2019-2020 Ladyjack Basketball

105,636 Views | 684 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Doing good.
Pilotgirl
Rev007
Nice addition! I love the height!
Pilotgirl
And experience! Excited to see her play !
SFAJack_76
I trust Kellogg and staff, so I suspect this she a good addition. However, note that the release refers to her 2017-2018 stats. Her 2018-2019 stats are not as good, averaging 4.4 points, and 4.0 rebounds per game. Shot 28.6% from three, and only 38.2% overall. A 6'4" girl in Juco should be able to fill the basket inside. She only played 16 minutes per game for an 8-17 team. Eight blocks total in 25 games. She started 13 games. It will be interesting to see what she brings to the team.

The other interesting aspect is that this signing completes the thirteen player roster. WBB is allowed 15 scholarships. For some reason, Kellogg chooses to not use all of the scholarships available to him. With the injuries last season, he was down to a very short bench at the end of the season. I was told by a reliable source that 15 are in his budget.
Pilotgirl
Yes...not filling all the scholarships baffles me too.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
Yes, her sophomore season stats are baffling to me, too. Wonder if there were injury issues. Maybe she'll give us some good minutes off the bench. Post players with some height are hard to find.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Good to see Marissa without that clunky knee brace.
SFAJack_76
Talent.
SFAJack_76
Looked at the FIBA U20 game results. Sweden is 0-2 with losses by the scores of 58-30, and 81-47. With their next game against Russia, they won't be advancing out of group. Visscher should be headed to Nacogdoches before long. Still, a good experience for her.

Shocking that the SFA media chose to not include game results in the story. No, not really. They are consistent.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Looked at the FIBA U20 game results. Sweden is 0-2 with losses by the scores of 58-30, and 81-47. With their next game against Russia, they won't be advancing out of group. Visscher should be headed to Nacogdoches before long. Still, a good experience for her.

Shocking that the SFA media chose to not include game results in the story. No, not really. They are consistent.

Team captain and led her team in scoring in both games. Not too shabby. She'll be ready come November.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Fun.
SFAJack_76
Finally releasing the Ladyjack schedule.
SFAJack_76
Home non-conference schedule includes a good one with UCF, and four others. Road schedule is solid.

CertifiedAxeman98
November 9th is going to be a full day in Nac for me and the family. Flag football in the morning, drive 3 hours to Nac. Watch as much of the Ladyjacks basketball game as I can (probably just the second half), Football game at 3 and Men's basketball TBA. drive 3 hours back and crash.

Looking forward to this road trip with the family. #AxeEm
SFAJack_76
This doesn't get enough attention.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Yep Cert it's going to be an SFA buffet on the 9th. Women's game at 11am....football at 3pm and guessing MBB will be around 7:30 after football. Be driving up on Friday to prepare for all that action.
Pilotgirl
Sounds like a plan! Count me in to be there too.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

For males only?? Tying to get the ladies use to a more physical style of play, perhaps?
nacluth
Wild. If I was 20 years younger...
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

For males only?? Tying to get the ladies use to a more physical style of play, perhaps?
I think this is what they have been doing for years. Fairly common.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I think this is what they have been doing for years. Fairly common.
Thanks.
SFAJack_76
Second place, and nobody on the preseason all conference list.
Pilotgirl
BOOOOO!
SFAJack_76
ACUCattitude
I'm glad to see the Sawmill talking about WBB. Should be a great season and I always enjoy following the LadyJacks and the other teams playing for second place behind the Wildcats. :-)

With the coach out at Lamar and their best returning player transferring to UH, the SLC landscape has changed. ACU and Corpus return a lot of players from the tournament finalists (ACU has no freshman class) and Sam Houston brings in six transfers.

Another big change is the new 20 game schedule from 18 games previously. That should really help the teams at the top - a road upset won't hurt tournament seeding as much.

Good luck and good health this season. See you in Nac Jan 29 and A-town Mar 3. Hopefully the tourney finals.

Come on over to ACU Cat Chat. Lots to talk about.

CertifiedAxeman98
I have been looking at the basketball schedules and I'm torn on where I should go December 18th. The women play HBU in Houston and the men play them in Nac. Trying to decide if I should leave work early and drive to Nac or stay in the Houston area and watch the women play. May be a game day decision based how things are going at work.
BigJack85
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

I have been looking at the basketball schedules and I'm torn on where I should go December 18th. The women play HBU in Houston and the men play them in Nac. Trying to decide if I should leave work early and drive to Nac or stay in the Houston area and watch the women play. May be a game day decision based how things are going at work.

I'm with you certified Right now I'm leaning Houston , watching the Ladyjacks.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Pilotgirl
I'm going to stay and support the LadyJacks. So many less go to their games anyway, I imagine out of town is even smaller.
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

I'm going to stay and support the LadyJacks. So many less go to their games anyway, I imagine out of town is even smaller.

See if yall can get a good group together for the weeknight away game. 25 Jacks in HBU's gym could be a home court advantage.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.