(RV) SFA VS. #1 SAM HOUSTON STATE (BOTPW)

54,473 Views | 521 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Kat1990
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nacluth said:

That was the worst call of the game.

Just absolutely horrible.
MasterAxe
nacluth said:

Good teams win when facing adversity. Sam had tons of things to overcome, and they won.

I hope we get a second chance this year.
That's why they are the National Champs and we've been a year away for 7 years.
Pilotgirl
Well, watched this game with a migraine...ONE FRIGGIN POINT
No-look
Got WAY too conservative all second half.
MasterAxe
No-look said:

It began with our zero effort drive to end the 1st
nacluth
I always thought it would be next year until that first quarter. Had both the Tech game and this one at the end to win. Either one would have put the Carthel era over the edge. Now there is a flat out season of work because there's no gifts from here. Have to finish all the rest of the games.

I applaud our players effort. They played their hearts out.
No-look
MasterAxe said:

No-look said:

It began with our zero effort drive to end the 1st
Yep. Needed about 30 yards to get in field goal range.
MasterAxe
nacluth said:

I always thought it would be next year until that first quarter. Had both the Tech game and this one at the end to win. Either one would have put the Carthel era over the edge. Now there is a flat out season of work because there's no gifts from here. Have to finish all the rest of the games.

Maybe one day they'll play their hearts out and we'll win.

Zero room for moral victories
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Every single play.

I'm sick for them.
PurpleOut
Staff
Absolutely horrendous call on 3rd and 4.
Jacks4460
Great game kitty Kats… that's why your the champs for now.. hope to see you in the playoffs.. good week of fun.. we are getting there..
sfajack05
Sam is #1 for a reason but this is so damn frustrating.

Why play for a long field goal?
TallTexan
MasterAxe said:

nacluth said:

Oh get lost. It's way to early in the year for your negative Nellie dog and pony routine.
MasterAxe
PurpleOut said:

This sounds weird, but we won 56 minutes.

The four we lost?

Last two minutes of each half.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Horrible. I'd have been happier if we tried a hail Mary.
MasterAxe
TallTexan said:

MasterAxe said:

nacluth said:

Oh get lost. It's way to early in the year for your negative Nellie dog and pony routine.
I mean, we're half way through the year and we just blew a game we absolutely should have won.

That's not negativity, that's facts.

And I think Colby would echo my sentiments, I bet he is ****ing pissed.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Oh it will get worse. Texan. Another regular will come in with worse negative gusto and then the ones that post 3-4 times a year will pop in to say we suck. Likely said we suck all through their college time as well.

Ljacks&Longnecks
MasterAxe said:

TallTexan said:

MasterAxe said:

nacluth said:

I mean, we're half way through the year and we just blew a game we absolutely should have won.

I do agree with Master here, I would bet that Carthel is more upset than just about anyone. He won't make any excuses and wants to win.
Pilotgirl
TallTexan
MasterAxe said:

TallTexan said:

MasterAxe said:

nacluth said:

Who isn't pissed right now? We had that game.

We can still be proud of our team for that fight.

But you're so predictably negative I could build a bot of your account and nobody would even notice you'd left.
PurpleOut
Staff
And **** ourselves and our dumb penalties. You can't commit double digit penalties and expect to win. Especially against the #1 team in the country.
MasterAxe
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

MasterAxe said:

TallTexan said:

MasterAxe said:

nacluth said:

I do agree with Master here, I would bet that Carthel is more upset than just about anyone. He won't make any excuses and wants to win.
From what I've learned about Colby, he is externally very proud of his team, as he should be.

But, internally, moral victories piss him off and he knows his team and staff let one get away.
MasterAxe
TallTexan said:

MasterAxe said:

TallTexan said:

MasterAxe said:

nacluth said:

Who isn't pissed right now? We had that game.

We can still be proud of our team for that fight.

But you're so predictably negative I could build a bot of your account and nobody would even notice you'd left.
Predictably negative. That seems a bit harsh.
AxeEm99
Seriously, I think McCarty and Hill deserve a 10 Year Award plaque for their accomplishments!! They mismanaged the football program and made so many pathetic coaching hires and put us in this position!!
cboothe09
This f***ing sucks. We had that one and p****ed it away.
MasterAxe
AxeEm99 said:

Seriously, I think McCarty and Hill deserve a 10 Year Award plaque for their accomplishments!! They mismanaged the football program and made so many pathetic coaching hires and put us in this position!!
Now this is predictably negative
AxeEm99
This isn't negative! ITS FACT!! I am tired of this BS year after year!! "Maybe Next Year" EVERY YEAR!!
nacluth
AxeEm99 said:

Maybe they did, but this is Carthel and Ivey's team through and through. Historical gripes aren't really relevant to this game. Carthel has had the time to own this one.
Ljacks&Longnecks
From what I've learned about Colby, he is externally very proud of his team, as he should be.

But, internally, moral victories piss him off and he knows his team and staff let one get away.

Again that's why I agree with you on that point.

Going from Good to Great means finding a way to finish and win the big games. Pretty sure that's Carthel's goal but still short a couple of pieces or the ability to finish.
TallTexan
MasterAxe said:

AxeEm99 said:

I'll give you this, unlike that turd atleast you show up.
MasterAxe
TallTexan said:

MasterAxe said:

AxeEm99 said:

I appreciate that, I think lol.

Not trying to be super negative, but we all know we choked that away.

And you can't do from good to great by pissing away wins.

Eventually, we'll win one of these.
Ljacks&Longnecks
TallTexan said:

MasterAxe said:

AxeEm99 said:

I told you Texan. There is a couple of other seldom posters I expect will drop in as well. They are kind of like the Kat fans that showed up for a few days and then Poof gone like Dust in the Wind.
TallTexan
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Again that's why I agree with you on that point.

Going from Good to Great means finding a way to finish and win the big games. Pretty sure that's Carthel's goal but still short a couple of pieces or the ability to finish.

Schmidt or not, the rest of that team is still very very good. A lot of returning seniors and our young guys faced them down every play and had a chance for the win at the end.

I think our team is good. Next few games will show if we can be very good. But if we can hang with Sam, we should have a chance of winning every game left on our schedule.

Let's go win enough to make the playoffs and get some experience for this team. Bc next year Carthel is gonna have the talent to blow that gap wide open in the 4th.
Ljacks&Longnecks
MasterAxe said:

TallTexan said:

MasterAxe said:

AxeEm99 said:

Exactly I even gave Master a star for this one. Master is consistent AND is always on the board.
TallTexan
MasterAxe said:

TallTexan said:

MasterAxe said:

AxeEm99 said:

I think next year we'll win. No doubt in my mind.

That one was more on coaching than the team, though both made mistakes.

Next year we'll be the more experienced team and our OL that's young will be vets.

That and a healthy stable of running backs and this game gets put away in the 3rd.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.