2019 Basketball Commits

129,615 Views | 502 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
wahlwesle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PurpleOut
Staff
Man I completely forgot about this one. I like Roti a lot, legit scorer. 16.3 PPG on 45.9% shooting. 40.7% from three and and 87.4% from the line.

PurpleOut
nacluth
Nice. Another pick up. Three more...
PurpleOut
Staff
PurpleOut
Staff
If you're looking for him, his full first name is Rotarious. And Roti is pronounced "raw-tea."

He was a 3-star recruit and the #6 player in the state of Mississippi. This is a very good pick up.

Also found this back in 2017:

Quote:

Duke's Scout page oddly mentions a Rotarius Ware, a 6'1" guard who likes Duke, LSU, and the Mississippi schools. He is a three star recruit.

SFA Jack Fanatic
A pure SG. Sweet! I really like the way the new team is shaping up. The new guys will lessen other teams' pressure on Kevon, allowing him to do what he does best.

Now, we need a big body inside.
No-look
This is really coming together! Gonna be long wait for season to get here.
TallTexan
Looks like we're going back to the get shooter and teach them to play D approach. I like it.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

Man I completely forgot about this one. I like Roti a lot, legit scorer. 16.3 PPG on 45.9% shooting. 40.7% from three and and 87.4% from the line.

Even sweeter 2018-2019 numbers, from the East Central website...

Roti averaged 19.7 ppg, 6 rpg, 2.3 apg, and 2 spg. (All of these except assists led his team).

His FT average was 92%, making 113 of 123. (Man, that will be quite a change for us!).

He was named to the NJCAA All-Region 23 Team.
PurpleOut
Staff
I'll put together a recruiting piece later in the summer to add to the site.
TallTexan
92% free throw percentage? I like it.

If nothing else, that should translate well.
BigJack85
Looks a little like Desmond minus the step back move.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
No-look

Looks like they know each other.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Just noticed that over on the Offers page that 4460 said Ware was in the Top 100 JUCO Recruits in the country and that he shoots 44% from beyond the arc. (Wow!) He was being recruited by SFA, Prison Tech, Tulsa, and La Tech.

Edit: Just checked, and he is ranked #100 on JUCORecruiting.com
SfaFan15
Not that I personally know any of these guys, but from what I've gathered it seems like the coaching staff is recruiting more mature, team oriented guys than they had in the past which is nice to know.

Also, Roti Ware creates separation and handles the ball better than almost anyone I've watched I think. In my opinion he might be the best candidate to step into Bogues spot.
PurpleOut
Staff
SfaFan15 said:

Not that I personally know any of these guys, but from what I've gathered it seems like the coaching staff is recruiting more mature, team oriented guys than they had in the past which is nice to know.

Also, Roti Ware creates separation and handles the ball better than almost anyone I've watched I think. In my opinion he might be the best candidate to step into Bogues spot.
Agree with all of this.
Ljacks&Longnecks
The good thing about these Juco guys is that they are older than freshman, they already have the college game experience and they are now coming here looking to play their last 2 seasons at the D1 level. More maturity and likely more team focused. Liking the looks of this crew! Let's keep it going.
SFA Jack Fanatic
This on Ware from the 'Dirty South Juco' website...

"His skill set allows him to make tough shots off the dribble while his IQ allows him to read screens really well. One and two-dribble pull-ups are his best friends and he does a good job of being fundamentally sound when catching the ball in triple threat position."
SFA Jack Fanatic
SfaFan15 said:

After reading your comment, 15, I went back and closely watched the video on Ware again (I didn't watch it very closely earlier today). I totally agree with your assessment of him. It almost looked like I was watching a reincarnation of a young Shannon. I wouldn't be surprised if he is a starter either immediately or very soon after the start of the season. With a true PG like Katchelries running the team and allowing him to concentrate on his offense, I think the sky's the limit for this guy in the next two years.
CertifiedAxeman98
The coaches have really addressed the glaring hole and lack of guard play last year with the JUCO guys they have been getting. I like JUCO guys since they have been grinding it out at small schools, in small venues trying to make a name for themselves and get on with a D1 school. We had to go the JUCO route since we had glaring holes left by guys that left the program.

