2019-2020 Ladyjack Basketball

104,553 Views | 684 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ugly basketball the first quarter.
SFA Jack Fanatic
They just showed the video of the new practice facility on the big board. That layup vs. Duke at the end of it always gets me going.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Excellent defense in the first half. Offense not so much.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Inside game working well here in 3rd qtr.

Hey Ed, I see you up there. Can you help Banfield find her shot, she is 0 for the week they said in the broadcast.
SFAJack_76
59-47. Not pretty but effective. Played the entire fourth quarter with Banfield the only starter on the floor.
SFA Jack Fanatic
She finished "o fer"... So much for being the record holder for threes in a game...

BTW, four bench players played the entire 4th quarter, and played very well.
TallTexan
That's 3 games Ina row, she's in a funk.
jacksupporter1
All great shooters get into a slump on occasion -
TallTexan
jacksupporter1 said:

All great shooters get into a slump on occasion -
Well, hoping she breaks out of it on Wednesday.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Banfield continues to be 0 for February. Her two tonight weren't even close.
TallTexan
Banfield ends the drought!
TallTexan
There's a group of five 10 year olds who are heckling the refs.

Put them in purple haze.
SFAJack_76
Out rebounded 21-11.
TallTexan
Also a sorority who filled up nearly a 3rd of one of the corner section on their own.

Wish we could get frats and sororities out every week.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

Out rebounded 21-11.

I'm surprised we had 11 at that point. Felt like it was 21-0.
TallTexan
TallTexan
No one loves Nac as much as the Latexo cheer team.

They're here every year.
SFAJack_76
Very nice third quarter. Ladyjack defense set the tone. Finish.
SFAJack_76
Really good second half by the Ladyjacks to win by 23, after beating them by 22 at their place. Although Corpus has eight seniors, our depth is much better.

Banfield took a hard fall on what was called a blocking foul. Left the court holding her left arm. I know she was taken for X-rays.

Ladyjacks now with a one game lead over Sam. Corpus and ACU 1.5 games back. Next game is In a week on the road at 7-7 UCA.
SFAJack_76
Announced attendance of 932. Back out the sorority there for pink out, band, cheerleaders, and dance team, I bet there was less than 200 students. Every other SLC woman's team would be tickled with attendance of nearly 1,000. But, we aren't every other SLC team.
nacluth
Great job Ladyjacks for being the first to clinch a Katy berth! SFA leads the way.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

Announced attendance of 932. Back out the sorority there for pink out, band, cheerleaders, and dance team, I bet there was less than 200 students. Every other SLC woman's team would be tickled with attendance of nearly 1,000. But, we aren't every other SLC team.

Decently loud crowd for the size but we should be hitting 2k for women's home games minimum.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan
I want two tourney teams this year.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

Really good second half by the Ladyjacks to win by 23, after beating them by 22 at their place. Although Corpus has eight seniors, our depth is much better.

Banfield took a hard fall on what was called a blocking foul. Left the court holding her left arm. I know she was taken for X-rays.

Ladyjacks now with a one game lead over Sam. Corpus and ACU 1.5 games back. Next game is In a week on the road at 7-7 UCA.

Heard it was a break. Out for the season?
TallTexan
I'd move this over to the Premium until we hear confirmation one way or another from the team.
SFAJack_76
The 20-4 Ladyjacks take a workman (workwoman?) like win in Conway by 58-37 without starting PG Marissa Banfield. Bri Mitchell got the start in her place and did fine. Bri is not the scoring threat that Marissa is, but I will take no turnovers in 23 minutes by my PG. Noelle Yancy had the other 17 minutes. Also, not much of a scoring threat, but only one turnover. Aiyana Johnson with the double double. Visscher all over the box score as usual.

First place Ladyjacks continue the tough road trip at 8-7 UIW on Saturday, and 4-12 NSU on Wednesday.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

The 20-4 Ladyjacks take a workman (workwoman?) like win in Conway by 58-37 without starting PG Marissa Banfield. Bri Mitchell got the start in her place and did fine. Bri is not the scoring threat that Marissa is, but I will take no turnovers in 23 minutes by my PG. Noelle Yancy had the other 17 minutes. Also, not much of a scoring threat, but only one turnover. Aiyana Johnson with the double double. Visscher all over the box score as usual.

First place Ladyjacks continue the tough road trip at 8-7 UIW on Saturday, and 4-12 NSU on Wednesday.

Is Sat a double header?!
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Is Sat a double header?!
Yes. Ladyjacks tip 2:00. Lumberjacks follow.
Pilotgirl
Adjusting my travel plans!
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

Nice! Wish we could go.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

Pilotgirl said:

Nice! Wish we could go.
Since we are on the west side of Houston, we are just 2.5 hours away. Even closer than Nac! Trying to decide if I want to drive in tonight or tomorrow. Either way, I haven't been to SA in a while, so I am excited!
TallTexan
Really? I'd have guessed it was much further. Like 3.5
Pilotgirl
187 miles from Sugar Land to UIW. We will prob go early in the a.m. and there won't be any traffic

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.