(RV) SFA VS. #1 SAM HOUSTON STATE (BOTPW)

52,676 Views | 521 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Kat1990
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?

(RV) STEPHEN F. AUSTIN STATE (3-1; 1-0) VS. #1 SAM HOUSTON STATE (3-0; 1-0)

WHEN: OCT. 2 (SAT.) 4:00 P.M.
WHERE: HOUSTON, TEXAS (NRG STADIUM)
TV: ESPN+; Bally Sports Southwest
RADIO: Q107.7

Again, it is that time of the year, for one of the oldest rivalry games in the state of Texas, yes that's right, The Battle of the Piney Woods.

This, the 95th edition looks to be a dandy, with defending spring National Champion and #1 ranked Bearkats of Sam Houston State putting their current overall 14-game win streak and 9-game BOTPW win streak on the line against the (3-1) Lumberjacks of SFA.

A much improved Lumberjack program awaits, under 3rd year coach Cody Carthel, looking to pull off the upset, and to show the nation that they have arrived.

Needless to say the BOTPW since moving to Houston has not been kind to the Lumberjacks, winning only one of the NGR Stadium matchups, a 31-28 victory back in 2010.

Will this be the season the dreaded streak comes to an end?

No doubt the Bearkats are loaded with weapons, in their high octane offense, averaging 46 points a game.

Signal caller and WAC preseason Player of the Year junior QB ERIC SCHMID 6-1; 180, has completed 56 passes for 801 yards and 10 TDs with only 2 INTs in their first 3 games of the 2021 season.

Plenty of targets on the field for Schmid including graduate senior All-American WR:#12 JEQUEZ EZZARD 5-10; 195 Harvard transfer WR:#9 CODY CHREST 6-1; 200 and sophomore WR:#2 IFE ADEYI 5-10; 170 just to name a few.

On the ground, the rushing attack is lead by pre-season ALL-WAC Player junior RB:#4 RAMON JEFFERSON 5-10; 215 one of the top running backs in the nation averaging 133 yards a game rushing (400 yards total or the season) who along with Schmid benefit greatly behind one of the best offensive lines in the country.

Sam Houston State's defense is lead by junior linebacker #1 TREVOR WILLIAMS 5-9; 205, who leads the team in tackles.

Defensively the Bearkats don't give up much on the ground (86 yards per game) while 260 through the air.

Winning the spring National Championship naturally puts the bullseye squarely on the backs of the Bearkats, and as a program they accept that, while the Lumberjacks on the other hand look to remove a rather big and old monkey from theirs.

Axe'EM
BigJack85
How will we match up with Sammie receiving corp? That's the big question in my mind.
SFAXE93
SFA is loaded in the secondary, just need to cut down on those explosive plays.

CB:#23 BRUCE HARMON 5-11; 195 (R/FR.)
G:4;TKL:8;TFL:0.5;SCK:0.0;QBH:0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:4;INT:1;BLK:0
CB:#10 MYLES BROOKS 6-1; 185 (JR.)
G:4;TKL:6;TFL:0.0;SCK:0.0;QBH:0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:1;INT:3;BLK:0;TD:1
CB:#5 JEREMIAH WALKER 6-1; 180 (FR.)
G:4;TKL:6;TFL:0.0;SCK:0.0;QBH:0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:1;INT:1;BLK:0;TD:1;BLKPTD:1
CB:#22 WILLIE ROBERTS 5-10; 196 (SO.)
G:4;TKL:5;TFL:0.0;SCK:0.0;QBH:0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:1;INT:1;BLK:0;TD:1

