(RV) SFA VS. #1 SAM HOUSTON STATE (BOTPW)

54,422 Views | 521 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Kat1990
millenniumkat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BigJack85 said:

Bearkat21 said:

Y'all have a new thread about once a week and we have a new one at minimum once per day. Lots of stuff to discuss about the Kats. Y'all keep living in your little fantasy world though. We come over here to smack talk for hate week. The Rev seems to be the only Lumberwack with big enough huevos to come get smack-talked on Katfans.

Bring it.

"Bring it!" "go the eff away"

Yall are more confused than Colby Carthel at a scheduling meeting.
BigJack85
millenniumkat said:

BigJack85 said:

Bearkat21 said:

Y'all have a new thread about once a week and we have a new one at minimum once per day. Lots of stuff to discuss about the Kats. Y'all keep living in your little fantasy world though. We come over here to smack talk for hate week. The Rev seems to be the only Lumberwack with big enough huevos to come get smack-talked on Katfans.

Bring it.

What is a Bearkat anyway?
TallTexan
millenniumkat said:

BigJack85 said:

Bearkat21 said:

Bring it.

Y'all really should troll more than one week a year. Your trolling skills are weak sauce, 0/10 would not recommend.

Let's hear something clever.
millenniumkat
TallTexan said:

millenniumkat said:

BigJack85 said:

Bearkat21 said:

Bring it.

Y'all really should troll more than one week a year. Your trolling skills are weak sauce, 0/10 would not recommend.

Let's hear something clever.

K! Hows about "Will many of you be attending the 2021 SHSU Houston Alumni Championship Game hosted by NRG and the Houston Texans?"

Im hearing that Governor Abbott may be on hand to celebrate the Pride of Texas, the SHsU Bearkat football team.
Pilotgirl
Not sure I'd be proud of Gregory in attendance to see and congratulate my team. But that's just me.

Personally, I won't be able to attend as I have a prior engagement; however, I wish I could go and watch what should be a really good game. Been going for years. I hope everyone stays healthy and no injuries on either side.
millenniumkat
Pilotgirl said:

Not sure I'd be proud of Gregory in attendance to see and congratulate my team. But that's just me.

Personally, I won't be able to attend as I have a prior engagement; however, I wish I could go and watch
what should be a really good game. Been going for years. I hope everyone stays healthy and no injuries on either side.

Why not? And why would you call him Gregory, do you know him personally? does he go by that among friends?
Pilotgirl
Weather was fantastic in the Houston & Greater Houston area last week. Unfortunately, humidity is on the rise, as is the chance of rain (more than 35% every day for the next week or so). Hate that for yall. Plan accordingly & drive safe!
Pilotgirl
BOTPW Luncheon on Friday, in case any are interested. Tickets on sale at sfajacks.com w/Coach Carthel.
SFA Jack Fanatic
millenniumkat said:

K! Hows about "Will many of you be attending the 2021 SHSU Houston Alumni Championship Game hosted by NRG and the Houston Texans?"

Im hearing that Governor Abbott may be on hand to celebrate the Pride of Texas, the SHsU Bearkat football team.

OK, Ryan or Matt. Time to put an end to this 5th grade-level nonsense so we can actually talk about the game.
millenniumkat
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

millenniumkat said:

OK, Ryan or Matt. Time to put an end to this 5th grade-level nonsense so we can actually talk about the game.

Ok!! But first, can i be "Brent"? ive always liked that name.

So, tell me how you see this one going? What matchups are you looking at? Which ones have you feeling good? Which ones have you concerned?
BigJack85
millenniumkat said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

millenniumkat said:

So, tell me how you see this one going? What matchups are you looking at? Which ones have you feeling good? Which ones have you concerned?

Will you guys come out when basketball comes? Probably NO.
millenniumkat
BigJack85 said:

millenniumkat said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

millenniumkat said:

First off, Chad, i thought you wanted to talk about the game? It seems that your truce didnt even make it through a single response. I was trying to talk botpw football. So i guess thats not what you wanted afterall.

