2020-2021 NCAA Basketball

65,236 Views | 498 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by nacluth
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As a UT fan, I felt like they were gonna lose from the 5 minute mark and under.

Shaka didn't just get outcoached, he didn't even show up.

ACU showed up & played their game on D to perfection, but man, Jericho Sims and Kai Jones, NBA level monsters and they made 7 FG between them.

Gavin has 18 two weeks ago.
nacluth
One 12, two 13's, a 14 and a 15. Not bad for the underdogs.

Now there is no way Oregon St. should be a 12. If you are in a power conference and you're bad, you should have to play in at an 11 or not make it. The 12 is total crap even if they won this game.
nacluth
I'll hand it to ACU for doing what needed to be done. They won their early season tournament games. They played consistent all year only dropping one head scratcher to UCA that cost them the season title.

They beat SFA away in a game that they probably should have lost, but they were clutch at the end and clinched the two seed with SFA's help against Sam. No team has ever won Katy without the double bye except Keller's 3 seed in 2018.

They played tough and physical for 40 full minutes without any let up. Texas never adjusted. Pleasant hit two huge shots. Shaka still just an ok coach.

How does a Southland team beat Shaka Smart and then go on to play UCLA again?
TallTexan
nacluth said:

I'll hand it to ACU for doing what needed to be done. They won their early season tournament games. They played consistent all year only dropping one head scratcher to UCA that cost them the season title.

They beat SFA away in a game that they probably should have lost, but they were clutch at the end and clinched the two seed with SFA's help against Sam. No team has ever won Katy without the double bye except Keller's 3 seed in 2018.

They played tough and physical for 40 full minutes without any let up. Texas never adjusted. Pleasant hit two huge shots. Shaka still just an ok coach.

How does a Southland team beat Shaka Smart and then go on to play UCLA again?

As Matt pointed out, this UCLA team isn't on the same level as the one we played and is gonna be on the 3rd game.

Pretty great luck for ACU.
No-look
This game was a little bit bitter sweet for me. I like Texas and any team that would represent our conference. The bitter part is that it should have us instead representing. ... I think I was pulling for Pleasant to make the free throws more than ACU winning. If he would have bricked them it would have been a bad memory for him to deal with.... now it's time for SFA to regain their rightful spot at the top.
wahlwesle
I'm happy for ACU. I usually like to root for the underdog, and in reality we need teams that play in our conference to have big wins like this. Not only does it create visibility for our conference, but it is ultimately required if we are ever going to increase our strength of schedule, seeding, and potentially have multiple bids. If all of our rivals always lose, we'll be stuck on a bubble and never be able to become the best mid-major or bigger.
sfa17
So this is how the rest of SLC feels when SFA wins big games. I'm happy for ACU. Now it looks like we have an opponent to look forwards too playing in non conference other than top 3 WAC
Pilotgirl
Illinois falls to Loyola...are the Illini gonna be calling to fire Underwood (again)?
nacluth
Did better with SFA than Illinois. I mean in the tournament not with how much folding money he has.
wahlwesle
Pilotgirl said:

Illinois falls to Loyola...are the Illini gonna be calling to fire Underwood (again)?
I thought this was going to be their year.
Pilotgirl
wahlwesle said:

Pilotgirl said:

Same lol I had them winning in one of my brackets
djsfw57
Pilotgirl said:

wahlwesle said:

Pilotgirl said:

I had them winning in 2 different brackets, Final Four in all of my brackets.
TallTexan
djsfw57 said:

Pilotgirl said:

wahlwesle said:

Pilotgirl said:

I had them winning in 2 different brackets, Final Four in all of my brackets.
My brackets are toast and it's because I trusted too much in teams in orange. Never trust any team with orange.
nacluth
Several hundred fans ready to go.
No-look
ACU looks lost. Thought they at least show up.
Pilotgirl
UCLA figured out their defense & are setting the pace. Good coaching from UCLA...not so much for Golding.
SFA Jack Fanatic
As I'm watching the ACU-UCLA game, I think I've seen only a single travel call. If these were SLC refs, there would have been 7 or 8 by now, with the same pivot foot movement. I got so tired of their cheesy traveling calls in every freakin' game. I hope there are NO SLC refs that also officiate in the WAC.
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

UCLA figured out their defense & are setting the pace. Good coaching from UCLA...not so much for Golding.

That's what amazed me so much about that Texas game. Texas didn't even try to out game plan them. Didn't even try to use those NBA players.
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

As I'm watching the ACU-UCLA game, I think I've seen only a single travel call. If these were SLC refs, there would have been 7 or 8 by now, with the same pivot foot movement. I got so tired of their cheesy traveling calls in every freakin' game. I hope there are NO SLC refs that also officiate in the WAC.

I'm with you.
SFA Jack Fanatic
UCLA cleaned ACU's clock. That makes me very happy!
nacluth
Southland 2-0 against Shaka and 0-2 against UCLA. Let's avoid that draw next year.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

Pilotgirl said:

That's what amazed me so much about that Texas game. Texas didn't even try to out game plan them. Didn't even try to use those NBA players.
Shaka Smart
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Southland 2-0 against Shaka and 0-2 against UCLA. Let's avoid that draw next year.

Oh, that matchup in the Sweet 16 or Elite 8 wouldn't be so bad...
SFASawmillGuy
ACU honestly looked like we did when we played UCLA. Maybe still a little shocked or jazzed up to have made it past the first round, and got smacked in the mouth early, never being able to recover from it.
SFAJack_76
Bingo!
PurpleOut
Staff
Savion Flagg hit the portal as a grad transfer from Texas A&M. Not sure we'd have a chance there, he had a pretty solid career at A&M, but we did recruit him out of HS.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Savion Flagg hit the portal as a grad transfer from Texas A&M. Not sure we'd have a chance there, he had a pretty solid career at A&M, but we did recruit him out of HS.

A 6'7 guard/forward would be a nice addition.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Of interest (but probably not to SFA): HBU's leading scorer Pedro Castro has entered the portal.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

Yeah, it would be a shocker if we got him.
djsfw57
SFAJack_76 said:

Bingo!

This was so articulate, well-thought-out, and accurate. It was also very bold. I applaud her courage.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Georgia Tech women vs. West Virginia at 4:30 today on ESPNU. Should have been us.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Georgia Tech women vs. West Virginia at 4:30 today on ESPNU. Should have been us.

The longer I watch the GT vs. WVU game (with GT pulling away), the sadder/madder I get! I few choice curse words have entered my mind. Should have been us!!!
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

The longer I watch the GT vs. WVU game (with GT pulling away), the sadder/madder I get! I few choice curse words have entered my mind. Should have been us!!!

I concur with your feelings....
SFA Jack Fanatic
73-56. Dammit. It should have been us.
Pilotgirl
I can't think about it too much because it makes me sick. My BP is finally back to baseline. Someone reluctantly brought it up at work today and I was like TOO SOON!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.