2022-2023 Ladyjack Basketball

40,141 Views | 417 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So sad
SFA88
Wow!!

SFAJack_76
I had heard that about Zya, but wasn't going public ahead of the coach. Big loss.
Pilotgirl
I'm glad they get to go to Puerto Rico!
SFA88
SFAJack_76 said:

I had heard that about Zya, but wasn't going public ahead of the coach. Big loss.

Kellogg has recruited well and they have all season to adjust but yes, it is a huge loss.
SFA88
We all know how good the Zags wbb program is but the Sundevils are an unknown. Traditionally, they have been good but they had a down year last year and Charli Turner Thorn retired after 25 years. They brought in coach Natasha Adair and her staff from Delaware. Coach Adair has a very good record but it remains to be seen if she can do it at the Pac-12 level.

Both games are winnable by SFA, of course, but that Sundevil game strikes me as chance to beat a Pac-12 team by double digits.
nacluth
Wow. Zya's loss is huge. I'm so sorry for her. I know the team is going to miss her intensity on the court. There's no way to fill that hole, but if someone can come close, it will be coach Kellogg.
BigJack85
nacluth said:

Wow. Zya's loss is huge. I'm so sorry for her. I know the team is going to miss her intensity on the court. There's no way to fill that hole, but if someone can come close, it will be coach Kellogg.

Ouch. The only thing positive about this injury, is that it is before the season starts. Time to adjust, fill, experiment. Overcome.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Ljacks&Longnecks
Wow, awful loss for Zya and team. Wish her a full complete recovery and healthy return in 23/24
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Way too early, but fun to look at.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

A 13 seed. As you said, way too early. Like throwing darts while blindfolded. Noticed that North Carolina is a 3 seed. That just confirms how good the Ladyjacks were last year and how good they could be this year, even without Zya.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFAJack_76 said:

A 13 seed. As you said, way too early. Like throwing darts while blindfolded. Noticed that North Carolina is a 3 seed. That just confirms how good the Ladyjacks were last year and how good they could be this year, even without Zya.

Agree. Our depth, even without Zya, is really good. I don't know that I see an end of the bench, mop up time, player on the team.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Agree. Our depth, even without Zya, is really good. I don't know that I see an end of the bench, mop up time, player on the team.
Depth for dayyyyyyyys!
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93
UTSA
Rice
Texas Southern
North Texas
Morgan State (Puerto Rico)
Boston College (Puerto Rico)
Gonzaga
Texas A&M - Texarkana
Arizona State
Texas Wesleyan

Maybe
George Mason
Bradley
FIU

SFA Jack Fanatic
A couple of very good teams coming to WRJ.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

Our social media team is legit amazing!
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

Our social media team is legit amazing!
I agree, and have told them so. However, their refusal to simply put the softball exhibitions on the weekly calendar bothers me. Maybe next week.
Pilotgirl
Huge step up from last year, tho!
SFAJack_76
Interesting. See if any of the frats wander over.
SFAXE93
nacluth
9:30 for the women? Are they being punished for being so good? Is there really so much going on that we can't have all the basketball fans show up at one time?
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

9:30 for the women? Are they being punished for being so good? Is there really so much going on that we can't have all the basketball fans show up at one time?

THIS. It's ridiculous.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Some thoughts after watching today's scrimmage...

This team is deeeep. Kellogg could run a 2-platoon system and not miss a beat. There are no weaknesses. Deepest team I've seen in recent years. There were 10 players today. Skye Mason not here.
Heard she is suffering from severe homesickness (missing her family in Australia.) Avery Vansickle has a boot on her foot. Kyla Deck is a player! Expect her to get an occasional start. She and Harrison are our best freshmen, IMO. Kirsten Harden is going to be a force in the paint. When she and Aiyana are on the court at the same time, no one will stop them. Tyler McCliment-Call looked great. Very smooth and can shoot. Jordan Harrison is as advertised. Smooth ball handler, super quick, and she can shoot. Definitely our PG of the future. AB looks good. No signs of post-injury slowdown or hesitency. Aiyana was Aiyana. Nuff said about that.

On a side note. Len Bishop did almost all of the coaching, while Kellogg just observed. If and when Kellogg leaves, Bishop definitely deserves the job!

I'm pumped for this team. Another 25-28 win season ahead. AxeEm, Ladyjacks!
nacluth
Thanks Ed for the recap. I'm excited to see them play soon.
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

nacluth said:

THIS. It's ridiculous.
Send all complaints to Coach Kellogg. That's the time that he wanted to have it.
nacluth
There was maybe 60 at the men's event. How many were at the women's?
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

There was maybe 60 at the men's event. How many were at the women's?

Maybe 30-40.
SFAXE93
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SFAJack_76

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.