2024 SEASON

61,805 Views | 506 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by SFAJack_76
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
QB: #15 SAM VIDLAK 6-1; 207 (JR.)
G:11;ATT103;CMP:67;CMP%:65.0;YDS:660;TD:3;INT:4;/R:0;YDS:0;TD:0
QB: #19 KAHLIQ PAULETTE 6-1; 185 (JR.)
G:12;ATT:58;CMP:26;CMP%:45.0;YDS:261;TD:2;INT:1;/R:37;YDS:161;TD:1
QB: #12 DALTON MCELYEA 6-3; 196 (JR.)
G:3;ATT:0;CMP:0;CMP%:0.0;YDS:0;TD:0;INT:0;/R:2;YDS:21;TD:1
QB: #13 GAVIN RUTHERFORD 6-3; 210 (R/FR.)
G:0;ATT:0;CMP:0;CMP%:0.0;YDS:0;TD:0;INT:0;/R:0;YDS:0;TD:0
QB: #17 LUKE ULLRICH 5-10; 190 (FR.)
QB: #18 DREW WENDEL 6-2; 195 (FR.)
BigJack85
Is anyone knowledgeable of any tailgating or fan get together for the SFA @ McNeese game. I'm probably going to go. Bring my tent etc.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
nacluth
SFA opponent ACU is in OT 45-45 in Lubbock against Texas Tech in their opening game.

Edit: they lost after scoring stage touchdown but didn't get the 2 point conversion. They didn't have to go for it, but on the road tried to end it. 52-51 TTU.
SFASawmillGuy
nacluth said:

SFA opponent ACU is in OT 45-45 in Lubbock against Texas Tech in their opening game.

Edit: they lost after scoring stage touchdown but didn't get the 2 point conversion. They didn't have to go for it, but on the road tried to end it. 52-51 TTU.

Game gave me the exact same vibes when we played them in 2021. Texas Tech lately has really been overlooking their FCS foes it feels like. No doubt their coach is on the hot seat after a disappointing last season(blowout loss to Texas) and nearly dropping one to ACU.

I remember after we nearly beat them there were rumors on x(twitter) that Carthel was being looked at as a possible candidate there. That was of course after the really competitive 2020 basically FBS schedule and really solid 2021 season. We have to hope if we have a breakout year this season Tech doesn't take notice. I don't think Carthel would want to leave SFA, but going back to West Texas where he has all his ties would be hard to resist.
SFAXE93
Tech was a 31.5 point favorite

o/u 57.5

AxeEm99
This could indeed be a more interesting season then last year in the WAC.... Lamar has apparently improved and almost knocked off Texas State last.night.
BigJack85
AxeEm99 said:

This could indeed be a more interesting season then last year in the WAC.... Lamar has apparently improved and almost knocked off Texas State last.night.

Watched some of that game. Lamar's LB's and DB's are for real.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
65tosspowertrap
BigJack85 said:

AxeEm99 said:

Guys, this is coming from an old Lumberjack who hopes he's dead wrong, but I cannot see our team doing better than 7-5 this year, heaven forbid 6-6. I just lack confidence in coaching staff, plus question mark at QB and totally retooled offensive line. That said, SFA could also go 9-2 with some breaks.

Please someone tell me how stupid I am...just don't insult my wife and kids...or my dogs.

Rooting from afar
C.M., class of '87
"Just keep matriculatin' the ball down the field boys!" — Hank Stram

https://youtu.be/MnPr1R_QlTM
Buckets
I'm not going to tell you that you're stupid, but I don't think anyone really knows what this team is or isn't. First game is what it is. I like that they played an extremely clean game, but I didn't learn a thing.

Honestly, I kinda like being in the dark about this team. The past two years got a little over-hyped, so maybe in the dark will be great!
Ljacks&Longnecks
No way to say yet 65. There has been no overhype as Buckets mentioned. Last years 3-8 failure really shutdown interest on this board and in the general SFA population. I'm sure there are a few on here and around Nac waiting to start in on Carthel if/when the losses start coming.

I think we have a really good corps of running backs. Picked up several D1 transfers--doesn't mean instant success but some of them will do a great job. Wide receivers somewhat a question mark but I imagine 2 or 3 will become go to guys.

Biggest question will be the O Line, Lack of experience for many, and to be successful, they need to gel quickly.
If the O line suffers a lot of injuries or fails in other ways then there will be no path to success.
Then the overall ability of our Defense. Must cut down the run of big plays that hurt us last year. Must have some stamina for the whole 60 minutes if our offense is going to be playing fast all game long.

We didn't learn anything about the team yet. UNT will be the real beginning of discovery.
If you expect to go to Denton and get a win--you will likely be disappointed.
If you expect the scoring explosion we saw last week every game--you will be disappointed.
UIW, Lamar and Nicholls will be very tough in the SLC. If anyone expects to win every game because we dropped from WAC back to SLC--then they are very unrealistic in their expectations.

I called 8-4 a month or two ago and I'll stand by it. We shall see.
TallTexan
I may have predicted we'd win every game handily. 17-0 I think I said.

So far so good.
SFASawmillGuy
TallTexan said:

I may have predicted we'd win every game handily. 17-0 I think I said.

So far so good.

I like the cut of your jib son.
SFAXE93
Lots of speed at WR

WR: #4 KYLON HARRIS 5-11; 160 (JR.)
WR: #18 JORDAN NABORS 5-11; 185 (SO.) Baylor
WR: #17 ROHAN FLUELLEN 5-11; 170 (R/FR.) TCU
WR: #7 BLAINE GREEN 6-1; 213 (SO.) Oklahoma State
SFA Jack Fanatic
65tosspowertrap said:

BigJack85 said:

AxeEm99 said:

Guys, this is coming from an old Lumberjack who hopes he's dead wrong, but I cannot see our team doing better than 7-5 this year, heaven forbid 6-6. I just lack confidence in coaching staff, plus question mark at QB and totally retooled offensive line. That said, SFA could also go 9-2 with some breaks.

Please someone tell me how stupid I am...just don't insult my wife and kids...or my dogs.

Rooting from afar
C.M., class of '87

Your dogs look like rejects from a puppy mill in Transylvania.
65tosspowertrap
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

65tosspowertrap said:

BigJack85 said:

AxeEm99 said:

Rooting from afar
C.M., class of '87

Your dogs look like rejects from a puppy mill in Transylvania.
I'll have you know that puppy mill had the highest Yelp ratings of any puppy mill I researched...so what if my Border Collie has a third eye...
"Just keep matriculatin' the ball down the field boys!" — Hank Stram

https://youtu.be/MnPr1R_QlTM
Laces Out Marino
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Biggest question will be the O Line, Lack of experience for many, and to be successful, they need to gel quickly.
If the O line suffers a lot of injuries or fails in other ways then there will be no path to success.

You hit the nail on the head. O-line is the biggest question mark. They looked good against an inferior opponent but how will they look against UNT's big boys. Going against Bobino in practice helps. He reminds me of #10 for them. Gonna be a test for the C & G's to get him moving the other direction. I thought the two transfer G's looked good in pass pro and when pulling on the counters. Feet looked pretty good. Didn't see any oversets or either getting out over their toes. Technique was solid across the entire OL. Now how does that look against an FBS front we shall see. I'm optimistic though. If we can stay disciplined up front and get on the block from the snap, that's half the battle. Our skill is good enough to make plays if we don't miss assignments.
SFAJack_76

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.