Second, basketball sucks in general, and its the fourth most popular sport in Texas so really, only SFa fans think it matters. So i go to a few games per year but i have not the same passion.

lastly, leaning on basketball again? Football…this is a football game, try and keep up with the conversation
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ryan or Matt, please stop this nonsense. Get these overgrown children off this forum.
jboy93
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Ryan or Matt, please stop this nonsense. Get these overgrown children off this forum.
Let the little prison tech bearkitties keep at it Fanatic! They need something to spend their time on so their momma's don't give them chores to do!

BigJack85
millenniumkat said:

BigJack85 said:

millenniumkat said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

millenniumkat said:

First off, Chad, i thought you wanted to talk about the game? It seems that your truce didnt even make it through a single response. I was trying to talk botpw football. So i guess thats not what you wanted afterall.

Second, basketball sucks in general, and its the fourth most popular sport in Texas so really, only SFa fans think it matters. So i go to a few games per year but i have not the same passion.

lastly, leaning on basketball again? Football…this is a football game, try and keep up with the conversation

Sure, Billy Bob. Whatever you desire …….
BigJack85
millenniumkat said:

BigJack85 said:

millenniumkat said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

millenniumkat said:

Someone struck a nerve ……
TallTexan
They can talk their crap. We're either going to shock the FCS world on saturday or not.

Don't let a bunch of little trolls who know so little about the rivalry that they insist the games are over at halftime get you riled up. If they were over at half, there wouldn't be a streak. It might get stretched to another game this year. But we see what Carthel is building.

And imagine how much these little puddy tats are gonna cry when they have entire graduating classes that have never beat us in Basketball or Football. That is gonna be sweet.
jboy93
Seriously though...really looking for a much more competitive game this time around. SHSU is strong and we certainly want to show up and represent!
TallTexan
millenniumkat said:

BigJack85 said:

millenniumkat said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

millenniumkat said:

That's funny. When SFA wins a big basketball game, the world knows.

When Sam wins a football championship, I see their fans ask "wait, we were playing football in the spring?".

I get that your business school sucks, but I wouldn't be off bragging that people don't care about college basketball when you're trying to hang your hat on FCS football. Please, for the love off all things good, do some reading about market size.
TallTexan
jboy93 said:

Seriously though...really looking for a much more competitive game this time around. SHSU is strong and we certainly want to show up and represent!
You going to the game?
jboy93
TallTexan said:

jboy93 said:

You going to the game?
Can't make it. My daughter is a Rangerette and they have a home game this week.
SFAXE93
Jacks4460
millenniumkat said:

I see this as a very close game... I know SHSU has an elite offense that would beat TT by 2 TD's.. Our defense is not elite but is very very close... I will put up our top 8 DB's against any WR core in FCS. So that matchup will be huge.. If we can eliminate the big play unlike against TT then that will be key. I feel really good about our D coming in and showing out. We will blitz the shi** out of the kittys.. We have ballers on our defense even though they are young they will come to play the 60 min. On the other side i know our RB's are hurt so that will force us to rely on the WR crew which is so so so much more improved over the previous years and our OL can go 8 deep no problem now so QB1 will have some time to throw eventhough I know the kittys have a great defensive line. Sam has a **** load more SR's than we do and the will help them... Our WR's will make the difference and we will win the game and end this horrible streak...Team believes they can truly win this year and that is what they want they know to be a champ you gotta beat the champs and sadly enough the kittys are the defending champions..
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks4460 said:

millenniumkat said:

I see this as a very close game... I know SHSU has an elite offense that would beat TT by 2 TD's.. Our defense is not elite but is very very close... I will put up our top 8 DB's against any WR core in FCS. So that matchup will be huge.. If we can eliminate the big play unlike against TT then that will be key. I feel really good about our D coming in and showing out. We will blitz the shi** out of the kittys.. We have ballers on our defense even though they are young they will come to play the 60 min. On the other side i know our RB's are hurt so that will force us to rely on the WR crew which is so so so much more improved over the previous years and our OL can go 8 deep no problem now so QB1 will have some time to throw eventhough I know the kittys have a great defensive line. Sam has a **** load more SR's than we do and the will help them... Our WR's will make the difference and we will win the game and end this horrible streak...Team believes they can truly win this year and that is what they want they know to be a champ you gotta beat the champs and sadly enough the kittys are the defending champions..

