2019-2020 Ladyjack Basketball

105,944 Views | 684 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Pilotgirl
Ljacks&Longnecks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Missing so many layups is inexcusable but there seems to be more problems with this team. Don't know if its chemistry or what but winning record aside, they just haven't looked good many times this year IMO.
nacluth
Yep it was ugly especially without Visscher and Harris in. But, this team doesn't have the tightness they had last year, and I'll lay it at the point guard position. I don't know what's going on with Bri, but last year she showed she should be the starter. No answers here, but when our point struggles, the whole team struggles.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Agree about Bri. She's a better PG than Banfield, and yet she barely saw the court. I wonder if something is going on behind the scenes.
nacluth
Yeah, something is going on whether injury or life stuff. I don't know nor would I speculate, but I hope she's able to return to her previous strength.
SFAJack_76
I am not quite as sold on Bri as the primary PG as you guys, but I would like to see her getting more playing time than 10 minutes per game. She averaged about 19 minutes last season as a true freshman. I know she had some sort of injury at the beginning of the season. I don't know if that is still lingering. Bri is a much better on ball defender than Banfield. A 0.78 assist to turnover ration like Banfield has, is not okay for a point guard. Bri has a very solid 1.2 ratio. Visscher has a 1.5 ratio in case you were wondering.

Although she is a true freshman, I see Zya as a future outstanding PG. She has to reduce her turnovers which frequently come from trying to do something that is not there.
nacluth
Agree that Zya has the ability to transition to point though I like her as a strong two. She's good at driving and decent at outside shooting. Yancy has impressed me with her limited time. I think she could at least equal Banfield in distribution ability. I wish we could have kept Hamling to balance our guards defensively, but I think Hutchinson and our freshmen are going to develop nicely.
SFAJack_76
Some comments from Kellogg at the luncheon today.

The UNO loss was painful. They all watched the complete game today. Simply did not play good. Nobody. Sent a number of referee errors to the SLC including a travel on the final shot. Not using that as an excuse, but it was a factor. We had six girls with two fouls at the half. Six fourth quarter turnovers was a killer.

Mayfield was 16-23 on threes before going 0-7 on Saturday. She is shooting over 40% at home, and something like 18% on the road. Sports psychologist anyone?

ACU will be tough. They are one of the top four teams in the conference. They also are coming off an unexpected loss to SLU. This game is now more important to both teams. "First to 50 wins."

Kellogg still really likes this team. Harris and Harvey are still working their way back from injury last season. Visscher has a chance to be one of the best Ladyjacks ever. Aiyana Johnson can be special. Props to her for making the two fee throws down by two at the end of the game, when that is not something she does well. He wants to get Zya more minutes. I asked him about Bri. Her injury at the start of the season was a shoulder. That may be some of her subpar performance, but that does not explain it all. They need her to get back to her level last season. "We need another point guard."
nacluth
Thanks for the update. As I mentioned at the time, one of the UNO guards double dribbled almost every time she had the ball. Never called. It was a rough day for those refs. However, we played like trash. It was a poor poor performance. Honestly, I have real doubts about this season now. I think we can get it together, but Saturday was not good.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Thanks for the update. As I mentioned at the time, one of the UNO guards double dribbled almost every time she had the ball. Never called. It was a rough day for those refs. However, we played like trash. It was a poor poor performance. Honestly, I have real doubts about this season now. I think we can get it together, but Saturday was not good.
I share your concerns. There is still a long way to go, but I think Wednesday will tell us a lot about this team. How do they rebound from a bad loss against a solid, well coached, team on the road.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Harris and Harvey are still working their way back from injury last season.

Harvey was a much better player as a freshman and soph than she is now. I thought she was going to be a good Big. But now I see almost no aggressiveness from her and an inability to take advantage of her height in most situations. She seems to always play too far from the basket.

And we definitely need a pure PG. Banfield isn't one.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Ladyjacks up 29-19 at the half.
nacluth
Ladies handled their business 66-44. Nice rebound from Saturday.
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl
Watching the Ladies tonight on ESPN3 because I refuse to pay more money for crap video feeds.
Pilotgirl
Complete domination by the Ladyjacks. 8:20 in 2nd qtr. Jacks 33, UCA 8.
nacluth
Just killing it.
Pilotgirl
52-20 at the half
Pilotgirl
74-24....14 threes made...broke a record with that one!
Pilotgirl
102 to 41 !!!!!!!! #AxedEm
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

102 to 41 !!!!!!!! #AxedEm

That's a beat down.
djsfw57
Wow the Ladyjacks looked AWESOME tonight! That's the way to put a beat-down on a team.
SFA, Class of 1979
SFAJack_76
When did Harvey become a three point shooter? What a bonus.
nacluth
Frisbee dogs are always a great halftime.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

Frisbee dogs are always a great halftime.

Not to be dramatic, but I would do anything for those dogs. We don't deserve dogs
nacluth
True. But maybe we need them.
nacluth
Girls cleaning up this game. I guess you can't win them all by 60. Sometimes 25ish has to do.
SFAJack_76

SFAJack_76
Lousy weather. Pitiful crowd. Band and cheerleaders make up about half of the crowd.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

Lousy weather. Pitiful crowd. Band and cheerleaders make up about half of the crowd.

Weather is awful here in Houston. Been raining all day and then the wind picked up around 3ish. It is stay at home weather for sure. But I was out in it all day (and now I am congested). Booooo
SFAJack_76
20-10 Q1. Ladyjacks are playing good. NSU is not good.
nacluth
SFAJack_76 said:

20-10 Q1. Ladyjacks are playing good. NSU is not good.
Lumberjacks up 20-6 after 8. Good balance for SFA tonight.
Pilotgirl
40 to 12 at the half. We are on fire again.
SFAJack_76
41-12 actually. No doubt the loss to UNO got these girls fired up. Our defense is outstanding. Eight steals in the half.
SFAJack_76
66-26 after three.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.