2022-2023 Ladyjack Basketball

39,194 Views | 417 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFA88 said:

I know this horse has been beaten to death but WTH! The Ladyjacks are playing a top 20 team and the place is empty.

It's far from empty. Not great, but an OK crowd.
I would expect the place to be full or at least half full. I'm looking at a bunch of empty seat on ESPN+
RedRiverLa
Deck is impressive, just a freshman! And this is Gonzaga!
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
nacluth
Great game. 7 point game, 7 minutes left.

56-49 Zags.
RedRiverLa
SFA88 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFA88 said:

I know this horse has been beaten to death but WTH! The Ladyjacks are playing a top 20 team and the place is empty.

I would expect the place to be full or at least half full. I'm looking at a bunch of empty seat on ESPN+

In general, since Alabama, has this place ever been full again?
Lumberjack Battalion
SFA88
Lombard has been open on the corner 3 a couple of times but didn't take it. I'm glad she finally took one from the wing.
SFA Jack Fanatic
They've brought in some real officials for this game. These ain't WAC or SLC officials. They've blown a couple of calls, but not many.
Pilotgirl
Love the fight of this team! They never give up!
SFA88
RedRiverLa said:

SFA88 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFA88 said:

Yeah it was a pointless post by me. I kind of wish I could take that one back. It's just not going to happen.
Pilotgirl
Harrison has made some very freshman mistakes. But she will learn from them.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Can we re-do the first quarter, please?
nacluth
Kyla Deck has 22. Impressive night.

65-57 Zags 2:41 left.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Kyla with 22.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

Kyla Deck has 22. Impressive night.

65-57 Zags 2:41 left.

Being just within reach of #23 team? I'll take it. We needed this challenge!
Ljacks&Longnecks
Some of our 3 point tries are rather ill advised, maybe a little too much desperation......oops then Deck cans one
Ljacks&Longnecks
Zags have had an answer for every mini run we have had.......perhaps a major difference between ranked and Ladyjacks.

That and our cold starts at the start of each half.
nacluth
Very solid game except for the first 8 minutes. Honestly better than the last 8 minutes being bad.

This Ladyjacks squad hasn't quite got everything dialed in yet as good as they are. We'll be ready to run the WAC and face a ranked team again in the tournament.

Proud of our Ladyjacks.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

Very solid game except for the first 8 minutes. Honestly better than the last 8 minutes being bad.

This Ladyjacks squad hasn't quite got everything dialed in yet as good as they are. We'll be ready to run the WAC and face a ranked team again in the tournament.

Proud of our Ladyjacks.

Agreed!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ladies were never able to overcome a terrible start. We played them even the rest of the way. Learn and grow from this disappointment.
Pilotgirl
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Zags have had an answer for every mini run we have had.......perhaps a major difference between ranked and Ladyjacks.

We will get it together! Really impressed with our Freshmen.
Pilotgirl
Proud of how this team rebounded from the 1st quarter of #23 ranked team. Great experience for us.
RedRiverLa
If we could bottle this effort, we'd slide through the WAC. Wishful thinking as it's a long season. But this team deserves in person support. It is really a great brand of basketball to watch overall.
Lumberjack Battalion
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

We will get it together! Really impressed with our Freshmen.

Kyla Deck is going to be something special. She's VERY athletic and fluid.
SFA88
CBU and GCU played very well against Pac-12 teams yesterday but couldn't quite get it done and SFA played well tonight with the same result. There are some good teams in the WAC and I haven't even mentioned UTA which I still think will be good once conference play starts.

BTW, if you didn't follow it, GCU was up on ASU by 10 late in the 3rd. They had no answer for a impressive little guard named Tyi Skinner. She scored 29 last night. The Ladyjacks can beat ASU but they have to stop Skinner.
RedRiverLa
SFA88 said:

RedRiverLa said:

SFA88 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFA88 said:

Wasn't a bad post, i'm just surprised how much it has dropped off from the mid 2010s.

Yeah it was a pointless post by me. I kind of wish I could take that one back. It's just not going to happen.

I thought it was good. I'm just surprised how much the crowds have dropped off from the packed days of the mid 2010s. When there were doubleheaders.
Lumberjack Battalion
Pilotgirl
SFA88 said:

CBU and GCU played very well against Pac-12 teams yesterday but couldn't quite get it done and SFA played well tonight with the same result. There are some good teams in the WAC and I haven't even mentioned UTA which I still think will be good once conference play starts.

BTW, if you didn't follow it, GCU was up on ASU by 10 late in the 3rd. They had no answer for a impressive little guard named Tyi Skinner. She scored 29 last night. The Ladyjacks can beat ASU but they have to stop Skinner.

I watched that game. We can definitely beat ASU if we play well. Zags are much better...if we have the same kind of effort like we did tonight, we will get the W.

GCU played them well but lost steam in the 4th. Our Ladies don't tire out.
SFA88
Pilotgirl said:

SFA88 said:

I watched that game. We can definitely beat ASU if we play well. Zags are much better...if we have the same kind of effort like we did tonight, we will get the W.

GCU played them well but lost steam in the 4th. Our Ladies don't tire out.
Like the Ladyjacks at the beginning of this game, GCU was too hyped up.
They definitely got tired in the 4th. Skinner got foul after foul on GCU. Not that I have watched a ton of women's BB, but Skinner is the best player i have seen so far. Including all of the Gonzaga players. Its possible she was just having an exceptional night.
ASU is not a good 3 point shooting team. It might be time for some zone.
Pilotgirl
We do play zone...a lot
nacluth
So is Sunday's game against Texas A&M - Texarkana our first official UT/A&M rivalry game?
Ljacks&Longnecks
Wow, guess eveyone was busy this Sunday including myself. Got home to no posts on todays game.....Ladyjacks defeat A&M Texarkana 80-51. Jordan Harrison had 20 points. Deck and Lombard each added 10.
Sounds like a good win and now a week off to prepare for Arizona St.
BigJack85
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Wow, guess eveyone was busy this Sunday including myself. Got home to no posts on todays game.....Ladyjacks defeat A&M Texarkana 80-51. Jordan Harrison had 20 points. Deck and Lombard each added 10.

Watched about 1/2 of it on the ESPN app. We looked good but the competition level was low. Still believe we are a Top 3, WAC squad. No doubt, we have quality at every position. Just a matter of time. Think they will jell. UTA and GCU will be our biggest obstacles.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Pilotgirl
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

We watched it....took about a quarter for us to get going. Everyone played...Lombard, both Scott's, Zoe, Deck got lots of playing time.
SFAXE93

You have to remind yourself that she is just a freshman, and what a scary thought that is.
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93 said:

You have to remind yourself that she is just a freshman, and what a scary thought that is.

After she signed, Kellogg told us she could be a four year starter at PG. Apparently, an accurate assessment.
nacluth
ESPN's women's bracketology which is always trash this early have GCU as the 14 seed. GCU is 8-1 with a cupcake schedule. Only loss is to Arizona State.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

ESPN's women's bracketology which is always trash this early have GCU as the 14 seed. GCU is 8-1 with a cupcake schedule. Only loss is to Arizona State.

Ridiculous lol

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.