S:#0 MYLES HEARD 5-9; 195 (SO.)
G:4;TKL:15;TFL:1.0;SCK:0.0;QBH:2;FF:1;FR:1;PBU:3;INT:0;BLK:0
S:#11 JEREMIAH DAVIS 6-0; 206 (SO.)
G:4;TKL:12;TFL:1.5;SCK:0.5;QBH:0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:0;INT:0;BLK:0
S:#9 TKAI LLOYD 5-10; 196 (SO.)
G:4;TKL:10;TFL:1.0;SCK:0.0;QBH:0;FF:1;FR:0;PBU:5;INT:0;BLK:0
S:#33 ZAC GULLEY 5-10; (SO.)
G:3;TKL:7;TFL:0.5;SCK:0.0;QBH:0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:1;INT:0;BLK:0
S:#27 JATERIOUS EVANS 6-1; 190 (SO.)
G:4;TKL:5;TFL:0.0;SCK:0.0;QBH:0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:0;INT:1;BLK:0
S:#14 TREY RAMOS 5-11; 192 (SR.)
G:4;TKL:3;TFL:0.0;SCK:0.0;QBH:0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:0;INT:0;BLK:0
S:#8 ARETAVIOUS HENDRIX 6-1; 200 (SR.)
G:4;TKL:3;TFL:0.0;SCK:0.0;QBH:0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:0;INT:0;BLK:0
TheRevSFA
Put Brooks on ezzard like a blanket. Make them throw to adeyi and chrest
nacluth
Nice write up 93!
millenniumkat
TheRevSFA said:

Yes! please! Please do that!! That will result in long,sustained, clock eating scoring drives. That will keep our defense fresh rather than quick scoring strikes that put our defense out there all day. I like the way you think!
BigJack85
millenniumkat said:

TheRevSFA said:

Yes! please! Please do that!! That will result in long,sustained, clock eating scoring drives. That will keep our defense fresh rather than quick scoring strikes that put our defense out there all day. I like the way you think!
BigJack85
BigJack85 said:

millenniumkat said:

TheRevSFA said:

Millennium,,,,, go the f ___ away.
djsfw57
millenniumkat said:

TheRevSFA said:

I'd say you're damn near Mensa material.
SFASawmillGuy
I don't think we will see many long drives from SHSU. Their biggest asset this season has absolutely been the explosive plays. I am fully expecting them to break at least a couple of big plays for touchdowns, but I'm confident in our ability to limit their ability to sustain drives.
SFAXE93
millenniumkat
SFA_03 said:

I don't think we will see many long drives from SHSU. Their biggest asset this season has absolutely been the explosive plays. I am fully expecting them to break at least a couple of big plays for touchdowns, but I'm confident in our ability to limit their ability to sustain drives.

Thank God for screenshot!
millenniumkat
BigJack85 said:

BigJack85 said:

millenniumkat said:

TheRevSFA said:

Millennium,,,,, go the f ___ away.

Trouble with opposition? Prefer life in an echo chamber? Typical
SFA Jack Fanatic
millenniumkat
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Hey, Mr. Prison Tech, please provide the internet address of your little fan page. Some of us would like to send best wishes to you guys over there. (That is, unless you'd prefer an "echo chamber".) Thanks!

If you dont already know, you prolly shouldnt.
BigJack85
millenniumkat said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Hey, Mr. Prison Tech, please provide the internet address of your little fan page. Some of us would like to send best wishes to you guys over there. (That is, unless you'd prefer an "echo chamber".) Thanks!

Hypocrite……. Troll. Troll Troll. If you were a real troll you would include a link to Katfans….

LOL.
millenniumkat
BigJack85 said:

millenniumkat said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Hypocrite……. Troll. Troll Troll. If you were a real troll you would include a link to Katfans….

LOL.

