2019-2020 Ladyjack Basketball

105,524 Views | 684 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Let's not forget about our Ladies, who represented SFA in style last year. Am I the only one excited to see where this team goes?! They have tons of potential & impressive recruits this year. Kellogg is a great coach & the Ladies want to win & are close with one another (a team!)....Let's get that Conference & Tourney Championship, Ladies!
TallTexan
With the current cast of ladies, their ceiling might be higher than the men's team currently. A lot of young, fairly proven talent on that team.
Pilotgirl
I would agree with that as they have the team cohesion down...Got to have a new leader step up (Nellie looked to be one of them leading that last season) & integrate the new recruits!
nacluth
This is the breakthrough year. Ready to lay wagers on it!

(Don't get me wrong. We've been having killer good seasons. I'm just talking about that Katy trophy.)
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

This is the breakthrough year. Ready to lay wagers on it!

(Don't get me wrong. We've been having killer good seasons. I'm just talking about that Katy trophy.)

Agreed. I'm all in.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Totally agree! I don't see anyone in the SLC with the talent next year that the Ladyjacks will have.
Pilotgirl
Anyone going?

SFAJack_76
#1, Bri Burns has transferred to DII Truman State in her home state of Missouri. She played in 10 conference games her freshman season, and 11 in her sophomore season. With the returning guards, and those coming in, I suspect she was not going to get a lot of playing time. I wish her well.

I believe, with three incoming freshmen and the UTSA transfer, this puts us at thirteen scholarship players. I hope we fill at least one of the two open spots. Preferably with an inside player since all of the newcomers are guards.
Pilotgirl
Hmmm I don't remember her very much....
nacluth
Sad news. I thought she showed flashes of coming along this season. She hit some good threes for us, but in a crowded guard field, I can see why she might want a bigger chance to play.
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

Hmmm I don't remember her very much....
Exactly. She did not make the same level of freshman to sophomore progress that Mayfield and Banfield did.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

#1, Bri Burns has transferred to DII Truman State in her home state of Missouri. She played in 10 conference games her freshman season, and 11 in her sophomore season. With the returning guards, and those coming in, I suspect she was not going to get a lot of playing time. I wish her well.

I believe, with three incoming freshmen and the UTSA transfer, this puts us at thirteen scholarship players. I hope we fill at least one of the two open spots. Preferably with an inside player since all of the newcomers are guards.

Yeah, she saw the writing on the wall.

BTW, I must have been asleep the day they announced the UTSA transfer earlier this month. Thanks for bringing me up to speed on that. We should have good depth at the guard position next season.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Sad news. I thought she showed flashes of coming along this season. She hit some good threes for us, but in a crowded guard field, I can see why she might want a bigger chance to play.
She had moments, but not enough to earn meaningful playing time.
SFAJack_76
In my opinion, this is very good news.
nacluth
Great news. Honestly I thought if he would have made the tournament that he could be gone.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Great news. Honestly I thought if he would have made the tournament that he could be gone.
I believe our AD worked hard on this one. Of course, if/when the big money comes after him, we will most probably just have to wish him well.
Jacks4460
SFAJack_76 said:

In my opinion, this is very good news.

You are right 76 this man is a winner..
CertifiedAxeman98
nacluth said:

Completely agree. He was a great hire to replace Schneider and glad we are able to keep him a little longer.

When I was in school it was the Ladyjacks that drew the crowds in baskeball. The men were not too good back then when it comes to Baskeball.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

nacluth said:

I believe our AD worked hard on this one. Of course, if/when the big money comes after him, we will most probably just have to wish him well.

Hopefully we worked in a decent buyout if a P5 team comes after him.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Hopefully we worked in a decent buyout if a P5 team comes after him.

This contract extension is indeed great news. As was stated, the man's a winner. Just look at the high profile girls who are signing to play for him now. And there sure better be a big buyout clause in there somewhere!
SFAJack_76
Not good news.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Well, dang. But the Ladyjacks will be just fine, with the excellent players we have coming in.
nacluth
Man, I'm disappointed about that. Heaven had hustle. I thought we leaned on her too early in the season and she underperformed compared to Brianna who was allowed to develop. But, I thought a good offseason would tighten up her game and make use of her high motor. Wish her nothing but the best, but she was definitely a player.
TallTexan
Whoa what?

Guess we have no choice but to defeat them in football as payback.
SFAJack_76
I thought Heaven really progressed through the season. We knew she was a shooter coming in, but her defense got much better. She is not a PG, and struggled when injuries dictated she play there some. Visscher is not a PG either, but she was better than Heaven at the one.

If there are no more departures, I believe this puts us at twelve scholarship players. That is not enough. This time a year ago, Lovisa was coming back, Harris had not blown out her knee, and Kia did not have foot issues that essentially took her season. During the season, Harvey lost several games with a stress fracture, and Banfield lost the end of the season with a knee problem. I really like the three freshman, and one transfer coming in. Freshmen are freshmen. D1 is much different than HS. They need time to learn and develop.

Kellogg has not filled all fifteen available scholarships since he has been at SFA. I don't know why. Fifteen are budgeted for. If he doesn't want fifteen, okay, but I don't like twelve. I trust he and staff are after one or two more. At least.
Pilotgirl
I wonder what happened here? They seem like a very tight group...Ladies will still kill it next year. I was most impressed with Heaven's defense...seemed to me like she lost her shot a bit. Is ND closer to her home?
Ljacks&Longnecks
Wow, major disappointment to see Heaven go,
Yes ND is much closer to home, family etc so may well have played a big part...was looking forward to 3 more years but wish her the best in her future.
SFAJack_76
It's about 170 miles from Grand Rapids, Minnesota to Fargo, ND. I suspect location had a lot to do with it.
TallTexan
I'm concerned that we lost Heaven & Pope in the same offseason. Some of ya'll need to start living right.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

I'm concerned that we lost Heaven & Pope in the same offseason. Some of ya'll need to start living right.

I see what you did there, Texan.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Good to have Kennedy back.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Absolutely. Added depth.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Absolutely. Added depth.
And, senior leadership.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.