PG Sam Chaput. Looks like he has an offer from Memphis.

On his mixtape he looks to be a very good ball handler and passer. He would be our first Canadian Lumberjack. (Makes sense...)
PurpleOut
Staff
edstile said:

PurpleOut said:

No-look said:

They have been.

Stupid question: What's the difference between a Dead Period and a Quiet Period?
Not a stupid question at all, it doesn't get brought up much. A dead period is no face to face contact, a quiet period is only face to face contact on your/our campus. For the most part.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the following JUCO's that we've offered have not committed anywhere and are still available...

Antun Maricevic - Casper College - 6'10", 234 C (Offers: Wichita State, Nebraska, BYU, Tulsa, So. Fla.)

Andres Ibarguen - Trinity Valley CC - 6'7", 245 PF (Offers: Grand Canyon, UTEP, Prison Tech, SELA)

Amari McCray - Howard College - 6'9", 290 PF (Offers: LA Tech, Tulsa, Va Tech)

sfa17
Yeah, they are also still available

''Antun Maricevic was named to the All-Region IX team Tuesday. The 6-foot-10 Maricevic averaged 16.0 points and 8.0 rebounds for the Thunderbirds,
Maricevic, a native of Croatia, shot 67.3 percent from the field, which was the eighth-best percentage in the NJCAA.

He is currently being recruited by such schools as Maryland, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, South Florida, USC, Tulsa, Stephen F. Austin, Loyola Marymount and BYU.

http://trib.com/sports/college/casper-college/article_0bde2653-333a-5983-87e4-7d8778219bfc.html

It would be nice to have a true center but The Big Boys take them all.
PurpleOut
Staff
TJ Washington as well, PG from Coffeyville CC. Offers from SFA, ORU, Southern Miss, Tulsa and few others. Signed with IUPUI out of high school.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

TJ Washington as well, PG from Coffeyville CC. Offers from SFA, ORU, Southern Miss, Tulsa and few others. Signed with IUPUI out of high school.

We've had decent success with the D1 to Juco to SFA guys.
sfa17
TallTexan
Talking about recruits, Yates alum Jacob Young just announced he's transferring from Texas.
PurpleOut
Staff
Ha, I was all over that one.

PurpleForever
TallTexan said:

Talking about recruits, Yates alum Jacob Young just announced he's transferring from Texas.

I could be completely off on this evaluation but I'm not even sure if Keller would be very high on Young. I watched about 80% of Texas' games and I've never impressed by him. Low average 3 point shooter, not extremely quick, and only a decent defender. It is cool to be in a situation where a transfer from a P5 wouldn't even be our best player.
TallTexan
PurpleForever said:

TallTexan said:

I could be completely off on this evaluation but I'm not even sure if Keller would be very high on Young. I watched about 80% of Texas' games and I've never impressed by him. Low average 3 point shooter, not extremely quick, and only a decent defender. It is cool to be in a situation where a transfer from a P5 wouldn't even be our best player.
I don't remember him too much from Texas games, which says something about his play, and something about Bamba and others taking the spotlight. If he had the athleticism of Roach, I'd be completely sold, but I'd be interested to see what Keller thinks of him.

Too bad we can't steal a transfer like Jericho Simms.
SFAXE93
Young's

Career high 29 points against Texas Tech (3/18/18)

FG:11-17/6-7FG3

sfa17

No-look
sfa17 said:

Looks like he has two offers? SFA and Memphis?
sfa17
. The Memphis offer is from 2016. Tubby Smith is Gone. Memphis just Hired Penny Hardaway and he will bring in his own recruits. I don't think Memphis offer is even in anymore. But maybe Hardaway talked to him.
No-look
Looks quick on tape. Could be a nice addition.
sfa17
yeah looks quick. He is also a french Canadian. French is his first language

https://videopress.com/v/trlipyAO
PurpleForever
Saw where Charles Bassey, one of the top players in the nation for 2019, retweeted Sam Chaput's tweet. Doubt we'd ever have a chance for him but still interesting that there is that connection. Check out some of his tape.

sfa17
he commit to IUPUI.

good for him. I actually prefer Isaac Likekele and Coach K seems to be interested in Isaac too. Coach K's last "liked" tweet is a tweet by Likekele a few days ago.
PurpleForever
sfa17 said:

he commit to IUPUI.

good for him. I actually prefer Isaac Likekele and Coach K seems to be interested in Isaac too. Coach K's last "liked" tweet is a tweet by Likekele a few days ago.

Didn't expect that. We must not have used our best effort for him because i would think we'd be a much better option than IUPUI.
sfa17
Yeah looks like a last minute offer. Not too much info about him online. Not ranked or rated on any top Texas player lists. So I'm not really heartbroken. If We can get Likekele then I'm glad we didn't use the scholarship spot. I think we have 2 spots.
TallTexan
sfa17 said:

he commit to IUPUI.

Coach K using what the kids are using.
PurpleOut
Staff
I have a feeling Likekele ends up at UTEP with Terry.

I don't see them doing much in CUSA for a while.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

I have a feeling Likekele ends up at UTEP with Terry.

I don't see them doing much in CUSA for a while.

That dude must be a heck of a recruiter to be able to convince big city kids to go to Fresno and El Paso.
sfa17
fresno was a much better deal then El paso. what is a 18-22 year old gonna do in el paso. I guess you could regularly visit mexico. I rather lose out to a p5 team than el paso. Funny that Utep never crossed my mind bc its a clear downward move from fresno state. But maybe he has a really good relationship with him. Looks he still might be interested in UTEP bc he liked a picture posted by a Utep assistant coach showing the UTEP stadium. I was just thinking he would pick us or a P5 -P6 school. Now thinking about Utep has got me worried

We have more Ncaa appearance in the last 5 years than they have in the last 26 years. won 11 games this season and 12 the season before and Terry is probably not going to turn that around with only 1 Ncaa appearance in 7 years at fresno and no conference title. Seems like he just got bored of fresno and wanted a change.
TallTexan
I actually feel like there's probably as much to do in El Paso as Fresno. If you're into hiking or dune buggies, they've got you covered.

I think UTEP gets decent crowd numbers, but Keller could convince him to stay closer to home with a team that has the potential of going 4 for 4 with NCAA appearances while he's here.
SFAXE93
Oh no he didn't?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.