2022-2023 Ladyjack Basketball

39,191 Views | 417 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SFAXE93
nacluth
Nice. We have less losses in three years of conference play than most preseason favorites had last year. I think a good choice by the WAC. I would love for Aiyana to be the end of the year player of the year though I don't think that is likely, but absolutely thrilled she is the preseason pick. She is deserving of the respect.
SFAXE93
SFA88
nacluth said:

Nice. We have less losses in three years of conference play than most preseason favorites had last year. I think a good choice by the WAC. I would love for Aiyana to be the end of the year player of the year though I don't think that is likely, but absolutely thrilled she is the preseason pick. She is deserving of the respect.

This is the way I have the top 4. I think there is a gap after CBU. I think SFA and UTA are very close. I respect what GCU has done but think they are still a recruiting/transfer portal class away. Starr Jacobs is my pick for POY.

The conference tournament could be interesting. You never know what might happen in a one and done format.
SFA88
SFAXE93 said:

I agree with this poll but is it a SID or Admin Assistant poll like it is in football? I find it hard to believe the coaches are taking the time to fill out a poll.
TallTexan
I'd bet the coaches actually do fill this one out. It's not in season & there are only a handful of teams to pick from, unlike the football coaches poll.
SFAJack_76
Unconfirmed, but word is the Ladyjacks dominated Rice in a secret scrimmage at WRJ. Rice is preseason fourth in C-USA.
nacluth
There's a rumor I can believe in.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

Unconfirmed, but word is the Ladyjacks dominated Rice in a secret scrimmage at WRJ. Rice is preseason fourth in C-USA.

Something to get behind. Axe 'Em Jacks
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76 said:

The domination part was accurate. The opponent was Houston Christian.

The Ladyjacks will be on the road on Saturday vs Jackson State.
SFAJack_76
Another dominating scrimmage this past Saturday at Jackson State. The real thing on Monday vs UTSA at home.
SFA88
What do you think? Should we go bug the @SunDevilWBB Twitter account and let them know that Stephen F. Austin is not in Huntsville TX? I understand they may not know where it is but that's just sloppy.

See https://thesundevils.com/sports/womens-basketball/schedule?path=wbball

Ask them if ASU is in Tucson? That will get their attention.
SFAJack_76
nacluth
I'll take the #15 to start with but I don't like being in the SWAC.
SFA88
nacluth said:

Good grief, and yet they got UTA right.
BigJack85
nacluth said:

Idiots. Journalism has deteriorated. Nobody "double checks" or has an editor look something over. See the article in The Daily Sentinel, after the game against SUU. Half of the mentions of SUU , called them Utah State.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA88 said:

nacluth said:

Good grief, and yet they got UTA right.

And Jackson State is ranked ahead of the Ladyjacks. (See 76's comment about how the scrimmage with Jackson State went the other day.)
Ljacks&Longnecks
Checking the roster and I see Skye Mason is no longer listed. Guessing that she returned home to Australia. Wishing her well---having your family and friends half a world away certainly would be a challenge for many.
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
Ready to dominate in the paint!

SFAJack_76
TallTexan
Like the ladies OOC schedule a bit better than the guys. Some chances for marquee brand name wins there.
Pilotgirl
Since the Astros won the World Series, V and I both get today off!!! I also have election day off, so we are able to make the trip and watch the banner drop for our Ladies!! Hope others come out and watch us play a DI opponent
BigJack85
Pilotgirl said:

Since the Astros won the World Series, V and I both get today off!!! I also have election day off, so we are able to make the trip and watch the banner drop for our Ladies!! Hope others come out and watch us play a DI opponent

Awesomeness. Axe 'Em Jacks
SFAXE93
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

See you there.
nacluth
I just got notified on my SEATz app that my food had been delivered. That's quick since I won't be showing up and ordering for a couple more hours.
Pilotgirl
EIGHT new players!
nacluth
The women have 12 on their roster online. I could have sworn we had more than that. I won't get off work until late tonight. I would like to hear how many dress out tonight.
Pilotgirl
I know we had one from Australia leave...
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl said:

I know we had one from Australia leave...

That 12 also includes Zya...so 11 that can play this year...
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

The women have 12 on their roster online. I could have sworn we had more than that. I won't get off work until late tonight. I would like to hear how many dress out tonight.
That is what was at Meet the Jacks.
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

EIGHT new players!

Two transfers from USC, including their leading scorer last season.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.