2019-2020 Ladyjack Basketball

105,881 Views | 684 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Pilotgirl
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is there a reason Aaliyah didn't see many minutes? I wasn't a huge fan of the lineup we ran out in the 4th.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

Is there a reason Aaliyah didn't see many minutes? I wasn't a huge fan of the lineup we ran out in the 4th.
Aaliyah played 26 minutes. Only Kennedy, Marissa, and Stephanie played more. Perhaps you are thinking about Aiyana? She played 14 minutes.
TallTexan
Yep sorry, flipped them in my head. Was surprised younger sister didn't play more, especially in crunch time.
TallTexan
Anybody know TV info for Women's game tomorrow?
nacluth
Oklahoma people. It's a big game shown on Fox Sports Go app. 11:00. My app says it should be on FSSW.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

Fox Sports Oklahoma.
TallTexan
Dang it. I don't think dish has Fox Sports regionals back yet.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

TallTexan said:

Fox Sports Oklahoma.
It should be on FSSW, too. My Direct TV guide shows it there for 11:00 a.m. tomorrow morning.
SFA Jack Fanatic
OU is 3 for 3 from three in the early going. And SFA turning it over. Not a good start.
SFA Jack Fanatic
19-2 halfway through the first. This is ugly.
SFA Jack Fanatic
28-12 after one. OU with five threes. SFA with poor shooting. SFA getting out-hustled, too. Not a good combination.
TallTexan
Lol pretty sure that ref with the blond ponytail is the same one from Saturday.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Banfield can't hit the side of a barn today.
TallTexan
I figured OU would be a lot taller than us. They're not, but dang they're a good shooting team.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Well, some good Pizza Hut commercials today.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Hutchinson getting some floor time today.
nacluth
We're not a Big 12 team yet.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA 6-for-35. Awful.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

We're not a Big 12 team yet.
Ya think???
TallTexan
I hope SFA's tv broadcast crew is watching this camera work & taking notes.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

How are you watching, Texan? I thought your satellite company wasn't carrying it.
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

TallTexan said:

How are you watching, Texan? I thought your satellite company wasn't carrying it.
I didnt think they were. Couldn't stream FSSW a few weeks ago on my phone because they were still having contract disputes. Tried on my computer today, & it worked.

SFA Jack Fanatic
First half: A combination of fantastic shooting by OU and horrific shooting by SFA, even though Ladyjacks are getting wide-open looks and layups. 13% shooting. Just awful.

The Ladyjacks had better learn how to put the ball in the basket or else there's no way they're going to win the SLC. I picked them to win the conference, but I'm beginning to waver on that prediction. They have not looked good in any of their games so far.
TallTexan
Why do field trip game announcers act like they've never been around kids before?
TallTexan
SFA outscores Sooners 21-14 in the 3rd.

4 more quarters & we'll smoke them.
SFA Jack Fanatic
The offense has picked up but the defense has allowed layup after layup... Geez Louise...
TallTexan
Down to 14. Ladyjacks winning the 2nd half.
SFA Jack Fanatic
75-62. Not really that close.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I didn't get to see the game, so unfair for me to comment much. The stats imply that the score is about right, perhaps a little close. OU played eight girls double digit minutes, as did we, so it isn't like they ran the last five out in the fourth quarter.

Harvey going 28 minutes and getting eight rebounds is encouraging. We need Mitchell to get healthy. Banfield is struggling. 0-8, one assist, two turnovers in 22 minutes. Nobody wins with those numbers from your PG. Our freshmen guards are just not ready for D1 yet.
TallTexan
2nd half was a much better result for SFA than the first.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I didn't get to see the game, so unfair for me to comment much. The stats imply that the score is about right, perhaps a little close. OU played eight girls double digit minutes, as did we, so it isn't like they ran the last five out in the fourth quarter.

Harvey going 28 minutes and getting eight rebounds is encouraging. We need Mitchell to get healthy. Banfield is struggling. 0-8, one assist, two turnovers in 22 minutes. Nobody wins with those numbers from your PG. Our freshmen guards are just not ready for D1 yet.

You're giving them way too much credit. It was not close at all. A downright embarrassment. We were behind by 25 or more (31 at one point) much of the 2nd half. Banfield was terrible - couldn't hit the ocean with a rock. The only ones who played decently were Harris, Yancy, and Visscher. Everyone else pretty much stunk up the place. I hate to be so negative on the Ladyjacks but it was what it was... A terrible performance.
SFAJack_76
I'll bite. How did "terrible" outscore OU 44-29 in the second half? In the second half, we shot 50%; 44% from three. We had 18 turnovers to their 21 for the game. We led in steals 9-7. We were out-rebounded 50-43.

I agree Banfield was bad and said so. I said she was bad against UCF, although she shot decent.

The first half was terrible. The second half appears to have been respectable.

Again, I didn't see the game. Just reading the stats.
cboothe09
I thought Oklahoma let off the gas in the second half, but shooting percentages by quarter tell a slightly different story...Minutes show that Oklahoma didn't dive deep into the bench. Their starters all put in a lot of time.

1st Quarter:
FG SFA - 25% OU - 52.4%
3PT SFA - 20% OU - 55.6%

2nd Quarter:
FG SFA - 11.8% OU - 42.9%
3PT SFA 0% OU 66%

3rd Quarter:
FG SFA - 42.1% OU - 35.3%
3PT SFA - 40% OU - 14.3%

4th Quarter:
FG SFA - 58.8% OU - 35%
3PT SFA - 50% OU - 0%

Overall
FG SFA - 34.2% OU - 41.7%
3PT SFA - 24% OU 36.4%
BigJack85
I don't necessarily buy into the thought that we can only concentrate (as a athletic department) on men's or women's basketball not both..... but it does seem like we just can't build that dominating team. Get back to winning the beleaguered SLC. To early to say but I wouldn't be surprised to see another 23 win season finishing 2nd - 4th losing in the semifinals. Just falling a bit short.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFA Jack Fanatic
Let's not forget about our Ladyjacks as they will play UC-Santa Barbara in the Nugget Tournament in Reno tomorrow evening.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.