2019 Basketball Commits

129,603 Views | 502 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Man, scoping flight plans. The Sawmill has really taken off with its inside details. Let's not reveal too much to our competition...
No-look
TallTexan said:

edstile said:

Jacks4460 said:

4-Horn management on the side of the plane.. That is frigging top notch..
4-Horn's CEO is a Northwestern State grad. Did we steal it??

Basketball coaches by day, international plane thieves by night. Coach K will be played by the Rock in the movie.
. Anything less than the Rock would not be acceptable.
SFAJack_76
Jacks4460 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Jacks4460 said:

Flight tracker says it's owed by LD Services LLC.. Looks like they are a Beaumont company..
Registration shows based in Austin. Falcon 900 is a big plane for three (?) people. 21 seat plane.

Interesting flight path yesterday. Beaumont to Bogslusa, LA for a short 20 minute stop. To Dallas Love Field for just short of four hours. From Love to overnight at Freeport, Illinois.

27 minute flight to Ottumwa, Iowa this morning.
Could just be leased or time share type plane.. Bogslusa LA stop was probably dropping the RECRUIT OFF(which if I am right might just seal the deal).. Then to DFW pick up other timeshare members and head to Freeport (Highlands Community College) is there anyone there? Then jet working already again this morning and coming back to get Coach or flying something else home.. What do you think SFAJack76?

Sounds plausible to me. Probably this is a lease situation, however there are smaller jets or King Airs available for probably less. In a previous, previous life, we had a couple of occasions to get a plane to take about six of us for a day or two business trip. Generally was a corporate plane based in Houston that would pick us up at the Angelina County airport.

The plane was in Ottumwa for about an hour and twenty minutes. Enroute to Lubbock now. Scheduled to be there for about 45 minutes before flying to Austin.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Man, scoping flight plans. The Sawmill has really taken off with its inside details. Let's not reveal too much to our competition...
It is public information where the plane is. Who knows who is on the plane.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Hey, Boys and Girls,

One of our MBB recruits is close to making a final decision on school choice and has SFA as one of his final choices, and we need to help nudge him across the finish line and decide to become a Lumberjack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have a Twitter account, send a tweet to Tylan Pope. He's rated as the #2 player in Louisiana by one scouting service. His twitter name is...

@ygtrece_13

If you don't have a Twitter account, start one!

Let's show him some love and let him know how much we want him in Purple and White. Spread the word to your other SFA friends and get them to do this, too. LET'S DO THIS!
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA is currently tied for the #52 recruiting class nationally for 2019, according to Rivals.

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2019/all-teams/basketball
sfa17
there are about 100 teams tie at 52... but i'll take it
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

there are about 100 teams tie at 52... but i'll take it
Yep. It's a little bit of national recognition. Good to see our logo amongst those others.
SFAJack_76
He needs another commit to join him. Still waiting on the RECRUITING SONIC BOOM.

SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
sfa17
Tyaln Pope had offers from Texas A&M, Baylor, Cincinnati, Wyoming and more. A&M were after him HARD. They went to his school a few weeks ago but he didnt show up for the meeting.
TallTexan
sfa17 said:

Tyaln Pope had offers from Texas A&M, Baylor, Cincinnati, Wyoming and more. A&M were after him HARD. They went to his school a few weeks ago but he didnt show up for the meeting.

He's making a strong case for being my favorite SFA basketball player of all time.
tangerito
Freaking awesome...what a class
nacluth
Studded up.
cboothe09
Outgoing:
Bogues
Fitzgerald
Holyfield
Grujic

Incoming:
Chisom
Hart
Pope

Barring any transfers or injuries, we have just one spot left for next year...Sick class we have coming in, plus Nicholas gaining eligibility...
CertifiedAxeman98
Agreed would be good to see one of those top guards they are recruiting commit.
sfa17
Tylan Pope 6'7 F Franklington Of everyone on this list, Pope might be the most powerful dunker. He attacks the rim with ferocity that you don't see much of in this generation. He is athletic, but isn't necessarily a high flyer, which makes the dunks that he has over bigger opponents the more impressive
https://twitter.com/prephoopsla/status/1046892491826520065?s=21ll [...]