Thanks for infusing some sanity in the conversation, 4460.
SFAXE93
In this game I feel good about Lenard Lemons running one back and taking it to the house on a punt or kick return.

Xavier Gipson and Trae Self getting some long balls completed down field.

The kicking game being solid with punting from Max Quick and kick offs from Dylan Brown.

P:#37 MAX QUICK 5-10; 200 (SO.)
G:3:P:11;YDS:531;AVG:48.2;LNG:73;TB:3;IN20:4;FC:3;50+:4

PK:#81 DYLAN BROWN 5-6; 180 (SO.)
G:4:KO:32;YDS:2,037;AVG:64;TB:19;OB:0

Chris Campos being a weapon on the FG

PK:#41 CHRIS CAMPOS 5-10; 245 (R/FR.)
G:4;ATT:10;M:9;LNG:46;FG%:90;BLK:0;EPA:18;EPM:18

The one spot of concern I have will be with the running game.

The O-Line will need to play to their best to create those lanes for Henderson, McGrue, or White, and hopefully Reed or Turner are back as well.

OL:#74 TERRIN ROBINSON 6-7; 320 (JR.)
G:4
OL:#72 JUSTICE GUILLORY 6-3; 325 (FR.)
OL:#65 CLINT LAPIC 6-4; 300 (SO.)
OL:#66 KEEGAN HOLM 6-4; 300 (SO.)
OL:#71 ZACH INGRAM 6-7; 320 (SR.)

As always your defense is as good as done if they stay out on the field too long, so maintaining long drives will be key in this one for both teams.

The Lumberjack defense is very aggressive but that is a double edged sword with big plays in the back field, to explosive plays that score in seconds.

The front 4 can really get after it especially Thompson.

DE:#3 BJ THOMPSON 6-6; 220 (JR.)
G:4;TKL:11;TFL:5.5;SCK:4.0;QBH:0;FF:2;FR:0;PBU:1;INT:0;BLK:0
DT:#90 RAYSHAD NICHOLS 6-3; 307 (SR.)
G:4;TKL:9;TFL:4.0;SCK:2.0;QBH:0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:0;INT:0;BLK:0
DT:#7 DENNIS OSAGIEDE 6-0; 290 (JR.)
G:4;TKL:8;TFL:1.0;SCK:0.0;QBH:1;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:0;INT:0;BLK:0
DE:#54 AMAD MURRAY 6-3; 245 (SO.)
G:4;TKL:9;TFL:2.5;SCK:2.0;QBH:1;FF:1;FR:0;PBU:0;INT:0;BLK:0
or
DE:#24 JAMES SYLVESTER 6-4; 250 (SO.)
G:2;TKL:7;TFL:2.5;SCK:2.5;QBH:1;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:0;INT:0;BLK:0

Looks like Day Day is back at LB, so that adds more depth, with Randle on the prowl in the middle.

LB:#6 BREVIN RANDLE 5-11; 230 (SO.)
G:4;TKL:19;TFL:0.5;SCK:0.0;QBH:0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:0;INT:0;BLK:0
LB:#4 BERT MORRIS 6-1; 224 (SR.)
G:4;TKL:11;TFL:1.0;SCK:0.0;QBH:1;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:1;INT:0;BLK:0
LB:#32 DARYAN WILLIAMS 5-11; 224 (SO.)
G:2;TKL:8;TFL:0.5;SCK:0.0;QBH:0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:0;INT:0;BLK:1

The secondary is very dangerous with big physical athletic corners that will pick your pocket (7 INTs) at every end.

CB:#23 BRUCE HARMON 5-11; 195 (R/FR.)
G:4;TKL:8;TFL:0.5;SCK:0.0;QBH:0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:4;INT:1;BLK:0
CB:#10 MYLES BROOKS 6-1; 185 (JR.)
G:4;TKL:6;TFL:0.0;SCK:0.0;QBH:0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:1;INT:3;BLK:0;TD:1
CB:#5 JEREMIAH WALKER 6-1; 180 (FR.)
G:4;TKL:6;TFL:0.0;SCK:0.0;QBH:0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:1;INT:1;BLK:0;TD:1;BLKPTD:1
CB:#22 WILLIE ROBERTS 5-10; 196 (SO.)
G:4;TKL:5;TFL:0.0;SCK:0.0;QBH:0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:1;INT:1;BLK:0;TD:1

Safety blitzes from Davis and Lloyd.

