2020-2021 NCAA Basketball

65,130 Views | 498 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by nacluth
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I want Will in Nac so bad. One of my great regrets is I saw Coach K on campus when he'd first been hired and didn't get the chance to tell him about the kid in our youth group who was 6'8 and growing.

SFAJack_76
Not that he couldn't be successful, but his stat line as a freshman at UT last season was horrible. 23 games. 27.5% from the field. 15% threes. 33% free throws. 1.9 rebounds per game. 20 turnovers and 8 assists.
TallTexan
Yes he'd need some work, but the talent is there. He can hit 3s, despite that terrible %. With a coaching staff like ours he could be the next TJ Holyfield and we're going to need to replace some bigs too after this season.
BigJack85
TallTexan said:

Yes he'd need some work, but the talent is there. He can hit 3s, despite that terrible %. With a coaching staff like ours he could be the next TJ Holyfield and we're going to need to replace some bigs too after this season.

It would be interesting to have a true BIG man. I wonder how it would mesh with our pressing system.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Not that he couldn't be successful, but his stat line as a freshman at UT last season was horrible. 23 games. 27.5% from the field. 15% threes. 33% free throws. 1.9 rebounds per game. 20 turnovers and 8 assists.

With those stats, I don't think many schools with winning programs will be knocking down his door to get him.

And, with current players getting an extra year of eligibility, we don't even know how many scholarships we'll have.
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFAJack_76 said:

With those stats, I don't think many schools with winning programs will be knocking down his door to get him.

And, with current players getting an extra year of eligibility, we don't even know how many scholarships we'll have.

You are correct, Sir.
sfa17
BigJack85 said:

TallTexan said:

It would be interesting to have a true BIG man. I wonder how it would mesh with our pressing system.
What I heard is that he doesn't play like a big man bc his high school team was loaded, so he was playing more like SF at 7'0(ridiculous). Seven feet tall and can't play on the inside is a big problem and his stats reflect that. He should be getting easy buckets.

I would still love to have him. but I'm pretty sure UH,SMU or TCU will be certainly looking at him. Some P6 team will take a chance on him
TallTexan
He also wasn't 7 foot for a while. He was a 6'4 freshman when I met him. As a Soph he'd gotten much taller than me, around 6'9 and then went up from there fast.

I think he could play both inside & out with the right coaching staff and it'd help him if he wasn't having to hone those skills against NBA level bigs every day of the season.

I would certainly be interested to see how a true big would play in our system, but someone with the length to come back & block shots on backdoor cuts would be a nice one to try it out with, as well as some additional shooters on the offensive end.

Really cool kid. Great video creator too. He was majoring in Radio & TV at UT. He used to film church events and put out great promo videos for the youth group overnight. Super talented dude on & off the court.
sfa17
Yeah i agree, with the right coaching he can be really good.
SFAXE93
His best game was against TCU 26 minutes 8 of 12, 4 of 6 from 3, scored 20 points, 3 rebounds, with only 2 turnovers and 2 fouls.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan
That makes more sense in regards to the game the other day.

Saw he was trending and thought he'd transferred again.
Pilotgirl
This guy seems to have been around 6 years at this point AND he gets an extra year of eligibility this year (if he wants it)
SFA Jack Fanatic
Illinois State of the MVC had a fantastic first half against D-III Greenville University, scoring 83 points. So, how did they possibly top that in the second half? By scoring 94 in a 177-108 massacre. Illinois State had 10 players in double figures, led by 30 from a bench player. They shot 86.4% from the field, had 57 rebounds, 57 assists, 122 points in the paint, and 59 fast break points.

There are rumors that statisticians for both teams had to be rushed to a hospital and casts applied to their wrists immediately after the game.
PurpleOut
Staff
Greenville has give up 351 points in two games. They also lost 174-99 to Samford.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

Greenville has give up 351 points in two games. They also lost 174-99 to Samford.

