(RV) SFA VS. #1 SAM HOUSTON STATE (BOTPW)

54,053 Views | 521 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Kat1990
Bearkat21
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PurpleOut said:

kakat10 said:

PurpleOut said:

Bearkat21 said:

And just FYI our game thread from this last Saturday had almost 10,000 views and 410 posts. We don't need to come over here. We like to come over here to rile y'all up and get your panties in a wad. This week will probably be the most y'all speak about your football program all year long lol.
I know you don't understand how some things works, but nobody cares about fake views from the bots. You really do think that there are over 1,000 members on your site right now, don't you?

When you can't talk football stats, start talking about forum stats... a good move. I see what you did there.
Tell your brother that brought up the conversation. You are welcome to see the first post in my reply's to see his initial comment on the forum. That will require some extra reading however, best of luck!
And I still stand by that post. Y'all literally only have a new one twice a week. I'm not worried about forums or thread counts anyhow. How are you going to say we have bots when y'all more than likely have the same issues lol. I'm done with this topic though because there is no solid proof. I think it's hilarious that y'all think you actually have that many people looking at your threads. Even if we did want to look at site metrics it is better to go by post count not active viewership. I'd rather get back to smack-talking each other's teams.
Bearkat21
PurpleOut said:

Bearkat21 said:

PurpleOut said:

Bearkat21 said:

PurpleOut said:

KatFans.com has more bots than they get fans for a home basketball game. I'm sure they all believe there are 25 "fans" viewing a forum that hasn't had a post in a full year.

I am surprised though that a massive fan base like Sam Houston's doesn't care about their recruiting.
How about you expand the photo rather than picking a thread no one uses on the site. Everything we talk about including recruiting is under the Bearkat football and AQ7/WAC thread. Nice try though. You're worse than CNN and Foxnews. Wouldn't expect anything else from a moronic lumberjack. Every one of you I would figure knows how to use a computer but, that may be too high of an expectation.
Cool man, which of your 66 users right now are viewing the Basketball forum, the sport yall hate so much?

You spend more time here than your own forum, why?

We come over here 1 week a year. We don't actually care about your poverty program or whatever stupid basketball program y'all have because news flash BASKETBALL SUCKS AND WILL NEVER BE IMPORTANT IN TEXAS. That would be like me constantly bragging about how Sam Houston's dance team has won several national championships over the last few years. See? No one cares. I really do love that y'all cling to the basketball thing though. It just proves how poor all your other programs are. You have won zero national championships in basketball so I have no clue why your bragging about 1st round NCAA tournament wins. If you made the elite eight or final four then I would applaud you but it will never happen.
Ah! There it is! The classic Sam Houston "all other sports suck" post. The only fan base in the country that doesn't understand, or support any of their athletics outside of football.

If our other programs are so poor, what does that say about Sam Houston having lost 14 of the last 16 head to head match-ups against SFA? Whoops.

Also, you should tell your dance team that nobody cares about them...that's what makes your fan base so terrible. And probably why your athletic department and overall university does 0 marketing.

No I absolutely support our dance team and everyone at Sam Houston celebrated them but I don't use it as a brag because no one outside of SHSU will care unless you are a professional in dance. If you want to talk about all of the things we've been successful at I am all about that! We can talk about the golf team making the national championship and beating out UT to finish 9th in the nation or we can talk about how the rodeo team has multiple national championships and a new TV show featuring them or how we made the NCAA super regionals a few years ago to play Florida state for a chance at the College World Series or even talk about how Colton Cowser was drafted 5th overall to the MLB this spring followed by 2 other Bearkats being drafted for baseball. I'm here to talk about 1 thing and 1 thing only and that's football because that is what is being played this Saturday.
TheRevSFA
Bearkat21 said:

PurpleOut said:

Bearkat21 said:

PurpleOut said:

KatFans.com has more bots than they get fans for a home basketball game. I'm sure they all believe there are 25 "fans" viewing a forum that hasn't had a post in a full year.

I am surprised though that a massive fan base like Sam Houston's doesn't care about their recruiting.
How about you expand the photo rather than picking a thread no one uses on the site. Everything we talk about including recruiting is under the Bearkat football and AQ7/WAC thread. Nice try though. You're worse than CNN and Foxnews. Wouldn't expect anything else from a moronic lumberjack. Every one of you I would figure knows how to use a computer but, that may be too high of an expectation.
Cool man, which of your 66 users right now are viewing the Basketball forum, the sport yall hate so much?