S:#0 MYLES HEARD 5-9; 195 (SO.)
G:4;TKL:15;TFL:1.0;SCK:0.0;QBH:2;FF:1;FR:1;PBU:3;INT:0;BLK:0
S:#11 JEREMIAH DAVIS 6-0; 206 (SO.)
G:4;TKL:12;TFL:1.5;SCK:0.5;QBH:0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:0;INT:0;BLK:0
S:#9 TKAI LLOYD 5-10; 196 (SO.)
G:4;TKL:10;TFL:1.0;SCK:0.0;QBH:0;FF:1;FR:0;PBU:5;INT:0;BLK:0
S:#33 ZAC GULLEY 5-10; (SO.)
G:3;TKL:7;TFL:0.5;SCK:0.0;QBH:0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:1;INT:0;BLK:0
S:#27 JATERIOUS EVANS 6-1; 190 (SO.)
G:4;TKL:5;TFL:0.0;SCK:0.0;QBH:0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:0;INT:1;BLK:0

Loads of talent being over looked on this Jacks team, but we will see on Saturday.

Axe'EM

Jacks4460
Saw all 3 Reed,Turner,and JaBray practicing this morning.. Plus White is really coming along well and looked really good on cuts and such this morning... James Sylvester is really starting to come into his own and you know why all the FBS schools were after him and Baylor signed him out of Newton HS.. He is going to bring it Saturday I promise you..
SFAXE93
That's great news!

Yes, White and Reed have the cutting ability and break away speed, that when they get out in the open, very hard to catch.

James Sylvester was a beast coming out of Newton, a 4 star recruit.

Looking like we are going to be close to full strength for this one.
sfajack05
Limit big plays and keep up the intensity for all 60 minutes. Can't let off the gas.

Take advantage of any mistakes they make.

Get other WR's involved. They'll be all over Gibson.

Also no dumb penalties.
TallTexan
sfajack05 said:

Limit big plays and keep up the intensity for all 60 minutes. Can't let off the gas.
This is the biggest one. Can't take a single play off on Saturday if we want to break the streak.
SFAXE93
All you hear from sammy fans is how SFA only plays Div. II teams, what they fail to acknowledge are the 5 FBS teams that SFA has also played in a span of 12 games.

UTEP 14-24 (lead 14-10 just before halftime) 14-17 late in the 4th
UTSA 10-24 (10-17 in the 4th)
SMU 7-51 (never in this one)
MEMPHIS 14-56 (14-20 at half) Faded late in the 3rd only had 48 players make the trip
TEXAS TECH 22-28 (lead 13-7 at half) 1 play away from winning it

Yes, the Lumberjacks did not win any of those games, but they were darn competitive in all of them with the exception of SMU, and were in position to win a few.

So yes this team is battle tested.
millenniumkat
How many wins? Teeth kickings aint battle testing you.
millenniumkat
BigJack85 said:

millenniumkat said:

BigJack85 said:

millenniumkat said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

millenniumkat said:

Lolll. What nerve? You can have all the basketball championships you want. I wouldnt trade football success.

Someone struck a nerve ……
millenniumkat
TallTexan said:

millenniumkat said:

BigJack85 said:

millenniumkat said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

millenniumkat said:

That's funny. When SFA wins a big basketball game, the world knows.

When Sam wins a football championship, I see their fans ask "wait, we were playing football in the spring?".

I get that your business school sucks, but I wouldn't be off bragging that people don't care about college basketball when you're trying to hang your hat on FCS football. Please, for the love off all things good, do some reading about market size.

No one cares about basketball lol
Jacks4460
millenniumkat said:

We will see Saturday.. we will scratch out an win and then next year will be an ass whopping like you haven't seen in a long time.. enjoy being champ while you can because we will be in Frisco really soon..
TallTexan
millenniumkat said:

How many FBS teams did you play last year?

Oh, they didn't have those in the peewee spring league?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.