I would like to see SFA pick up either a transfer or JUCO big if they can that has some experience and maybe to be a bruiser on the inside. We need a compliment to Mitch. The Rockets have Nene for that role when Capela is on the bench. A guy like we have had in the past, like a CJ Williams type.

Also, I would like to see us pick up a freshman PG this year or next year as well. Someone that can take over for the JUCO guys in the next couple of years. Someone that can rack up steals and assists.

Probably should have led with this but we need to find Kevon's replacement. You need a guy that you can put the ball in his hand and play some ISO ball from time to time (not the whole game).

By my count we have at least 2 scholarships available next year.
No-look
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

The coaches have really addressed the glaring hole and lack of guard play last year with the JUCO guys they have been getting. I like JUCO guys since they have been grinding it out at small schools, in small venues trying to make a name for themselves and get on with a D1 school. We had to go the JUCO route since we had glaring holes left by guys that left the program.

I would like to see SFA pick up either a transfer or JUCO big if they can that has some experience and maybe to be a bruiser on the inside. We need a compliment to Mitch. The Rockets have Nene for that role when Capela is on the bench. A guy like we have had in the past, like a CJ Williams type.

Also, I would like to see us pick up a freshman PG this year or next year as well. Someone that can take over for the JUCO guys in the next couple of years. Someone that can rack up steals and assists.

Probably should have led with this but we need to find Kevon's replacement. You need a guy that you can put the ball in his hand and play some ISO ball from time to time (not the whole game).

. Calvin Solomon would be a nice get to groom for a go to player I believe. Has height and plays most all positions and is a very good defensive player. I don't know if we are still aggressively pursuing him or not but hope we are. Need another pg for depth and a big?
Jacks4460
Mitch can be our next go to guy.. He had a rough go at it as a true freshman. He is going through some growing pains but is turning the corner I feel..
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

CertifiedAxeman98 said:

. Calvin Solomon would be a nice get to groom for a go to player I believe. Has height and plays most all positions and is a very good defensive player. I don't know if we are still aggressively pursuing him or not but hope we are. Need another pg for depth and a big?

Solomon was on campus two weeks ago, so we're definitely still after him.
Jacks4460
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

We can have 13 scholarships and 2 walk ons..

Kevon
Mitch
John C
Bain
O

Cam
Roti
Kachelries

Hart
Pope

That leaves 3 more full ride spots...
CertifiedAxeman98
So Nieminen is gone as well?
Jacks4460
yep he is hurting pretty bad... Hope he gets to stay on board and maybe GA a little... He can coach pretty well from what I am told.. I felt he really went down from last year and now I know it was becuase he was really in some serious pain..
Jacks4460
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

No-look said:

We are on him hot and heavy
No-look
Jacks4460 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

No-look said:

Has he already been to La Tech? I think there was a visit scheduled.
Pilotgirl
No-look
Wow! It's coming together!
Jacks4460
No-look said:

Jacks4460 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

No-look said:

Has he already been to La Tech? I think there was a visit scheduled.
not positive but i think he went there after us.. we were a midweek visit and he went there on the weekend...
CertifiedAxeman98
That was quick.

Maybe this is how he got noticed?

https://www.easttexasmatters.com/sports/kilgore-comes-from-behind-beats-blinn-in-region-xiv-tourney-opener/1829993813

HS awards 15/16 with North Cobb Christian High School

http://www.southeastbasketballacademy.com/seba-hoop-festival-all-time-results.html
PurpleOut
Staff
Another Georgia kid, same town as CJ Williams.
SFA Jack Fanatic
He's #86 on JUCOrecruiting.com's Top 100 list. That makes two of the Top 100 coming here (Roti Ware is the other one at #100.). Not too shabby......

Edit: He was also the #19 player in the state of Georgia coming out of high school.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.