Hypocrite? How so? Im no troll, i just dont do others work for them. No one sent me a link to Sawmill. Are you new to internets? You can type up www.katfans.com in the little blank spot at the top of your screen.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA Jack Fanatic
millenniumkat
GiminyChristmas, is there no one on this site with a purple degree that can help this man with his computer?
Jacks4460
millenniumkat said:

GiminyChristmas, is there no one on this site with a purple degree that can help this man with his computer?
tell him SFA Jack Fanatic... eventhough you got edited I can only imagine what you said... Millykitty just nervous that Coach has put together a good football team that can challenge them this year and for many more years to come.. dont take no shiiiii from them... we are for REAL... I have been screaming this for a year now... Coach has had this game circled for a long long time.. He is gonna have our boys ready thats for sure...
millenniumkat
Jacks4460 said:

millenniumkat said:

tell him SFA Jack Fanatic... eventhough you got edited I can only imagine what you said... Millykitty just nervous that Coach has put together a good football team that can challenge them this year and for many more years to come.. dont take no shiiiii from them... we are for REAL... I have been screaming this for a year now... Coach has had this game circled for a long long time.. He is gonna have our boys ready thats for sure...

No nerves! just excited! Its been a while since the BOTPW mattered. SFA being non-existant is not good for the rivalry.
BigJack85
millenniumkat said:

BigJack85 said:

millenniumkat said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

LOL.

Hypocrite? How so? Im no troll, i just dont do others work for them. No one sent me a link to Sawmill. Are you new to internets? You can type up www.katfans.com in the little blank spot at the top of your screen.

I build internets ……. Fool.
BigJack85
millenniumkat said:

BigJack85 said:

millenniumkat said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

LOL.

Send the link, expert…. LOL. I've been to Katfans. I know why you're here. Only 3 active posters on Katfans. I wouldn't hang out there. Lamar has a better following.
millenniumkat
BigJack85 said:

millenniumkat said:

BigJack85 said:

millenniumkat said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

LOL.

I build internets ……. Fool.

Sounds like you should be ok then. good luck!
kakat10
djsfw57 said:

millenniumkat said:

TheRevSFA said:

I'd say you're damn near Mensa material.
#ThingsNeverSaidAboutAnS***rad
kakat10
BigJack85 said:

millenniumkat said:

BigJack85 said:

millenniumkat said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

LOL.

Send the link, expert…. LOL. I've been to Katfans. I know why you're here. Only 3 active posters on Katfans. I wouldn't hang out there. Lamar has a better following.
You must have KatFans and the Sawmill mixed up...
kakat10
Jacks4460 said:

millenniumkat said:

I sure do hope so... it's boring when the game is at hand in the 2nd quarter. Let's make it exciting!
kakat10
A couple of things...

1. It's cute the little (RV) in the write-up at the top... a great write up no doubt but that made me chuckle.

2. You're all invited to come to hang out with the three posters over on www.katfans.com and have some good-spirited discussion.

I mean your coach goes back and forth with us on Twitter... you guys can have a good time too, right?
BigJack85
kakat10 said:

BigJack85 said:

millenniumkat said:

BigJack85 said:

millenniumkat said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

LOL.

You must have KatFans and the Sawmill mixed up...

Haha. Haha. I can read your post counts…. Unless Katfans is posting incorrect numbers????? Like I said. You guys are over here , on the Sawmill. Because we post back….. Why live in loneliness on Katfans? LOL
Bearkat21
Y'all have a new thread about once a week and we have a new one at minimum once per day. Lots of stuff to discuss about the Kats. Y'all keep living in your little fantasy world though. We come over here to smack talk for hate week. The Rev seems to be the only Lumberwack with big enough huevos to come get smack-talked on Katfans.
BigJack85
Bearkat21 said:

Y'all have a new thread about once a week and we have a new one at minimum once per day. Lots of stuff to discuss about the Kats. Y'all keep living in your little fantasy world though. We come over here to smack talk for hate week. The Rev seems to be the only Lumberwack with big enough huevos to come get smack-talked on Katfans.

Bring it.
TallTexan
Y'all know better than to let these Bearkats rile you up. They're over here because we've got a better crowd than a Sam Houston basketball game.
millenniumkat
Soooo…..third party website comparisons and heavy reliance on basketball is the best you got?

So clearly the football team still aint up to
Par yet then right?

Try to stay on topic. 4 d2/d3 wins in your last 14 games aint gunna help prepare you for saturday
millenniumkat
Why stop at 9?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.