We come over here 1 week a year. We don't actually care about your poverty program or whatever stupid basketball program y'all have because news flash BASKETBALL SUCKS AND WILL NEVER BE IMPORTANT IN TEXAS. That would be like me constantly bragging about how Sam Houston's dance team has won several national championships over the last few years. See? No one cares. I really do love that y'all cling to the basketball thing though. It just proves how poor all your other programs are. You have won zero national championships in basketball so I have no clue why your bragging about 1st round NCAA tournament wins. If you made the elite eight or final four then I would applaud you but it will never happen.
Just a reminder, our basketball success got more national attention than your Natty.

FCS is third tier football in Texas and no one outside of FCS fans gives two ****s about it, and let's be honest, had it happened in the fall, no one would have noticed. The same will be said when/if we win a natty in football. I love FCS football, but sorry. We don't live in North Dakota, South Dakota, or Montana...
kakat10
TheRevSFA said:

Bearkat21 said:

PurpleOut said:

Bearkat21 said:

PurpleOut said:

Just a reminder, our basketball success got more national attention than your Natty.

FCS is third tier football in Texas and no one outside of FCS fans gives two ****s about it, and let's be honest, had it happened in the fall, no one would have noticed. The same will be said when/if we win a natty in football. I love FCS football, but sorry. We don't live in North Dakota, South Dakota, or Montana...
Prove it... What National attention did you get?
Jacks4460
Does your boss know you are constantly on the Sawmill Forum when you are suppose to be working?
Kat1990
They always go to the basketball line and that SHSU fans just love football
No I love baseball golf and rodeo teams also
I just don't bring them up on a football thread until the deflections start about other sports

Could talk about the brand new Tennis Center that will be state of the Art and one of the best in Texas
Thanks to a generous million dollar gift from an alumni

But we are here on this to talk football

PurpleOut
Staff
kakat10 said:

TheRevSFA said:

Bearkat21 said:

PurpleOut said:

Bearkat21 said:

PurpleOut said:

What?

You're joking...right?
TheRevSFA
kakat10 said:

TheRevSFA said:

Bearkat21 said:

PurpleOut said:

Bearkat21 said:

PurpleOut said:

I know you aren't serious with this response. SFA beating WVU was all over ESPN, SI, CBSsports, etc.

Again, had y'all won in the fall, you wouldn't have gotten the attention you got in the spring. That's a good thing for you, but at the end of the day, FCS is third tier football anywhere in the country not named ND, SD, Montana. Sorry.

I guess the good news is if we all move up with the WAC, we get a chance to compete for the Idaho Potatoes Bowl (and more money from TV revenue and bowl payouts)
PurpleOut
Staff
kakat10 said:

TheRevSFA said:

Bearkat21 said:

PurpleOut said:

Bearkat21 said:

PurpleOut said:

What?

There's no way you are joking, right?
PurpleOut
Staff
Not even the WVU game (although the viewership was greater for that game, and more so for the Notre Dame game). There was a study that showed the total advertising equivalency during the 4-day span before and after the Duke win, that was equivalent to $53 MILLION.

Meaning we'd have to spend close to $100M in advertising to get the same coverage.

I know a Sam Houston fan won't understand or believe any of this, but NCAA basketball > FCS football.
Kat1990
PurpleOut said:

Not even the WVU game (although the viewership was greater for that game, and more so for the Notre Dame game). There was a study that showed the total advertising equivalency during the 4-day span before and after the Duke win, that was equivalent to $53 MILLION.

Meaning we'd have to spend close to $100M in advertising to get the same coverage.

I know a Sam Houston fan won't understand or believe any of this, but NCAA basketball > FCS football.
You mean those vacated wins right?
The ones that SFA per the NCAA agreement SFA is not supposed to mention?
SFAXE93
The mess was cleared up by 2019 season, Duke victory counts, besides the exposure at that time still happened even if you vacate the wins.
PurpleOut
Staff
Kat1990 said:

PurpleOut said:

We're reaching a new level of ignorance from Sam fans this year.

Astonishing actually. Just goes to show us even more that they have no idea how anything works outside of football.
Kat1990
PurpleOut said:

Kat1990 said:

PurpleOut said:

Astonishing actually. Just goes to show us even more that they have no idea how anything works outside of football.

So we are discussing those vacated wins in basketball on a football game chat
PurpleOut
Staff
Kat1990 said:

PurpleOut said:

Kat1990 said:

PurpleOut said:

So we are discussing those vacated wins in basketball on a football game chat

I went ahead and edited your last post for you since the quote feature was hard.

If you and your boys are going to come here and tell us that basketball "doesn't matter" and that "it sucks," then yeah...we'll prove to you again and again that NCAA Hoops > FCS Football in terms of exposure.
SFAXE93
SFAJack_76
TallTexan
Kat1990 said:

PurpleOut said:

Wanna know how dominant SFA basketball was in the last decade?

