2022-2023 Ladyjack Basketball

39,190 Views | 417 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
Ljacks&Longnecks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You called it on the football board Red!!
RedRiverLa
Tell me what I did? Lol.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

Pilotgirl said:

nacluth said:

Pilotgirl said:

LOL it's literally the 1st game of the season
Oh yeah. No disrespect to the ladies. Just saying with our three top defensive players gone form last year, it just has a different feel. I know Kellogg will get them there.

What was that tech about?

NaNa is tired of people being all over her abd no calls...she's giving it back, verbally too and has no F's to give this year

She's supposed to be a leader. She has to be better.

She will be fine.
Jyank24
Harden has been a bright spot tonight
Ljacks&Longnecks
Hey Talking Sports...video feed cutting in and out last several minutes

Whole 4th quarter video feed has been a fail here.
RedRiverLa
I agree. And good FT shooter.
Lumberjack Battalion
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76 said:

Their #32 is the best player on the floor. By a lot.

Wrong. Harden is.
RedRiverLa
SFAJack_76 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Their #32 is the best player on the floor. By a lot.

Wrong. Harden is.

Love the correction!
Lumberjack Battalion
Jyank24
Good Win!! Fought through early adversity, grew a little bit each quarter.
RedRiverLa
Ladyjacks win! Our season is saved! Harden POG! Kudos to Kellog for bringing in a DI team to kick the season off and get a barometer on his team.
Lumberjack Battalion
BigJack85
Jyank24 said:

Game aside, it's painful to listen to our tv guys. Can we not get into the journalism dept and let some students try. Can't get worse

To say , "They are a work in progress" would be to nice.

Do a little research guys. Just a little.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Pilotgirl
RedRiverLa said:

Ladyjacks win! Our season is saved! Harden POG! Kudos to Kellog for bringing in a DI team to kick the season off and get a barometer on his team.

Lol 1 non-conf game doesn't make or break us. Good first game to show what is working vs not working. I'll share some thoughts in a bit or probably put it in the upcoming podcast!

Kellogg always wants his teams challenged. He's said multiple times this is his most difficult non-conf schedule. I respect it. Will only serve to make us ready for conference play.
RedRiverLa
Pilotgirl said:

RedRiverLa said:

Lol 1 non-conf game doesn't make or break us. Good first game to show what is working vs not working. I'll share some thoughts in a bit or probably put it in the upcoming podcast!

I agree. That was harmless sarcasm to the naysayers after 1 half, 1 game.
Lumberjack Battalion
nacluth
Great win Ladyjacks! Way to fight through to the victory. That was a solid game for the new players. Like coaches say, defense is harder than offense and it showed, but a good finish.
Pilotgirl
RedRiverLa said:

Pilotgirl said:

RedRiverLa said:

I agree. That was sarcasm to the naysayers after 1 half, 1 game.

I thought so but honestly, after some posts, you start to wonder lol
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Hey Talking Sports...video feed cutting in and out last several minutes

Whole 4th quarter video feed has been a fail here.
True! Terrible technical problems at the worst possible time. Unacceptable. I was able to peak in on the UH men's game and experienced no problems there, so the problem was with the SFA feed.

Side note: I tuned in to the radio broadcast when the streaming technical problems started, and I hate to say it, but in my opinion the fellow doing the play-by-play may be the worst announcer SFA has ever used.
TalkingSports
I am truly sorry for the feed cutting out. Unfortunately, I was unaware that was happening but I also have no control over that department. I hope it is a lot better in the future. I will put the comment into that department and hopefully, the issue will be resolved. Thank y'all for the information.
Pilotgirl
I'll start a game thread for the next WBB game...completely forgot!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

I'll start a game thread for the next WBB game...completely forgot!
That'll be one demerit, Pilot. I'll be keeping count.
SFA Jack Fanatic
It just dawned on me that Zoe Nelson did not suit up. What is her issue?
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

She was suited up.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

She was suited up.

OK. Just didn't see the floor. That's a bit strange.
SFAXE93
SFAJack_76
Decent Sunday afternoon crowd. Happy to see the band here.
Pilotgirl
Took a nap and overslept! Tuned in firing the 2nd....should be a good game for the Ladies to figure out some things & gain confidence. Up big at th e half 60-27
RedRiverLa
Radio guy fighting congestion but hanging in there! Brave effort!
Lumberjack Battalion
SFA Jack Fanatic
RedRiverLa said:

I don't know from where they got the radio guy, but he needs to go back to doing what he did before. To be blunt, he's a terrible sports play-by-play guy.
nacluth
Solid win especially for game experience. Still loose on the turnovers but good play overall.

Just for reference Rice cleaned ACU's clock in the fourth too for a big win.
Pilotgirl
Good to know!
RedRiverLa
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

RedRiverLa said:

I don't know from where they got the radio guy, but he needs to go back to doing what he did before. To be blunt, he's a terrible sports play-by-play guy.

You never know the situation. I have a feeling people aren't lining up, which is strange because it's the perfect opportunity to learn. I appreciate anyone who puts themselves out there to help.
Lumberjack Battalion
BigJack85
Looked a whole lot better. Clearly Rice is a better team, than TSU. That being said, we shouldn't have lost to Rice, by 11.
SFAJack_76
Attendance - 695. As I mentioned, the band was there. Work is being put in to improve relations between athletics and the LMB.

Outstanding first half. Sleep walked through the third quarter. Better fourth quarter.

AB with one of her best games as a Ladyjack. 16 points, 11 assists, and 15 rebounds in 26 minutes. She looks to me to be in better shape than she was before her knee injury last season. Angel Scott with 18 points in 24 minutes, including 4-4 on threes. Playing SG. Freshman, Jordan Harrison improving as PG. 5 assists on 3 turnovers in 28 minutes. Contributed 8 points, including 2-4 on threes. Back up PG was a mix of Lombard, Deck, and a little A. Scott. Lombard had a nice game. Deck looked more like a freshman than she did in the UTSA game. Harden with 20 points and 6 rebounds in 19 minutes. She is a huge addition to the team.

Aiyana Johnson had a very blah 16 minutes. This is a game she should dominate as AB and Harden did. Low energy. Poor body language. We got out of the sleepwalk mode late in the third quarter when she was replaced by Harden. Eleven points, 2 rebounds, and 3 turnovers. She is not playing at an all-conference level, much less an MVP level.
SFAJack_76
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

Attendance - 695. As I mentioned, the band was there. Work is being put in to improve relations between athletics and the LMB.

Outstanding first half. Sleep walked through the third quarter. Better fourth quarter.

AB with one of her best games as a Ladyjack. 16 points, 11 assists, and 15 rebounds in 26 minutes. She looks to me to be in better shape than she was before her knee injury last season. Angel Scott with 18 points in 24 minutes, including 4-4 on threes. Playing SG. Freshman, Jordan Harrison improving as PG. 5 assists on 3 turnovers in 28 minutes. Contributed 8 points, including 2-4 on threes. Back up PG was a mix of Lombard, Deck, and a little A. Scott. Lombard had a nice game. Deck looked more like a freshman than she did in the UTSA game. Harden with 20 points and 6 rebounds in 19 minutes. She is a huge addition to the team.

Aiyana Johnson had a very blah 16 minutes. This is a game she should dominate as AB and Harden did. Low energy. Poor body language. We got out of the sleepwalk mode late in the third quarter when she was replaced by Harden. Eleven points, 2 rebounds, and 3 turnovers. She is not playing at an all-conference level, much less an MVP level.

Thanks for the insight. Hard to catch all of that from the TV.
SFAJack_76

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.