2020-2021 NCAA Basketball

65,158 Views | 498 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by nacluth
jboy93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just really disappointed that Hart is out of basketball. I thought he was going to turn the corner here and be great. I went back and watched the Duke game and he should have had 10-12 points. He was very active the minutes that he was in. Lots of basketball talent in that young man...just hope he gets his life figured out!
cboothe09
That one keeps me floored. Even more so than Mitch and that one is a HUGE shock to me...
SFA Jack Fanatic
I'm getting the same feeling about two current players.

BTW, Stefon Fisher was probably the worst HS signee we've had in recent years. Just my opinion.
jboy93
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I'm getting the same feeling about two current players.

BTW, Stefon Fisher was probably the worst HS signee we've had in recent years. Just my opinion.
I'm only worried about Kharee and maybe Brown. I would love to see Kharee hand in there. Brown doesn't seem to be the player we thought?
SFA Jack Fanatic
The NIT will not be played in New York City for the first time in 83 years. It is moving to Texas, to be played at UNT in Denton and at an NBA G League facility in Frisco. It is also reducing the number of teams from 32 to 16. First round games will not be played at opponents' home courts.
PurpleOut
Staff
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

The NIT will not be played in New York City for the first time in 83 years. It is moving to Texas, to be played at UNT in Denton and at an NBA G League facility in Frisco. It is also reducing the number of teams from 32 to 16. First round games will not be played at opponents' home courts.
Everyone: "Maybe we should reduce our tournaments to help prevent excess people during COVID.:
Southland: "LET'S ADD MORE!"
SFAJack_76
Just like that, their season ends. Won't be the last one.

SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl
UNC beat Duke 91-73....
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76 said:

Those out included two starters. The five that started went 35+ each minutes And, they won 85-55.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

UNC beat Duke 91-73....

How the mighty hath fallen... We started them on their downward trajectory!
CertifiedAxeman98
Joe Lunardi has gotten so lazy in his bracketology that I now look at Jerry Palm first. Lunardi has Nicholls as the AQ for the SLC. I expect that during the season but not now when you are so close to selection Sunday. It is like he is mailing it in now.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/bracketology/

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

PurpleOut
Staff
There have been 7 Mid-Major top seeds that have already lost in their conference tourney.
SFA Jack Fanatic
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

Joe Lunardi has gotten so lazy in his bracketology that I now look at Jerry Palm first. Lunardi has Nicholls as the AQ for the SLC. I expect that during the season but not now when you are so close to selection Sunday. It is like he is mailing it in now.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/bracketology/

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Lunardi doesn't know what he doesn't know about the SLC.
TallTexan
cboothe09
They don't deserve to make the tournament, but they will get in...Probably as something like an 8 or 9 seed...
SFASawmillGuy
If we got a return trip from Duke this year we probably would've beaten them in regulation. They've really gone downhill since we beat them.
Pilotgirl
SFA_03 said:

If we got a return trip from Duke this year we probably would've beaten them in regulation. They've really gone downhill since we beat them.
We broke Duke.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

SFA_03 said:

We broke Duke.

The suits at SLC headquarters would probably dispute that claim.
djsfw57
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Pilotgirl said:

SFA_03 said:

We broke Duke.

The suits at SLC headquarters would probably dispute that claim.
They would probably dispute the fact that we actually beat the #1 team in the country too - or they would try to take credit for it somehow. We cannot get away from this crackerjack-with-no-prize conference soon enough to suit me.
SFA, Class of 1979
SFAJack_76
#1 seed in the MEAC. Out.
Pilotgirl
Is this where Koval from UCA transferred or was that another NC team?
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

Is this where Koval from UCA transferred or was that another NC team?
UNC Greensboro. They are having a solid year. First place in the SoCon.
Pilotgirl
Thanks!
TallTexan

Per the 7 days of no positive test rules, I'm not sure Virginia will even end up in Indy.
TallTexan
Are the 7 day rules for the team or for the individual?
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

Are the 7 day rules for the team or for the individual?

The answer is YES.
SFAJack_76
SFASawmillGuy
Slightly good news but as I said before I highly doubt Keller would've considered the Lobos. I think we're one more good season from losing him, but it won't be to a school like UNM, it'll be to a Big 12, SEC, or ACC school.
With how bad A&M's recruiting has gotten since he left, it wouldn't be unrealistic to think they'd want to bring him back as the head coach.
SFA Jack Fanatic
California Baptist's women have won both the WAC's regular season and conference tournament, but they are not yet eligible for the NCAA tournament while transitioning from D-2. So, Utah Valley, with a record of 13-6, will represent the WAC in the Big Dance. It will be Utah Valley's first NCAA tournament. Cal Baptist finished 25-0.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

The Minnesota coach?
nacluth
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

California Baptist's women have won both the WAC's regular season and conference tournament, but they are not yet eligible for the NCAA tournament while transitioning from D-2. So, Utah Valley, with a record of 13-6, will represent the WAC in the Big Dance. It will be Utah Valley's first NCAA tournament. Cal Baptist finished 25-0.

An undefeated season by a transitioning D1 team. That is a special year.
SFA Jack Fanatic
ROFL! SLC regular season "champion" Nicholls is bombed by ACU in the tournament final, 79-45.

Take that, Southland suits!
sfa17
I personally thought that ACU's coach was probably ahead of Keller when it comes to the Lobos HC position. Built ACU for D2 to D1. Took them to top of SLC and 2 Ncaa tournaments.
sfa17

Underwood being Underwood

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.