2020-2021 NCAA Basketball

65,266 Views | 498 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by nacluth
sfa17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ljacks&Longnecks
Haven't found anything about this online yet but very unfortunate event especially considering the number of former players that spoke up on his behalf.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Conference USA is considering a conference schedule in which two teams will play each other twice in the same week (Thursday and Saturday) at the same location. This would be good for schools that will be allowing lots of attendance and not so good for those that don't.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Conference USA is considering a conference schedule in which two teams will play each other twice in the same week (Thursday and Saturday) at the same location. This would be good for schools that will be allowing lots of attendance and not so good for those that don't.
TallTexan
Southland is going to try to implement this like two weeks before the season starts,but they'll screw it up and it'll be home & home games two days apart.
nacluth
TallTexan said:

Southland is going to try to implement this like two weeks before the season starts,but they'll screw it up and it'll be home & home games two days apart.
This may be the most accurate prediction I have ever read on this site.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76
This is really bad.
TallTexan
It's insane that Wichita State let this behavior pass for so long.
sfa17
TallTexan said:

It's insane that Wichita State let this behavior pass for so long.

Unfortunately if you are winning like Wichita was.. you can pretty much get away with anything.

Quote :He's a maniac, a bully," said a former assistant. "He disrespects people, brings up personal stuff, family, girlfriends."
SFA Jack Fanatic
I remember seeing the many Wichita players entering the transfer portal and wondering what the heck was going on. Not wondering anymore.
SFAJack_76
BigJack85
Makes sense. Hopefully we are in a cue for a vaccine by the time basketball season is in full swing.
PurpleOut
Staff
Louisiana has released some of their new schedule playing UNO twice within days, but at different venues.

SFAJack_76
This should be interesting.
sfa17
Looks like they are staying local, If we can get like small Texas tournament, that would be great. So many good Texas basketball teams
Pilotgirl
Looks like the tweet was deleted...what was it?
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

Not the same tweet, but the same message about winter sports.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Pilotgirl said:

Not the same tweet, but the same message about winter sports.

I know it's way, way early, but I have to wonder what both the SFA MBB and WBB seniors will decide to do next year. The men have five seniors and the women have three this year. The men, in particular, could really, really be salty in 2021 - 2022 if a couple of them decide to stay an extra year.
nacluth
This is true, but unless something magical happens to the postseason ban, I don't see anyone staying around for a special regular season.
Pilotgirl
I kept forgetting about the ban I guess they could transfer and play another year somewhere else. I like students having this option as their (everyone's) lives have been upended with this mess & we still don't know how it will impact THIS season.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

This is true, but unless something magical happens to the postseason ban, I don't see anyone staying around for a special regular season.
Unless they are still short of graduating and don't have pro ball expectations. As I said, it will be interesting.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

I kept forgetting about the ban I guess they could transfer and play another year somewhere else. I like students having this option as their (everyone's) lives have been upended with this mess & we still don't know how it will impact THIS season.

I forgot about the dadgum ban, too. Dang it! But as 76 said, maybe one or two will hang around anyway to experience one more year of winning and being BMOC.
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Pilotgirl said:

I forgot about the dadgum ban, too. Dang it! But as 76 said, maybe one or two will hang around anyway to experience one more year of winning and being BMOC.
So frustrating! I was reading about the upcoming locations for the tournament through '25 or '26 and Dallas is one in 21; Ft. Worth is one in '22. I was excited and then BAM...nope, won't be going to Ft. Worth
nacluth
Oh I'm not really worried about kids transferring away, I'm just not seeing someone staying as a graduate, but who knows? I bet this season if they can be great will have a huge impact.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

So frustrating! I was reading about the upcoming locations for the tournament through '25 or '26 and Dallas is one in 21; Ft. Worth is one in '22. I was excited and then BAM...nope, won't be going to Ft. Worth

Don't forget that NRG will host the Final Four in '23 and Toyota Center will host the South Regional in '26. Hope springs eternal!
sfa17
If seniors are given another year, I think most will transfer. Just makes sense. I would do the exact same thing. No hard feelings
sfa17
sfa17
sfa17 said:

If seniors are given another year, I think most will transfer. Just makes sense. I would do the exact same thing. No hard feelings

It looks like seniors will only get a 5th year if they stay at current school. So can't transfer and get a extra year .. interesting
Pilotgirl
Hmmm
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

sfa17 said:

It looks like seniors will only get a 5th year if they stay at current school. So can't transfer and get a extra year .. interesting

I like it!
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut
Staff
Can cross A&M off the list as a possible opponent (for now).

Pilotgirl
I like this idea...
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/30174875/over-30-college-basketball-teams-play-mohegan-sun-bubble

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.