2020-2021 NCAA Basketball

64,955 Views | 498 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by nacluth
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is more than just basketball, but heavy to basketball. Kids that would have gone Juco or prep school because they could not qualify might be going D1 now.
SFA Jack Fanatic
The NCAA is giving teams scheduling options for the 2020-21 season. The NCAA's Division 1 Council approved a proposal yesterday which would allow D-1 teams to have either a 28 or a 29 game schedule. The NCAA Board of Directors is expected to approve the measure on Wednesday.

The proposal will allow a school that chooses to have a 28 game schedule to participate in one multi-team event of up to three games.
SFA Jack Fanatic
The MBB program at Tulane will be in a tizzy in the months ahead. Their leading scorer from this past season, Teshaun Hightower (15.9 ppg), has been charged with murder and aggravated assault from an April 8 homicide in Georgia.
No-look
His lawyer said his brother did the shooting in self defense. Who knows at this point. I'm thinking that locker room was a mess.
TallTexan
If a kid meets the core courses & the GPA, they always should have been eligible. The SAT/Act just tells you who had access to a tutor/test prep and who didn't.

Glad to see NCAA make this change.
TallTexan
Given that some states aren't going to want to travel to states with outbreaks & vice versa, the governors should push for localized scheduling.

Everyone in Texas can play each other.
sfa17
Wake Forest close to hiring ETSU coach Steve Forbes
PurpleOut
Staff
Coach Boynton and Oklahoma State just got hit with a one-year postseason ban.
SFAXE93
Do you think Underwood is starting to develop a complex?

NCAA penalties for Oklahoma State:

- Postseason ban for the 20-21 season

- A 10-year show cause for former associate head coach Lamont Evans

- Three years probation

- A reduction of three scholarships for the next two seasons

- $10,000 fine
SFA Jack Fanatic
Who was the former associate head coach? Why the secrecy about naming him?

Edit: Never mind. Evans.
cboothe09
Big stuff in Stillwater...Wonder what the feeling at Arizona and Knsas is like???
SFAXE93
Kansas is facing FIVE Level I violations.

SFA Jack Fanatic
And North Carolina is laughing about it all.
SFAXE93
sfa17
Can't say I feel bad. What they did was worst.
sfa17
sfa17
TallTexan

This is probably gonna make our strength of schedule worse.
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan said:

This is probably gonna make our strength of schedule worse.
Maybe, maybe not. Will have to see how it plays out. Could easily be a positive. Instead of playing another 300 Net level SLC team, maybe we get another mid-level SunBelt school...or even a P5 school that will be paying us.
TallTexan
I'd love to book better schools. Just seems unlikely when some big schools have already announced their OOC schedules at this point in the process.

I like the 16 games if we can ditch 4 schools from the conference lol.
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan said:

I'd love to book better schools. Just seems unlikely when some big schools have already announced their OOC schedules at this point in the process.

Yeah. The amount of teams we have is the first issue (for a lot of sports). And then why we are going to 16 games instead of 18 like it had always been...I have no idea.

I think it still goes both ways, with the amount of non-conference tournaments these days, we'll probably have additional opportunities than pretty much everyone else in our league.

In the end, our coaches and schools are the ones voting for everything...including our tie-breakers.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

TallTexan said:

Yeah. The amount of teams we have is the first issue (for a lot of sports). And then why we are going to 16 games instead of 18 like it had always been...I have no idea.

I think it still goes both ways, with the amount of non-conference tournaments these days, we'll probably have additional opportunities than pretty much everyone else in our league.

In the end, our coaches and schools are the ones voting for everything...including our tie-breakers.

True. It's kinda like the NCAA. It sucks beyond belief, but the schools vote for it anyway.
No-look
The teams that SFA won't play, will that be determined by traveling distance?
BigJack85
SFAXE93 said:

Do you think Underwood is starting to develop a complex?

NCAA penalties for Oklahoma State:

- Postseason ban for the 20-21 season

- A 10-year show cause for former associate head coach Lamont Evans

- Three years probation

- A reduction of three scholarships for the next two seasons

- $10,000 fine

Maybe I'm missing something.... they get a one year postseason ban for bribery and we get the book thrown at us for poor grade/class records??
PurpleOut
Staff
Losing 3 scholarships though is a killer.
TallTexan
No-look said:

The teams that SFA won't play, will that be determined by traveling distance?

More likely they'll take the 2018 schedule and just reuse it sans the opponents we only play once.
cboothe09
Any luster lost on Underwood? Sanctions from his time at SFA and OK State...
BigJack85
PurpleOut said:

Losing 3 scholarships though is a killer.

Agreed but only one season. Crazy. Maybe I'm just PO'd over banners coming down. That seems a bit harsh. Maybe they take away the 2016-2017.
sfa17

Looks like OSU is going to fight it. The assistant coach that caused the issue was there only 6 months and the school fully cooperate with the ncaa
but they still hit them with a ban and etc . Let's see how this plays out.
cboothe09
Was Associate HC for 6 months. Was as Assistant Coach/Recruiting Coordinator for the 2016-2017 season. He was promoted to Associate HC when Underwood left.
sfa17
Oh okay that makes more sense
SFAJack_76
Really good story on Dallas. One of the best team players I have ever seen at SFA.
Pilotgirl
Cam clocks in at #88....2 McNeese players make the list...was pretty sure one of them left tho...
http://makingthemadness.com/mid-major-top-100-players-for-the-2020-21-season/
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

Cam clocks in at #88....2 McNeese players make the list...was pretty sure one of them left tho...
Cam could have a very good season. Ware and Kensmil are under appreciated. I don't think either of those two McNeese players have left.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Pilotgirl said:

Cam could have a very good season. Ware and Kensmil are under appreciated. I don't think either of those two McNeese players have left.

This guy says that McNeese is his favorite to win the SLC. Yeah, right. Happens every year. Some clueless guy sitting in his basement a thousand miles away who has never attended an SLC game in his life is making SLC predictions.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.