2019-2020 Ladyjack Basketball

105,807 Views | 684 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Pilotgirl
Ljacks&Longnecks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wow, what a 1st qtr at ACU. ACU leads 26-20...they hit their first 8 shots. Ladyjacks started coming back when Banfield returned to action for the first time since injury. She hit 2 threes to get us back in it. Then one of ACUs starters picked up a technical on top of 2 personals to send her to the bench. Lot of action.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Minute + into 2nd qtr and ACU already has 6 threes.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Half ACU up 43-39. Nice 3 ball by Nugent to cut it to 4.
ACU has 9 threes.....Ladyjacks staying in it at the FT line something like 13-16 give or take one.
Very much in it, need to somehow tighten down the defense.
Pilotgirl
This flagrant call on Johnson is ridic
Ljacks&Longnecks
Not a good start to 3rd qtr. Missed the play on which we got called for a flagrant. ACU up 11.
Visscher only 4 pts thus far.
Ljacks&Longnecks
There are numerous bats flying around inside the ACU fieldhouse, camera caught a group of them. Meanwhile it looks like it's just not SFAs night down 13 with under 5 to go 3rd qtr.
djsfw57
We look awful. Can't seem to make anything work right. Definitely aren't playing defense. When I was a student at SFA, the Ladyjacks were famous for their suffocating defense. Too bad they don't do that any more.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Just overall bad defense by SFA. Can't put a positive spin on it.
SFA Jack Fanatic
This team can look unbeatable one week and just god awful the next. No consistency at all. When Visscher doesn't score the Ladyjacks lose .. every time.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Have to agree, consistency is not something the girls have shown. Give ACU credit, they are shooting lights out esp from 3 pt range......but we look disjointed and not all together. Another game to be left behind and REALLY need to focus on what's to come at Katy.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Wow, total meltdown and butt whooping. SO much work to do in the next week plus....
BigJack85
Absolute wipe out.
TallTexan
9 threes for Golightly.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I'm thinking that these Ladyjacks are a year away from making the NCAA tournament. If they play like this in Katy then anyone can beat them. Anyone.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I'm thinking that these Ladyjacks are a year away from making the NCAA tournament. If they play like this in Katy then anyone can beat them. Anyone.
13-1 at home. 8-5 away. Katy?
SFAJack_76
Corpus with three losses. ACU, Sam, and us with four losses. Corpus is at Sam tonight. I hate pulling for Sam in anything, but this has to be an exception.

Saturday, ACU finishes at tough UIW. Corpus has a walk at home against inept HBU. And, we all know where Sam is on Saturday.

An SLC championship, in spite of that poor outing last night, is still possible, but Sam needs to win tonight.
SFAJack_76
Of course, Sam lays an egg losing 60-45. Barring a miracle Saturday, A&M Corpus will win conference with three losses, including two to SFA by a total of 32 points. With one to go, we are tied for second with ACU.
Pilotgirl
Wow. Corpus does not impress me at all.
Pilotgirl
I think the Ladies winner (in Katy) is a gamble...each team has had its ups and downs. It could be any of 4 or 5 teams
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

I think the Ladies winner (in Katy) is a gamble...each team has had its ups and downs. It could be any of 4 or 5 teams
Agree.
djsfw57
For those who may not know this, the head coach at Corpus is former Ladyjack head coach Royce Chadwick. He was a damn fine coach and had tremendous success here. He is also a class act. I have a lot of respect for him.
SFAJack_76
I think this says that, assuming Corpus beats HBU, win Saturday and we are the two, lose and we are the four. Really need to be Sam.
nacluth
Maybe a little refinement:
1.)Corpus lose, we win - we're champs.
2.)We win, they win - we're #2.
3.)We lose - we're #4.

But you're right, hard to believe Corpus loses to HBU.
Pilotgirl
I will take that #2 spot at this point. I like our matchup with Corpus. We think things are crazy on the men's side....the women's tournament is the one where there is no predictable winner at this point. It will all come down to who wants it bad enough.
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

I will take that #2 spot at this point. I like our matchup with Corpus. We think things are crazy on the men's side....the women's tournament is the one where there is no predictable winner at this point. It will all come down to who wants it bad enough.
Agree. We need a big, loud SFA crowd to make them feel like they are in WRJ.
SFAJack_76
Unfortunately, expected poor crowd.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

Unfortunately, expected poor crowd.

UUUUUUGGGGGGHHHH.
SFAJack_76
Nine possessions at the first media. Only taken four shots. Shoot the ball!

Harvey with two fouls. She will be done for the half
Pilotgirl
Flagrant! It should be
RedRiverLa
Pilotgirl said:

Flagrant! It should be

Sadly, the refs are not calling anything, so they are, once again, going to get a player hurt.
Pilotgirl
Took them 9 years!!
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

Took them 9 years!!

That was insane.
SFAJack_76
Corpus beats HBU to finish 17-3.
SFAJack_76
Every game I think these refs are the worst. Then the next game happens.
RedRiverLa
Pilotgirl said:

Took them 9 years!!

With these refs and daylight savings time, I feel like I'm going to lose two hours tonight instead of one.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.