2020-2021 NCAA Basketball

64,210 Views | 498 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by nacluth
sfa17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

I'm confused. Who is this guy?
djsfw57
sfa17 said:

Wait so the draft and the transfer portal.. the gift that keeps on giving. If making bad decisions was a person
Best laugh of the day!
SFASawmillGuy
Kind of a tongue and cheek comment, but also just a comment on how hard it is on how difficult it is to recruit at the mid major level. There's a huge gap in talent in who we can recruit as opposed to power conference recruits.
Kyle brings in players who would start at high majors, which as good as Brad and Danny were, isn't something they did.
So imagine with things like consistent television exposure, pro potential, and having a much easier path to the NCAA tournament with multiple at large bid possibilities. Those are things we just can't promise kids.
TallTexan
Heck of a hire for UTSA.

sfa17
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

sfa17 said:

I'm confused. Who is this guy?

I was pointing out the fact that he entered the transfer portal but returned back to wsu 4 days later after no interest
djsfw57
TallTexan said:

Heck of a hire for UTSA.

I rarely have a jaw-dropping moment. Reading this was one of those. I'm more than stunned at this. Good for UTSA!
jboy93
Gayman from ACU is in the transfer portal. That's a little surprising to me. Strong player off the bench!
Pilotgirl
He wants more playing time
PurpleOut
Staff
Anderson Kopp committed to UMKC.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Miller's quote tweet seems like he might not be following.
sfa17
PurpleOut said:

The most games UMKC has won in a single season in like the last 30 years was 16.

The transfer portal remains undefeated
SFASawmillGuy
11 seed UCLA makes it to the final four.
Not to take anything away from anyone, but our 2016 team or last years team would've had a real good shot to make a final four run now, I'm convinced of it.
PurpleOut
Staff
I'd be interested in this kid.

We recruited him out of Colleyville, got some decent minutes on a really good Loyola squad.
SFAJack_76
Intriguing.
cboothe09
We were the first team to offer him. Wonder if we will be the first to offer again?
SFA Jack Fanatic
Keaston Willis to Louisiana Tech.
TallTexan
Roy Williams is retiring and it doesn't appear to be an April Fool's joke.
PurpleOut
Staff
Chris Beard to Texas.

What a day already. Dominoes will keep falling now.

In the last week I've seen Keller mentioned for about half a dozen jobs, including Tech, OU, Utah State, etc.
Pilotgirl
https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/texas-hires-chris-beard-from-texas-tech-as-next-coach-following-shaka-smarts-departure/
via http://cbssportsapp.com
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Chris Beard to Texas.

What a day already. Dominoes will keep falling now.

In the last week I've seen Keller mentioned for about half a dozen jobs, including Tech, OU, Utah State, etc.

Wow. Never would have guessed this would happen.
cboothe09
Keller to Tech makes me REALLY nervous
PurpleOut
Staff
SFA Jack Fanatic
cboothe09 said:

Keller to Tech makes me REALLY nervous

You're not the only one.
Pilotgirl
Honestly, I'm not gonna stress about it. We have lived through a pandemic and all the changes and stress of the past year. We've had success with the last 3 coaches. I trust SFA & Ivey to find a great coach (or promote an asst.) whenever Keller leaves. This has been a year of uncertainty &adapting. Just something else to adapt to, if needed. We have lots to look forward to for next year!
cboothe09
Tech makes me nervous, but Houston is the most realistic landing spot I feel like. I'm not saying that Sampson is 100% leaving but going back to Oklahoma or off to Tech wouldn't be bad for him. That would leave a void at Houston that I think Keller could take and run with.
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

Honestly, I'm not gonna stress about it. We have lived through a pandemic and all the changes and stress of the past year. We've had success with the last 3 coaches. I trust SFA & Ivey to find a great coach (or promote an asst.) whenever Keller leaves. This has been a year of uncertainty &adapting. Just something else to adapt to, if needed. We have lots to look forward to for next year!

As much as I love Kyle, we've got two of the best in the country as assistants and I'm pretty sure one of them would end up as HC.
TallTexan
cboothe09 said:

Tech makes me nervous, but Houston is the most realistic landing spot I feel like. I'm not saying that Sampson is 100% leaving but going back to Oklahoma or off to Tech wouldn't be bad for him. That would leave a void at Houston that I think Keller could take and run with.

You think Sampson would leave Houston?

Dude is a rockstar there and in one of the best recruiting grounds in the country.
sfa17
cboothe09 said:

I think one of the conditions Sampson requested was for his son to be next up for the Houston job once he left.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

Pilotgirl said:

As much as I love Kyle, we've got two of the best in the country as assistants and I'm pretty sure one of them would end up as HC.
Agreed! If Keller leaves (and I really, really hope he doesn't), I would hope that Coach Cox is promoted. 1) He deserves it based on his background, his reputation for developing post players, and his loyalty. 2) It would provide consistency in the program.

The longer it takes for Keller's situation to become clear, the farther behind we get on recruiting.
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

cboothe09 said:

I think one of the conditions Sampson requested was for his son to be next up for the Houston job once he left.
That is absolutely true. There would be no opening for Keller or anyone else to go there.
sfa17
I do like the fact that we have a coach good enough to be considered. Rather have that then someone like hooten.. ACUs Golding is probably also going to be considered for the job
SFASawmillGuy
Keller likely will be considered for the Tech job, but that's going to be a coveted spot. Tech will likely have their pick. Hopefully they don't realize how good of a recruiter Kyle is.
TallTexan
sfa17
This says it all about UTA

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.