2024 SEASON

23,317 Views | 226 Replies | Last: 20 hrs ago by Jacks4460
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I assume they mean the points from extra point and field goal attempts.
SFAXE93

DL: IVAN JIMMY DUCKSWORTH 6-0; 245 Sugar Land, Texas (Fort Bend Christian)
Offers from SFA, UTRGV, HCU, Colorado State-Pueblo

- First Team All-State
- First Team All-District
- Houston TD Club Nominee
- TAPPS Football State Champions
- State Runner-up (Shot Put) 51' 0.25" (School Record)

TKL:64;TFL:13.0;SCK:9.0 (2023)
SFAXE93

WR: MITCHELL NUZIARD 5-8; 152 Mount Vernon, Texas (Mount Vernon) (4.4 spd.) (PWO)
Offer from HSU

REC:63;YDS:1,185;TD:13 (2023) 8 games
SFASawmillGuy
SFAXE93 said:

WR: MITCHELL NUZIARD 5-8; 152 Mount Vernon, Texas (Mount Vernon) (4.4 spd.) (PWO)
Offer from HSU

REC:63;YDS:1,185;TD:13 (2023) 8 games

Add about 30 pounds of muscle and that 4.4 speed can make him a dangerous return man.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

SFASawmillGuy said:

SFAXE93 said:

Every time I see these awesome scenic shots of the stadium I think two things.

1. Despite everything, the Piney Woods as a backdrop is the absolute best thing about our stadium.

2. Many, many ideas to make the stadium a top tier FCS/FBS ready stadium that wouldn't break the bank.

Curious what size bank this is that your ideas won't break. Right now, our bank is like a small, rural credit union.

My idea is buy Carthel a bulldozer and let him shave down the visitors side hill to de-stress.
SFASawmillGuy

Great interview with Colby Carthel where talks about the new Offense, recruiting, the NIL, and more.

He noted that the new offense will look a lot more like what we saw with Jeremy Moses. A bigger emphasis on the passing game and that it will be a fast paced up tempo offense.
BigJack85
SFASawmillGuy said:

Great interview with Colby Carthel where talks about the new Offense, recruiting, the NIL, and more.

He noted that the new offense will look a lot more like what we saw with Jeremy Moses. A bigger emphasis on the passing game and that it will be a fast paced up tempo offense.

Good stuff. Got to hear "unbridled" Carthel for 25 minutes. The Jeremy Moses offense has me intrigued.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93
Garrett Graf
https://gothunderwolves.com/news/2023/1/6/football-garrett-graf-named-co-offensive-coordinator-and-offensive-line-coach.aspx
Buckytaylor
Graf is coming from CSU Pueblo he was their co OC. Their DC is making a lot of noise recruiting and game leading and is a familiar name Caid Faske
SFAJack_76
Buckytaylor said:

Graf is coming from CSU Pueblo he was their co OC. Their DC is making a lot of noise recruiting and game leading and is a familiar name Caid Faske
The CSU Pueblo HC, Philip Vigil. Is also a former Carthel assistant.

The Lumberjack offensive line coach job was open because Mike Bangston is going to Sam.
Jacks4460
Folks just take our coaches... Carthel is well respected.. He is going to have to troops rallied this year.. The new blood will be good for everyone including him.. I know he is excited about our new OC.. I really like Coach Matt too..We got some speed at the WR...
SFAXE93
SFASawmillGuy

Another really good listen. The indoor training facility for football will be massive. Gonna be huge for recruiting. Hopefully actual stadium upgrades are also in the plans.
BigJack85
SFASawmillGuy said:

Another really good listen. The indoor training facility for football will be massive. Gonna be huge for recruiting. Hopefully actual stadium upgrades are also in the plans.

Ya. Just the tease. We've got basketball facilities right. Let's get football and volleyball some love.
SFAJack_76
An indoor practice facility would be for more than football. Essentially all outdoor sports would be able to utilize it.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

An indoor practice facility would be for more than football. Essentially all outdoor sports would be able to utilize it.

Ryan had talked about a public private partnership of sorts on an indoor facility.

Is that still the plan?
BigJack85
Public/Private Partnership. Does that mean we'd share the facility with NISD? Not sure how that would work.

If it's naming rights, then ok. If we have to schedule around local high schools……. Nyet.
TallTexan
Its what UT's Moody Center and Westlake's practice facility did from what I understand.

Short version is a private company builds and SFA would be guaranteed certain usage slots.

The company would then monetize those other slots.

So for UT, that's concerts, etc. For Westlake,they rent it out to other groups and for private training.

It may not work in the Nac market or SFA may pay a lease, etc, but I know it was mentioned at one point.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Ryan had talked about a public private partnership of sorts on an indoor facility.

Is that still the plan?
That was not part of any conversation about it that I had with him.
SFAXE93
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
SFASawmillGuy
SFAXE93 said:

Very excited to see the new look SFA offense in action!
SFAXE93
McFarland is back!

https://sfajacks.com/news/2024/3/26/football-former-sfa-head-coach-returns-to-the-lumberjacks
Ljacks&Longnecks
Well I suppose that's good....BUT I still remember him taking the head coach job in 05, looked like he had us turning a corner in 06 and then POOF was gone to a bigger school. Why take the head coach job if he was going to bail so quickly. As you can tell I still have a bit of a grudge about it.
I will though wish him success in helping out now.
SFAXE93
Can't turn down that Iowa State money and the Big 12.

Actually his longest tenure has been at SFA.

1992-1999 (OL Coach)
2005-2006 (Head Coach) only head coaching job, maybe he was not comfortable in that role.
2024 (OL Coach Assistant) will be 11th season at SFA

After that it's Louisiana Tech for 5 seasons.

Clemson, Notre Dame, Kent State, UCF, Iowa State, East Carolina, Louisiana Tech, lots of experience to share with our young SFA coaches, mainly our new OL coach.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

Can't turn down that Iowa State money and the Big 12.

Actually his longest tenure has been at SFA.

1992-1999 (OL Coach)
2005-2006 (Head Coach) only head coaching job, maybe he was not comfortable in that role.
2024 (OL Coach Assistant) will be 11th season at SFA

After that it's Louisiana Tech for 5 seasons.

Clemson, Notre Dame, Kent State, UCF, Iowa State, East Carolina, Louisiana Tech, lots of experience to share with our young SFA coaches, mainly our new OL coach.

This is a great add! TONS of experience coaching OL's all around the country. As you said, 93, he will be a great mentor for our new OL coach.

And he'll be a volunteer coach. Just wants to semi-retire amongst the Deep East Texas pines and lakes, I guess.
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
Wow, they got Midland coming to Nac for the Spring Game.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.