SFAJack_76
Great class so far. In serious need of a PG to fill it out.
TallTexan
cboothe09 said:

Outgoing:
Bogues
Fitzgerald
Holyfield
Grujic

I'm gonna miss these guys something terrible when they graduate.
SFAJack_76
D1 basketball early signing period is November 14-21. That should be a very good week.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

cboothe09 said:

Outgoing:
Bogues
Fitzgerald
Holyfield
Grujic

I'm gonna miss these guys something terrible when they graduate.
Hey, enough with the sadness, Texan! We've got a whole season of greatness ahead WITH THEM to focus on.
nacluth
edstile said:

Hey, enough with the sadness, Texan! We've got a whole season of greatness ahead WITH THEM to focus on.
Who's this guy? His name looks familiar, but I can't quite remember him.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

edstile said:

How quickly they forget.....

I've been cruising the Seven Seas (well, two of them) for a couple of weeks, followed by a few days at Mickey World. Finally headed home tomorrow. I was unable to access The Sawmill while on the ship.

BTW, in my defense, I was able to access Twitter during my travels, and I led a Tweet campaign to get Pope here. You can thank me later, Ryan.
No-look
edstile said:

nacluth said:

edstile said:

How quickly they forget.....

I've been cruising the Seven Seas (well, two of them) for a couple of weeks, followed by a few days at Mickey World. Finally headed home tomorrow. I was unable to access The Sawmill while on the ship.

BTW, in my defense, I was able to access Twitter during my travels, and I led a Tweet campaign to get Pope here. You can thank me later, Ryan.
Actually is was Ryan and I that was responsible for Pope's commitment. We have a ritual. Every time he works on my guitar, they commit the next day. We joked about it yesterday and it happened again. Lol.
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Actually is was Ryan and I that was responsible for Pope's commitment. We have a ritual. Every time he works on my guitar, they commit the next day. We joked about it yesterday and it happened again. Lol.
OK, I'll give you credit, No-Look, but I just can't bring myself to give that other guy some props. He's been so hard on me these last couple of years....
TallTexan
nacluth said:

edstile said:

I was beginning to worry that the Bearkat wife had finally gotten tired of your shenanigans and made you disappear.
SFA Jack Fanatic
NO Prison Tech person, past or present, even a spousal unit, has that kind of power over a Jack grad!
CertifiedAxeman98
Does anyone know how tall Tylan Pope is? I have seen anywhere from 6'4" to 6'7" (hair may be skewing this)?
SFA Jack Fanatic
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

Does anyone know how tall Tylan Pope is? I have seen anywhere from 6'4" to 6'7" (hair may be skewing this)?
I was wondering the same thing. I've seen various websites say anywhere from 6'4" and 190 to 6'6" and 220. I haven't seen one that said 6'7" (but I sure wouldn't hate it if it was true). What's correct?

BTW, I asked one of our coaches if we have another 2019 scholarship to give. His response was "Not sure". Interesting response.
sfa17
https://www.prephoops.com/2018/09/louisiana-2019-jumpin-out-the-gym-best-dunkers/

Prep Hoops a Louisiana basketball blog has him listed as 6'7 .

D1 circuit (they track nike eyb score) has him at 6'6
https://www.d1circuit.com/page/show/4032908-pro-skills-nikeproskills-

Verbal commit and 247 don't really updates much of their info for non top 200 players. Neither of the site have all this offers even though they are clearly on Twitter. They have him at 6'4 and 6'5.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Here is Tylan Pope's complete offer list...

McNeese, Louisiana Lafayette, Umass Lowell, Missouri St, Tulane, Texas St, Baylor, Texas A&M, Appalachian State, New Orleans, Richmond, Cincinnati, Utah State, Wyoming, Arkansas Little Rock
TallTexan
edstile said:

Here is Tylan Pope's complete offer list...

McNeese, Louisiana Lafayette, Umass Lowell, Missouri St, Tulane, Texas St, Baylor, Texas A&M, Appalachian State, New Orleans, Richmond, Cincinnati, Utah State, Wyoming, Arkansas Little Rock,
I'm just glad Vatican U didn't swoop in at the last minute.
Jacks4460
edstile said:

BTW, I asked one of our coaches if we have another 2019 scholarship to give. His response was "Not sure". Interesting response.

They got their eyes on someone..
SFAJack_76
Jacks4460 said:

edstile said:

They got their eyes on someone..

Since we have a couple of guys on here taking credit for the Pope recruitment, I am sure they can tell us.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.