2022-2023 Ladyjack Basketball

39,106 Views | 417 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jboy93 said:

So with all of the closer games this year, is this because of the better league? Just seems we have had quarters where we have "struggled" a little more than usual. I know that is strange statement because we have won 25 games already. It's just the eye test seems a little off for our Ladyjacks?

The WAC is way better than the SLC. And, we are really young. One senior.
nacluth
Looks like she got some nice kicks from MSU.

SFAXE93
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

jboy93 said:

So with all of the closer games this year, is this because of the better league? Just seems we have had quarters where we have "struggled" a little more than usual. I know that is strange statement because we have won 25 games already. It's just the eye test seems a little off for our Ladyjacks?

The WAC is way better than the SLC. And, we are really young. One senior.

Also lost Zya for the year. That's 3 to 4 wins easily.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

Ah, yes... Probably a little NIL $$$ to sweeten the transfer pot for her services. Wonder if it has been worth the 2-3 minutes per game...
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFAXE93 said:

Ah, yes... Probably a little NIL $$$ to sweeten the transfer pot for her services. Wonder if it has been worth the 2-3 minutes per game...

It's hard to understand the value. In women's sport especially. Statistically most of these transfers result in less time on the court/field.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
TallTexan
I think the advantage for Steph is probably a more recognizable brand name in Sweden for her grad degree.

As far as NIL, that deal for the team is $500 a month per player. It's not nothing, but it's not lifechanging money to move across the country for.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

I think the advantage for Steph is probably a more recognizable brand name in Sweden for her grad degree.

As far as NIL, that deal for the team is $500 a month per player. It's not nothing, but it's not lifechanging money to move across the country for.

Thanks, Texan. That's the first time I've heard a specific dollar amount stated per player per month. But I'm confused. If that's the case, why have I read about Power Five schools dangling tens of thousands of dollars in front of players by their alumni groups? What am I missing?
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

TallTexan said:

Thanks, Texan. That's the first time I've heard a specific dollar amount stated per player per month. But I'm confused. If that's the case, why have I read about Power Five schools dangling tens of thousands of dollars in front of players by their alumni groups? What am I missing?
For the most part, it's football driving the most insane NIL dollar values. For some schools, men's basketball too.

When I was looking at NILClub that our Beach Volleyball and Tennis teams are using, there are a few high major basketball and baseball teams on there. And they're all hoping to raise 50-100 per month for their athletes.

There's definitely money in NIL, but most of it is for football stars playing for the biggest brands.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Stephanie gave us 4 full years and did SFA proud. We seem to be dwelling on our own selfishness and disappointment that she didn't stay here for Graduate year. Of course I wish she had too.
Wish her only the best in life on and off the court.
Pilotgirl
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Stephanie gave us 4 full years and did SFA proud. We seem to be dwelling on our own selfishness and disappointment that she didn't stay here for Graduate year. Of course I wish she had too.
Wish her only the best in life on and off the court.

This 1000% Steph is a SMART young lady! I don't blame her for wanting a different experience her last year of eligibility outside of Nac.
SFAJack_76
For those that don't understand the importance of women's sports, this …

Great story.
SFAJack_76

SFAJack_76

nacluth
Wow! I was convinced people were going Grace Schmidt over Jordan. So glad Jordan won!
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

Wow! I was convinced people were going Grace Schmidt over Jordan. So glad Jordan won!

Me tooooo! Boyyy, I was ready for some tomfoolery tonight BUT the WAC pleasantly surprised me!

This isn't enough for our Ladyjacks...they've got another job they are focused on
SFA Jack Fanatic
Look at this, Ladyjack fans...

Zya Nugent tweeted today: "Being able to do contact stuff felt so good man!"

Jordan Harrison tweeted: "Felt good being out there with you."

Zya tweeted: "next year gon be crazy!"

I LIKE WHAT THIS CONVERSATION IS INDICATING ABOUT ZYA'S PROGRESS!!!
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Look at this, Ladyjack fans...

Zya Nugent tweeted today: "Being able to do contact stuff felt so good man!"

Jordan Harrison tweeted: "Felt good being out there with you."

Zya tweeted: "next year gon be crazy!"

I LIKE WHAT THIS CONVERSATION IS INDICATING ABOUT ZYA'S PROGRESS!!!

Good stuff !!!! Axe ' Em Jacks
SFAJack_76
Bracket to be released on Monday.
nacluth
Interesting to give us a conference champion bid when really we weren't, just a #1 seed. I'll take it, but it is curious.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

Interesting to give us a conference champion bid when really we weren't, just a #1 seed. I'll take it, but it is curious.

The AQ goes to the next in line....so SUu was regular champion & won the tourney; therefore, we were the WAC AQ after SUU.
nacluth
Hmm…I've never seen them do that before. Usually if the champion wins there is no AQ for that conference.

Again, not that I mind.
Pilotgirl
I don't know how to post a screenshot here...just read the rules/criteria of Automatic Berths:
https://womensnit.com/sports/2019/2/10/Post_0210190108.aspx?path=post_wnit
SFAJack_76
nacluth
Pilotgirl said:

I don't know how to post a screenshot here...just read the rules/criteria of Automatic Berths:
https://womensnit.com/sports/2019/2/10/Post_0210190108.aspx?path=post_wnit
Here's the quote:

Automatic Berths
A team that is offered an automatic berth by the WNIT shall be the team that is a.) the highest-finishing team in its conference's regular-season standings, and b.) is not selected for the NCAA Tournament. A team that fulfills this quality will earn the WNIT automatic berth, regardless of overall or conference record.

This is the same as the past. We didn't qualify for A because we weren't the highest finishing team in the conference. So, technically we shouldn't have been an AQ. I think the seeding for the conference tournament confused the committee. Good for us. Time to win some more.
SFAJack_76
Another outstanding season by our Ladyjacks. It's quite a testament about where the program is, that the way it ended is disappointing. As Coach said in the post game, there weren't very many teams still playing on March 20.

My hope is that more people appreciate what our women's basketball program is, and what it historically has done for SFA. Fifty years that I can personally attest to. The coaches, staff, and players work unbelievably hard at their sport. This team had injuries to key players and still won. We had a "big" quit basketball just before the season started. They still won. No excuses, just win.

There are too many unknowns to talk in detail about next season yet, but I believe it will be another good one. Support them. Spread the word.
SFAXE93
TallTexan
djsfw57
TallTexan said:

I just breathed a little easier. At least for now.
BigJack85
djsfw57 said:

TallTexan said:

I just breathed a little easier. At least for now.

Whew………
Pilotgirl
Yeah, we need to pay the man more IMO.
BigJack85
Pilotgirl said:

Any idea what his contract is today?
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

Bank routing number and your account number, please, Pilot. I'll gladly take care of the rest. You can thank me later...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.