I'm guessing that they don't run the old Dean Smith four corners offense.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Gotta be a record right?
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

SFA Jack Fanatic
After we waxed Letourneau by almost 50 the other night, Rice beat them by 20 today, 94-74.
Pilotgirl
Anybody else see that Mcneese MBB coach is gonna be their AD, too?
Pilotgirl
He's been interim but will be official in Jan:
https://mcneesesports.com/news/2020/12/3/football-heath-schroyer-named-permanent-athletics-director.aspx
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

Saw that. No idea how that works.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

Pilotgirl said:

Saw that. No idea how that works.
Serious question: How in the world does he have time to do BOTH jobs? Especially monetarily with COVID and the hurricane destruction? Short answer: He can't. Just not possible. Both of those positions will suffer because he won't be able to give 100% to either one.
nacluth
Gonzaga #1 will be playing #2 Baylor. CBS podcast says that Gonzaga is 2-9 all time against #1 or #2 teams. Baylor is 0-18. Here we are at 100% and more total wins than Baylor.
nacluth
Stanford can't play at home, so they are out in North Carolina looking for games for the next two weeks.

I like North Carolina.
PurpleOut
Staff
Tarleton almost beat A&M last night. Led at halftime and lost by 7.

Bogues started and was 5-7 from the field. Impressive.
SFAXE93

TEXAS A&M - TEXARKANA

Here is a new team to follow in the NAIA ranks.

The Eagles were 14-19; 7-11 in their inaugural season in the Red River Athletic Conference and just made the 6-team RRAC Tournament as the #6 seed advancing to the Championship game after upsetting top seed and #11 ranked LSU-Alexandria 77-68. They lost 75-79 to LSU-Shreveport in the Finals.

This team loves to let it fly as they were 6th in the nation with 3-pointers made (333) with guard Desmond Kennedy who was #2 ranked 3-point shooter in the nation earning himself All-American (HM) honors.

For the 2020-21 season the Eagles were picked second in the RRAC pre-season poll behind LSU-Shreveport.

Former Our Lady of the Lake University (109-42) a Sweet 16 appearance, 2 trips to the Elite Eight in the NAIA Tournament Ryan Wall is now the coach of the Eagles.

Texarkana is off to a 4-0 start this season and will get their first taste of Division I play Dec. 15th, as they take on Little Rock.
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SFA Jack Fanatic
On the way to up to Nac last week, I noticed a big A&M Texarkana recruitment billboard on I-69. Until then I didn't even know there was an A&M Texarkana.
SFAXE93
It used to be East Texas State University - Texarkana and it was established in 1971.

Later they joined the Texas A&M system in 1995 along with East Texas State University - Commerce.

I only know this because I was a student there from 1995 to 1996 when they were going through the transition, but I was at the old campus that was in town.

The new campus is outside town.

Plenty of room for expansion.

Men and Women's Basketball

baseball and softball.

Men and Women's Soccer

A real quality place of higher education and sports.

They have great sports coverage as well with Texarkana Game Day live streaming.
http://www.tamuteagles.com/index

I figure since we play everybody else in the Red River AC, it is only a matter of time before we see the Eagles at the Sawmill.
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
TallTexan
I really hate that UT & A&M renamed almost all the schools in their system.

I like the unique names, like East Texas State, Texas Western, etc.
BigJack85
SFAXE93 said:

It used to be East Texas State University - Texarkana and it was established in 1971.

Later they joined the Texas A&M system in 1995 along with East Texas State University - Commerce.

I only know this because I was a student there from 1995 to 1996 when they were going through the transition, but I was at the old campus that was in town.

The new campus is outside town.

Plenty of room for expansion.

Men and Women's Basketball

baseball and softball.

Men and Women's Soccer

A real quality place of higher education and sports.

They have great sports coverage as well with Texarkana Game Day live streaming.
http://www.tamuteagles.com/index

I figure since we play everybody else in the Red River AC, it is only a matter of time before we see the Eagles at the Sawmill.

I hope not.
Pilotgirl
Better BB facility than HBU...ask em if they want to join Southland next year
TallTexan
KState is currently getting run off the floor by a D2 Fort Hays State team.
sfa17
TallTexan said:

KState is currently getting run off the floor by a D2 Fort Hays State team.

The team they lost to is 0-3 in their own d2 conference
sfa17

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.