2022-2023 Ladyjack Basketball

39,208 Views | 417 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Imagine being so lazy as to pick the current #1 as the AQ....LOL Not even a little research about the WAC!!
https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/30423107/ncaa-women-bracketology-2023-women-college-basketball-projections
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

Imagine being so lazy as to pick the current #1 as the AQ....LOL Not even a little research about the WAC!!
https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/30423107/ncaa-women-bracketology-2023-women-college-basketball-projections

Southern Utah as the 16th seed AQ ???????????????????????? ROFL!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

I was given wrong information...they are back in Nac

Yeah, I saw that. You are forgiven... just this once.
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Pilotgirl said:

Yeah, that's wayyyyy funnier than listing GCU as #1 in the power rankings this week. LOL
nacluth
CBU up by 4 at the half. Ladyjacks have some work in the second half.
SFAXE93
This seems to be happening weekly.

Pilotgirl
BigJack85
Pilotgirl said:

Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
BigJack85
BigJack85 said:

Pilotgirl said:

The ESPN writer (Charlie Crme) is outside his depth once you get past the bluebloods SUU still has to face GCU X2 SFA X2. I don't see SUU finishing above 3rd. GCU and SFA have those two spots. SUU will be playing for 3rd place with NMSU.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
nacluth
Well it's nice to think that we could get an at large bid because those usually start at the 11 seed though sometimes 12. However, if we win the WAC tournament to go back, there's a 90% we will be a 12 seed. \/\/
Pilotgirl
I just thought it was cool to see us listed there and not as an auto bid since we aren't currently in 1st
Pilotgirl
CBU is leading GCU going into the 4th by 15....we need CBU to win to move into 2nd
Pilotgirl
CBU beats GCU !
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

CBU beats GCU !

I was expecting this, since GCU has had several close calls since they upset SFA. It was only a matter of time.
Pilotgirl
SUU and GCU in a fight right now. Suu up 3 with 43 seconds left
Pilotgirl
Suu up by 1 pt...33 seconds left. Suu has possession
Pilotgirl
SUU wins by 3 points. Awful offensive game for GCU & they turned SUU over 20+ times but couldn't capitalize off the turnovers.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

SUU wins by 3 points. Awful offensive game for GCU & they turned SUU over 20+ times but couldn't capitalize off the turnovers.

GCU led most of the game but folded in the 4th.
nacluth
Can't trust anyone to do your job for you.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

Can't trust anyone to do your job for you.

Exactly! They had ONE job!!
SFAXE93
SFAJack_76
I got curious as to how Visscher was doing at MSU. Played in all 21 games, averaging 9.5 minutes per game. Shooting .235. .214 from three. 2.0 ppg and 2.0 rpg. MSU is 11-10 (3-7).

Goodness …
nacluth
Very unfortunate for her in my opinion. I don't know of all her reasons for going, but if it was mainly playing time on a top level team, then it hasn't been going well.

I think this is one of the most talented Ladyjacks teams ever. I can't imagine what they would be with her on it. But, I wish her the best.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Very unfortunate for her in my opinion. I don't know of all her reasons for going, but if it was mainly playing time on a top level team, then it hasn't been going well.

I think this is one of the most talented Ladyjacks teams ever. I can't imagine what they would be with her on it. But, I wish her the best.

(And with her and Zya on it.)

Was it a certain advanced degree she was after?
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

nacluth said:

Was it a certain advanced degree she was after?
No.
SFAJack_76
nacluth
Big win by NMSU to knock off CBU. The win leaves SFA in sole possession of second place.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

Big win by NMSU to knock off CBU. The win leaves SFA in sole possession of second place.

It'll be interesting when we play NMSU!
SFA88
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Pilotgirl said:

Suddenly, this doesn't look so crazy. They are 8-0 in conference. They have already won at NMSU and at GCU and they only play one game against SFA and that is at their place.
SFAJack_76
SFA88 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Pilotgirl said:

Suddenly, this doesn't look so crazy. They are 8-0 in conference. They have already won at NMSU and at GCU and they only play one game against SFA and that is at their place.

Yep. It looks like the Ladyjacks need to win out, and get some help. It's possible, but we must play much better than we did against CBU. Starting Saturday.
nacluth
You're right that it's not crazy. They do still play us, CBU, and GCU, then they would need to win the tournament in Vegas which is now a minimum of three games in a row.

Obviously they have shown that they are a good team and could win. Everyone going forward has a tough road. It's going to be hard but I think that our experience will help in those win or go home games.
Pilotgirl
The one game I watched of SUU....wasn't very impressed. But that's my opinion
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA88 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Pilotgirl said:

Pardon me while I wipe the egg off my face...
SFA88
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFA88 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Pilotgirl said:

Pardon me while I wipe the egg off my face...
I suspect most of us thought the same thing. I thought SUU would be good, but I didn't think they would be this good. I thought UTA would be much better than they are.

I agree that I like my chances with the Ladyjacks in the tournament but as of now, SUU is sitting in the cat bird's seat for the regular season.
SFAXE93

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.