2019 Basketball Commits

129,636 Views | 502 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Classified as of now.
Jacks4460
No-look said:

Classified as of now.
Yes sir. Lock down mode.. Retna scan to get clearance into the staffs thinking. We have a great staff I am telling you guys with the big money y'all need to lock this whole staff down for 4 years because it could get real fun real quick..
Jacks4460
The extra monies from the March Madness will pay for their salaries thats for sure...
Pilotgirl
Too bad Holyfield and Pope won't be playing together...bc that is just ....so much goldmine of one-liners there...No Sister needed! Ahhh well, Holyfield will leave and then we will be blessed by the Pope, so it's all good
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

Jacks4460 said:

edstile said:

BTW, I asked one of our coaches if we have another 2019 scholarship to give. His response was "Not sure". Interesting response.

They got their eyes on someone..

Since we have a couple of guys on here taking credit for the Pope recruitment, I am sure they can tell us.
Don't underestimate all the good juju it takes to out-recruit the big dogs. What we lack in bags full of cash, we make up for in spirit & good luck charms.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks4460 said:

edstile said:

BTW, I asked one of our coaches if we have another 2019 scholarship to give. His response was "Not sure". Interesting response.

They got their eyes on someone..

I'm thinking the same thing, but where would the extra scholarship come from??? I thought that all slots have been filled.
nacluth
We're losing four and have three commits.
sfa17
and at least one scholarship player has transferred in the past for more playing time
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

We're losing four and have three commits.
But doesn't the young man that's redshirting now (transfer from Montana) count against the 2019 scholarships? I'm confused... Enlighten me, Ryan.
nacluth
He counts against this year's scholarships. He's already part of the 13 active scholarships now with the redshirt. It was a sacrifice to get him this year to hopefully pay off next year. So he doesn't affect the four leaving because he's already counted.

Technically we only have 12 scholarship players who can play this year because of Nicholas' redshirt. If Comeaux is out, then it's just 11. A thin year to be honest with our bench.
nacluth
Ok, just for comparison. Here's the stats for last year's roster. Remember we only had 12 scholarship guys last year because we had to eat Mack's for the year.

We had 9 players who averaged 12 minutes plus per game. Grujic and Bain played in most games in clean up duty or just in needed rest time when we had guys injured. The likelihood is that we'll probably see them in a similar role this year. Hopefully Bain will have a bigger presence, but history hasn't been kind the last 3 years.

That leaves 9 if John sits. Last year our one freshman didn't play. Obviously there were probably extenuating circumstances, but Fisher just couldn't get on the court. We have three freshmen this year. That leaves 6 locked and loaded players.

We have to have solid production from those freshmen. I'm confident that they are all players, but history suggests Keller will play them sparingly if he can. He just might not be able to. Mitchell might be the easiest to work in with Grujic as big man relief, but the honus will be on Oddyst and Jock to be crisp. And realistically, O as a natural point might be the lynchpin of our season.

We have higher sights with this team for good reason, but there is risk too. I'm so ready to go all in.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

He counts against this year's scholarships. He's already part of the 13 active scholarships now with the redshirt. It was a sacrifice to get him this year to hopefully pay off next year. So he doesn't affect the four leaving because he's already counted.

Technically we only have 12 scholarship players who can play this year because of Nicholas' redshirt. If Comeaux is out, then it's just 11. A thin year to be honest with our bench.
Every once in a while, that nacluth guy actually drops some pearls of wisdom on us...

Thanks, Ryan. Great explanation. And I agree, our freshmen are going to have to step up for us to have a really big season and postseason.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Quote:

O as a natural point might be the lynchpin of our season.

Which begs the question... Is O already a natural PG or a work in progress?
PurpleOut
Staff
Great video on Sama'Zha and his teammates.

PurpleOut
Staff
Sama'Zha ready to sign.

nacluth
...on the dotted line.
BigJack85
Edstile, Your right about that Nacluth guy. He's got some solid analysis. Just downright scary.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
No-look
Nacluth's biblical name is Barnabus. Always positive. Glass half full!
SFA Jack Fanatic
BigJack85 said:

Edstile, Your right about that Nacluth guy. He's got some solid analysis. Just downright scary.
I'm sure he's on the way to Walmart right now to buy a bigger hat for the bighead you just gave him.
nacluth
I'm on the way to the game. I'm wearing a suit tonight in case they need me to join the coaching staff.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

I'm on the way to the game. I'm wearing a suit tonight in case they need me to join the coaching staff.

SAGU's coaching staff?
nacluth
Whatever helps us win...
SFA Jack Fanatic
Lest we forget... NLI early signing period is upon us. November 14-21.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Whatever helps us win...
Can you join Miami's staff? We need you to install the little dribblers, one pass offense.
SFA Jack Fanatic
cboothe09
Pope and Hart signing early tomorrow? I like it!
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut
Staff
HUGE

nacluth
Big time!
KirkHeath12
Any word on Pope?
Class of 2012
Axe Em
No-look
Awesome!
KirkHeath12
Or Chisom?
Class of 2012
Axe Em
PurpleOut
PurpleOut
Staff
Pope retweeted this, so his LOI should be in.

Jacks4460
Yep they just received his paperwork...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.