2022-2023 Ladyjack Basketball

39,195 Views | 417 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Whoever is responsible, please TURN ON the Purple Lights!!!
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAXE93
Not bringing the axe out during the football game, not turning on the purple lights after a victory!

Staffing issues?
BigJack85
SFAXE93 said:

Not bringing the axe out during the football game, not turning on the purple lights after a victory!

Staffing issues?

It wouldn't surprise me, if that was the issue.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93
SFA Jack Fanatic
The Ladyjacks host Gonzaga next Thursday, December 1. Yesterday, Gonzaga knocked off #23 Tennessee 73-72 in the 3rd place game of the Battle for Atlantis Tournament. If SFA can beat the Zags it would be a huge feather in their caps.

Personally, I'm making the 4 1/2 hour drive up for that one. It's a double header night, too. Get out and support the Ladyjacks that night!
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

The Ladyjacks host Gonzaga next Thursday, December 1. Yesterday, Gonzaga knocked off #23 Tennessee 73-72 in the 3rd place game of the Battle for Atlantis Tournament. If SFA can beat the Zags it would be a huge feather in their caps.

Personally, I'm making the 4 1/2 hour drive up for that one. It's a double header might, too. Get out and support the Ladyjacks that night!
They also beat #6 Louisville 79-67 in OT. They are big with eight players 6' or taller. Expect them to be ranked when they come to Nacogdoches. Beating them would be the biggest Ladyjack win in perhaps thirty years.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Personally, I'm making the 4 1/2 hour drive up for that one. It's a double header might, too. Get out and support the Ladyjacks that night!
They also beat #6 Louisville 79-67 in OT. They are big with eight players 6' or taller. Expect them to be ranked when they come to Nacogdoches. Beating them would be the biggest Ladyjack win in perhaps thirty years.

Thanks for the additional info, 76. Our couple of bigs will have their work cut out for them. And I'm sure Gonzaga's staff will be watching the Ladyjacks closely over the next few days.
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Thanks for making the trip! I can't get there in time as I work until 330. Please be extra loud for us!
nacluth
Gonzaga now ranked #23. Surely the first time in a while a ranked opponent has come to Nac. Time for the Ladyjacks to show their worth to the nation.

Gonzaga has already beaten #6 Louisville and #23 Tennessee. They play #2 Stanford right after us. Hopefully there's a little bit of overlooking happening.
SFAXE93
At least since the Gary Blair years of the 1990s.
SFAXE93
This would be a great win for the program and get the Ladyjacks some votes in the polls.

RedRiverLa
Here in WJC to watch the Ladyjacks with 30 of my closest friends. Let's hope a crowd shows up, they have 25 minutes.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
nacluth
Coming
SFA Jack Fanatic
Gonzaga has two twins from Houston (Jersey Village HS) playing on their team. There are about 20 people from Houston here to supprt them.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Best guess, there are about 300 in the building prior to the tip.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ladyjacks jave had open shots, just not hitting them.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Gonzaga hasn't missed one so far. 11-0.
RedRiverLa
We're not playing poorly, just missing every shot. That's the difference in playing number 23, they are all shooters and makers.
Lumberjack Battalion
nacluth
Getting our butts handed to us. 25-9 1Q.

Defense is going to need to get tighter. Zags hit just about every shot.
nacluth
79% shooting to 8% after 1.
RedRiverLa
2 good teams, one is just has better shooters. Honestly, the zags are impressive.
Lumberjack Battalion
SFA Jack Fanatic
We're witnessing what a Top 20 defense and shooting looks like. Gonzaga's Hayleigh Troung (from Houston) is one of the best point guards I've ever seen in WRJ. Very smooth and a great ball handler.
nacluth
Ladyjacks pouring on the pressure to start the second. 14-2 run in 3 minutes.

4 point game! Ladyjacks want it !
SFA Jack Fanatic
Kyla Deck is going to have a great 4 years at SFA.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Wow...Kyla Deck has us on her back right now. Nice run
nacluth
Harden can't buy a bucket right now. If she can get rolling…
nacluth
36-29 Zags at half. Great second by the Ladyjacks.

Definitely in this game.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Gonzaga has put a blanket on Angel Scott. She hasn't had a chance to shoot a single three.
nacluth
Definitely one of their game plans. Their guard on her is lockdown.
Pilotgirl
Let's go Ladyjacks! Great 2nd...not out of this yet!
SFA88
I know this horse has been beaten to death but WTH! The Ladyjacks are playing a top 20 team and the place is empty.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA88 said:

I know this horse has been beaten to death but WTH! The Ladyjacks are playing a top 20 team and the place is empty.

It's far from empty. Not great, but an OK crowd.
SFA88
Good Deck back in.
nacluth
Avery got her first point. Maybe she can get going. They are locking down our bigs save Aiyana.

Now Harden gets on the board.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.