Even with 117 vacated wins, we still had a winning record against:
Sam Houston
Northwestern State
Nicholls
McNeese
Southeastern Lousiana
A&M Corpus
UCA
Houston Baptist
VCU
OU
Duke

That's domination.
RichieVan
Vegas line is SFA getting 13 1/2.
sportfishin89
SFA_03 said:

I don't think we will see many long drives from SHSU. Their biggest asset this season has absolutely been the explosive plays. I am fully expecting them to break at least a couple of big plays for touchdowns, but I'm confident in our ability to limit their ability to sustain drives.
Sam Houston takes what the defense gives them. If they need to drive the ball, they will. If they can get the explosive plays, they will. Ranked #9 in FCS in rushing offense. They can pound the ball if they need too. The final drive in the FCS Championship game was a 16 play drive, 65yds, plus they had a 9 play 74yd drive.

vs NAU .......... 8 plays, 80 yds

vs SEMO ........ 9 plays, 81 yds
7 plays, 79 yds
10 plays, 73 yds
8 plays, 89 yds

vs UCA ........... 9 plays, 75yds
10 plays, 75 yds
15 plays, 75 yds

SFAXE93
SFAXE93

Alright the game is in Belton this year, now I can go!
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl said:

Not sure I'd be proud of Gregory in attendance to see and congratulate my team. But that's just me.

Personally, I won't be able to attend as I have a prior engagement; however, I wish I could go and watch what should be a really good game. Been going for years. I hope everyone stays healthy and no injuries on either side.

Lol someone somewhere (not gonna say who)called me out for not going to the game on Sat due to other plans. As yall know, we moved to Sugar Land 2 years ago. We have friends visiting this weekend and a concert to attend Sat...these tickets were bought MONTHS ago, so when I saw the date for BOTPW, I was disappointed. But I'm not about to cancel on friends I haven't seen for 2 years who are driving here for the weekend. So yeah, that's more important to me, especially since we have all been through the stress of the past 18 months. #sorrynotsorry
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

Stop, 93! Don't do it! I'm farly sure this is faulty information, instigated by someone in an orange prison jumpsuit, designed to decrease SFA fan attendance!
kakat10
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFAXE93 said:

Stop, 93! Don't do it! I'm farly sure this is faulty information, instigated by someone in an orange prison jumpsuit, designed to decrease SFA fan attendance!
If we have any lower attendance there won't be any purple there at all and what fun is that?
Pilotgirl
Nice to see our FB players supporting our amazing Volleyball team tonight!
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

Pilotgirl said:

Not sure I'd be proud of Gregory in attendance to see and congratulate my team. But that's just me.

Personally, I won't be able to attend as I have a prior engagement; however, I wish I could go and watch what should be a really good game. Been going for years. I hope everyone stays healthy and no injuries on either side.

Lol someone somewhere (not gonna say who)called me out for not going to the game on Sat due to other plans. As yall know, we moved to Sugar Land 2 years ago. We have friends visiting this weekend and a concert to attend Sat...these tickets were bought MONTHS ago, so when I saw the date for BOTPW, I was disappointed. But I'm not about to cancel on friends I haven't seen for 2 years who are driving here for the weekend. So yeah, that's more important to me, especially since we have all been through the stress of the past 18 months. #sorrynotsorry

We're skipping just to be on the safe side with Delta lurking, which really sucks because I wanted to be there for Carthel's first win in the series.

But it's too dangerous imo to be in the same HVAC system with the Bearkats when half of them think the vaccine changes your DNA and the other half can't spell DNA.

Enjoy your time with friends.
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

They were rocking Shelton Gym. Loud and engaged. Bowling and Beach were also there. Probably others I didn't see. Student athletes supporting each other is a big deal at SFA.
SFAXE93
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

Pilotgirl said:

They were rocking Shelton Gym. Loud and engaged. Bowling and Beach were also there. Probably others I didn't see. Student athletes supporting each other is a big deal at SFA.

We should find a local restaurant partner(s) to donate a dinner for 2 and have a professor of the week at each home game for all our sports.

I know the students/athletes in the stands would love to see them and it'd help us build a lot of good will in the university when we desperately need it.
SFAXE93
Twentythree
TallTexan said:

TheRevSFA said:

One of the Katfans posters thinks Sam will beat SFA by 39. I told him to put his money where his mouth is and give me SFA+38 in a wager.....

....silence from him.

Bet the entire endowment on that lol.
Come on Rev! You know better than that, even Kat Fans don't take Pod seriously.
SFAXE93
I can see why sam fans get all out of sorts when attendance comes into play, you know with them being a commuter college and all.
SFAXE93
PurpleOut
Staff
Thread was finally getting back to normal until millenniumkat had to come back days later to bring back basketball and other stuff. He's gone for a few days.

I wish we had more fans like our ACU friends that would come before and after games and actually try to talk about stuff and not just troll.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.