2019-2020 Ladyjack Basketball

105,822 Views | 684 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BigJack85 said:

Just as important, I think it will really help the women's program get over the top. We've fiddled around the past 10-15 years with a women's program that has performed below the standard set in the 70's, 80's and 90's.
I believe we can, and will do better, but women's basketball was entirely different in the '70's, and to a degree the '80's. The first NCAA championship was in 1982. Other than a few such as UT, Tennessee, and USC, the major programs did little to pursue excellence in women's sports until the '90's.

SFA , thanks largely to Sue Gunter, was an early adaptor. Gary Blair built on that foundation. They both went to P5 schools as the landscape changed. It takes an entirely different level of investment to be competitive today than it did 30-45 years ago. The Basketball Performance Center moves us in the right direction. To be a top 25 team again on any consistent basis, additional financial support for salaries, etc. will be required.
BigJack85
Acutely aware of the painful changes..... every college program pouring money into WBB. I'm just shocked that we have struggled to win a conference title in the past 10 or more years. I'm not saying we should win every year but it has been a while.
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

Acutely aware of the painful changes..... every college program pouring money into WBB. I'm just shocked that we have struggled to win a conference title in the past 10 or more years. I'm not saying we should win every year but it has been a while.
We should dominate the SLC. We did win the conference championship in 2010, 2014, and 2015. Fell short in the tournament each of those three years.
Pilotgirl
ACU dominating SAM right now...
nacluth
Excellent...
Pilotgirl
Acu 51, Sam 31 at the half
nacluth
Nice win tonight on the road to get back into first. Tough games ahead. Two of the next three games are to teams the Ladyjacks lost to the first time around.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Let's do this today vs Lamar.
nacluth
Thin crowd to start. Hopefully it grows.

Nice three to start! Banfield looking better but not playing today. Make that two threes!
Ljacks&Longnecks
Purple Haze on their feet making some noise
Good sign
Ljacks&Longnecks
Good 1st qtr up 20-10
nacluth
Lamar is starting to up their physicality some, but their offense is not real crisp.
Pilotgirl
We are playing much better than last weekend at UIW
nacluth
Perimeter game is definitely on point. Bri is handling the point well, but she doesn't direct offense.
SFAJack_76
Being out rebounded 15-7.
nacluth

Men's squad in uniform watching the women. Kevon's repping the Celtics, Solomon Houston, Gavin Yankees.
nacluth
Refs just swallowed their whistles that last minute.
nacluth
Decent half 33-27. Would like to see them stretch it in the third.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Turning into a dogfight and the usual poor SLC refs. A few loud Lamar fans up behind me making some noise
SFA Jack Fanatic
#5 for Lamar (Vidal) is a good one. All-Conference material. We couldn't stop her in Beaumont and not doing much better today.
nacluth
Rapper for halftime performance. That's an interesting change of pace. It's got to be tough to try to play to this huge room as one guy.
RedRiverLa
nacluth said:

Rapper for halftime performance. That's an interesting change of pace. It's got to be tough to try to play to this huge room as one guy.

Wonder if he's back for the boys game. Not your typical rap crowd here for the girls game
RedRiverLa
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

#5 for Lamar (Vidal) is a good one. All-Conference material. We couldn't stop her in Beaumont and not doing much better today.

You're so right. Stop her we stop Lamar. Easier said than done.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

Much better than the poor girl who was trying to sing country at UIW
Ljacks&Longnecks
Got that right Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76
Visscher!!!!
Ljacks&Longnecks
Vissher leads the way today. 22 pts after 3 qtrs.
SFA Jack Fanatic
What is her career high?
nacluth
Sat down to talk to Pilotgirl and the score went from an 8 point lead to 18. Guess I know what to do in Katy.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Zya has never seen a shot she didn't like.
SFA Jack Fanatic
The radio announcer has the coolest haircut... Looks like something from The Hunger Games.
nacluth
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Zya has never seen a shot she didn't like.
17 points so far. Surely close to her career best.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

Sat down to talk to Pilotgirl and the score went from an 8 point lead to 18. Guess I know what to do in Katy.

This is true..Sawmillers gotta stick together for out of town games for sure!
nacluth
Ladyjacks want that double bye. Can't clinch it until Wednesday, but a good showing today with a side of revenge.
SFAJack_76

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.