2019-2020 Ladyjack Basketball

106,702 Views | 684 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Pilotgirl
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LSU-S scores one three that quarter. 21-3 since I got here. The last four minutes we could do whatever we wanted. The Pilots are tired from all this flying around.
nacluth
Pretty workman fashion the last quarter to wrap it up.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ladyjacks 4-23 from three. That won't get it done against a decent opponent in league play.
SFAJack_76
Our very first possession, I told my wife that we looked sluggish. Most of the first half, they played that way. Aiyana Johnson, appropriately, was the player of the game with her double double. She had it before the end of the third quarter. The second half, we out scored them 45-13. They ran out of gas and we stepped up. Visscher changed the dynamics of the game in Q3, on both ends of the floor. It doesn't all show in the stats, but she was active and everywhere. Alyssa Mayfield is earning more PT. Ten points and 7 rebounds in 17 minutes.

Free throws ; 11-18, bad.
Threes ; 4-28, horrible.
21 assists on 30 made shots, really good.
Only 10 turnovers, very good. Turned them over 28 times.
Points in the paint; 52-10.
Ten of the 11 in uniform played double digit minutes. The eleventh, Hutchinson, played eight.

I have rarely seen Kellogg and staff as frustrated with the team as they were in this game. We will do better starting Wednesday.

SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Just got here at half. Looks like we're not quite hitting 400 people. This is about as light as it gets.
Announced attendance was 623. Obviously included cheerleaders, dance team, radio guy, concession stand, and the guy cleaning up after the game.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ladyjacks travel to H-Town to take on HBU tomorrow. HBU went to Lubbock Sunday and gave undefeated Tech a bit of a scare, losing only 59-51. The Ladies had better not be looking past this one.
SFAJack_76
HBU is a really bad shooting team. .366 overall. .231 on threes. .645 from the free throw line. Turning the ball over about 20 times per game, with a bad assist to turnover ratio of 0.4. Interesting that 13 of the 14 girls that have played have started one or more games. Clearly searching for a starting five.

Attendance will be almost none. Betting that PilotGirl can make more noise than the HBU "fans." Particularly if she has V with her.

Ladyjacks will have to shoot better than they did against LSU-S, but this should be a win.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

HBU is a really bad shooting team. .366 overall. .231 on threes. .645 from the free throw line. Turning the ball over about 20 times per game, with a bad assist to turnover ratio of 0.4. Interesting that 13 of the 14 girls that have played have started one or more games. Clearly searching for a starting five.

Attendance will be almost none. Betting that PilotGirl can make more noise than the HBU "fans." Particularly if she has V with her.

Ladyjacks will have to shoot better than they did against LSU-S, but this should be a win.

After reading this, I'm wondering how they hung with Tech.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

100% accurate. We are ready to make ALL the loud noise in the Junior High gym!
TallTexan
You, V, & Chaunsea are like the 3 musketeers of home court advantage.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFAJack_76 said:

After reading this, I'm wondering how they hung with Tech.
Although Tech is undefeated, they really haven't played anybody. Beyond that, it is hard to tell much from the box score.
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

You, V, & Chaunsea are like the 3 musketeers of home court advantage.
All for SFA and SFA for All!
Pilotgirl
Alright... y'all take care of 59 North and V and I got South 59 covered!
nacluth
Looks like a similar game for men and women.
Pilotgirl
HBU pg is their star. Horrible passing. We are playing good D..had some TOs that were uncalled for....oh, and some refs staight outta www.BecomeARef.com

End of 1st....US 24. THEM 15
Pilotgirl
Playing a lot of the bench 2nd qtr. Harris and Banfield got a big rest. Back in now to close out the half.
Pilotgirl
36 to 22 at the half. SFA
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

36 to 22 at the half. SFA

Sweet!
TallTexan
How's the crowd at the Jr High?
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

How's the crowd at the Jr High?

Equal amount of fans from both sides...some HS kids showing up for us (prolly know some of our players)
Pilotgirl
51 to 29 end of 3rd
SFAJack_76
Looks like you and V are doing a fine job down south.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

Looks like you and V are doing a fine job down south.

Doing our best!
Pilotgirl
Update: this pitiful court/gym-esque space...has an indentation in it right under one of the goals. Thought it was my imagination but V saw it too.
Pilotgirl
Update: pretty sure the gym floor is warped.
Pilotgirl
Dominating win by our Ladies...even with the big TOs...gotta clean them up when we play a better opponent BUT our D stepped up!
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

They should move their games to a HS until they fix it. That way when the guys come, we can bring more than a dozen fans.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

Pilotgirl said:

They should move their games to a HS until they fix it. That way when the guys come, we can bring more than a dozen fans.

Nah. When I've gone there for Jack games it has reminded me of my glory days playing 7th grade hoops, except that the gym is smaller and has fewer urinals.
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

TallTexan said:

Pilotgirl said:

Nah. When I've gone there for Jack games it has reminded me of my glory days playing 7th grade hoops, except that the gym is smaller and has fewer urinals.
Back when they still used peach baskets for rims?
SFAJack_76
7-2 (1-0) Ladyjacks take on 3-6 (0-0) McNeese at home at 2:00 on Saturday. There is one common opponent:

SFA 75
LSU-S 32

McNeese 81
LSU-S 77

They have lost their leading scorer through the first eight games at 12.3 ppg to knee surgery. 5'8" senior guard Regan Bolton is next at 10.9 ppg. She is shooting 31% from three. The team is shooting 38%, 29% from three, and 67% from the FT line. They turn the ball over about 19 times per game. 0.8 assist to turnover ratio.

This should be a fairly comfortable win for the Ladyjacks. Hoping for a respectable crowd.
nacluth
Nice preview 76. I'll be there to pump up the crowd.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Gonna re-enact the Zooperstars?
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

nacluth said:

Gonna re-enact the Zooperstars?

I'd pay good money to see that.
SFAJack_76
Ladyjacks 48.
SFAJack_76
Down 6-5 at the first media. McNeese is running a full court press. We are breaking it fine, then throwing the ball away.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.