2022-2023 Ladyjack Basketball

39,201 Views | 417 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well, now we cheer on CBU and GCU to beat SUU. SUU beat Tarleton 80 to 78 today. Thanks for nothing, Texans!
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl said:

Well, now we cheer on CBU and GCU to beat SUU. SUU beat Tarleton 80 to 78 today. Thanks for nothing, Texans!

SUU actually went to OT to beat Tarleton. They also played OT with their loss against ACU on Thursday.
SFAJack_76
Don't know that we will see Harden tomorrow, but I think she is close. We need her.
SFAJack_76
Kellogg said on the radio show that Harden has been practicing and may get some minutes against NMSU.
SFAXE93
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
nacluth
Senior night has started rough. 3:30 in before NMSU scored the first points of the night.
nacluth
4-1 NMSU 7 minutes into the game!
nacluth
This is ugly. 0 shooting percentage for the first 9:30 until Deck scores the only bucket of the quarter.

9-4 NMSU after 1.
nacluth
There's not enough people here to get all the free tshirts.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Wow, like a bad dream that 1st qtr. Turnovers galore, NMSU about 2x the shot attempts...wake me up please.
nacluth
One fieldgoal 12 minutes in. Our shots haven't even been close. Got to find something.
nacluth
Harden scores the bucket of the second quarter 4:15 in.
BigJack85
Crowd looks small and asleep. Student section is there…
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
nacluth
There hasn't been much to wake up about. But we'll keep cheering.
nacluth
Jordan has 6 turnovers Thankfully the Aggies have shot terribly too.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Both teams playing strong defense.....big difference to me is that NMSU has been much more aggressive going after rebounds. That and we can't hit a shot over 3 feet away from rim.
nacluth
Well that was a half. 18-15 NMSU.

To say it was anything other than abysmal would be to overreach. Hopefully the imposter players stay in the locker room.
Ljacks&Longnecks
nacluth said:

Jordan has 6 turnovers Thankfully the Aggies have shot terribly too.

Fortunate that NMSU can't hit shots either. Feels like we are down by 20. Hopefully we find a couple of answers at the break.
nacluth
It's getting loud now that the Ladyjacks have turned it on. Rolling in the third. 31-20 at the 3Q media.
nacluth
Ladyjacks had a 23 point quarter to go up 38-29, but Kellogg is as hot as he gets.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Ladyjack rebounding certainly needs to improve next week.

Although we have battled back tonight , this level of play will NOT win WacVegas.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Buckets does know that this is an SFA broadcast, right? He's talking more about NMSU than SFA.
Ljacks&Longnecks
I like Buckets but frankly he is talking a bit too much tonight.
TalkingSports
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Buckets does know that this is an SFA broadcast, right? He's talking more about NMSU than SFA
Chase here (PXP). We always appreciate any corrective feedback! Always keep in mind that we are considered a "neutral" ESPN broadcast. Even if we both have attended/attending SFA! Always enjoy reading the comments! Great win by the Ladyjacks!
BigJack85
TalkingSports said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Buckets does know that this is an SFA broadcast, right? He's talking more about NMSU than SFA
Chase here (PXP). We always appreciate any corrective feedback! Always keep in mind that we are considered a "neutral" ESPN broadcast. Even if we both have attended/attending SFA! Always enjoy reading the comments! Great win by the Ladyjacks!

I think you guys are doing great. Seems like good chemistry. Just a personal preference, I enjoy more analysis. You may be giving more analysis on certain games due to game flow etc. All good imho.

Would like to see you 2 on the call next year. Practice makes perfect.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Pilotgirl
Whew...another great locker room adjustment from Kellogg & Co. That 1st half was a struggle for the players and us fans in the audience too. So glad we made the trip to see Nina's last home game...wouldn't missed it for anything!
SFAJack_76
Watched the 4th quarter of Michigan State vs Nebraska in the Big Ten tournament. Visscher played three minutes in the game. One rebound, zero points. She was being a good teammate… from the bench.

In strictly basketball terms, this was not a good move. I hope she got other benefits from it.
Ljacks&Longnecks
What's the story on Brionna Scott? Haven't seen her on the bench lately.
SFAJack_76
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

What's the story on Brionna Scott? Haven't seen her on the bench lately.

She decided she didn't want to play any more. No particular event or chain of events, she just decided she didn't want to do it. Unusual timing, but apparently something she had thought about for awhile.
jboy93
I'm guessing we have to win the WAC tourney to make the big dance? Not that I am thinking anything else but winning of course!
nacluth
jboy93 said:

I'm guessing we have to win the WAC tourney to make the big dance? Not that I am thinking anything else but winning of course!
Absolutely. The WAC is a better league than the Southland by far, but we're still a ways off on the men's side from being a two bid league. We're triple that far from being a two bid league on the women's side.
jboy93
So with all of the closer games this year, is this because of the better league? Just seems we have had quarters where we have "struggled" a little more than usual. I know that is strange statement because we have won 25 games already. It's just the eye test seems a little off for our Ladyjacks?
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

jboy93 said:

Absolutely. The WAC is a better league than the Southland by far, but we're still a ways off on the men's side from being a two bid league. We're triple that far from being a two bid league on the women's side.
We were in the first four out much earlier in the season, which was really cool. That was ESPN's bracketology with SUU as the AQ. But yes, we will need to win the tourney.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.