COVID-19 info

69,003 Views | 431 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TallTexan
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anderson County is up to 7 cases. 6 in the Prison out near Tennessee Colony.

They have 13000 prisoners out there. This is going to get bad.
nacluth
8262 cases, 154 deaths. April 7. 24 cases, 2 deaths in Nacogdoches, 14 cases, 1 death in Angelina. Almost 1000 new Texas cases in a day. Sister-in-law waiting on test results.
cboothe09
A friend of ours from New Orleans tested positive yesterday. We stayed with them a month ago. Scary stuff...

TallTexan
Anderson County at 8 cases.
nacluth
9353 cases, 177 deaths. April 8. 25 cases, 2 deaths in Nacogdoches, 14 cases, 1 death in Angelina.

With over 400,000 cases in the US, the average is now less than 1 case per 1,000. While the distribution of cases in largely centered in the northeast, the virus has spread to almost every community in the country. Statistically about 12 to 25 SFA students could be infected. Despite the death toll being slanted hard to the over 60 camp, 75% of cases are under 60. Hope all our students and staff are staying safe.
Jacks4460
TallTexan said:

Anderson County at 8 cases.
Freestone County still sitting at 0.. Thank you Lord..
TallTexan
Just saw Galls Cafe is closing permanently from this.
TallTexan
SFA to receive 10 million from the Feds.

SFA Jack Fanatic
What I'm about to say may not be popular with some folks, but it's how I feel, and I do not apologize for it.

The almost complete closure of the country and the destruction of thousands of businesses, especially the small ones which are the backbone of our economy, will, in the long run, be much more damaging to America than this virus.
nacluth
10230 cases, 199 deaths. April 9. 25 cases, 2 deaths in Nacogdoches. 15 cases, 1 death in Angelina. Sister in law's test negative, so 0-2 for my family.

Edit: now 31 cases, 3 deaths in Nacogdoches.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

What I'm about to say may not be popular with some folks, but it's how I feel, and I do not apologize for it.

The almost complete closure of the country and the destruction of thousands of businesses, especially the small ones which are the backbone of our economy, will, in the long run, be much more damaging to America than this virus.
This implies that you believe everything should have stayed open. If that is your take, I disagree and will leave it at that.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

10230 cases, 199 deaths. April 9. 25 cases, 2 deaths in Nacogdoches. 15 cases, 1 death in Angelina. Sister in law's test negative, so 0-2 for my family.

Edit: now 29 cases, 3 deaths in Nacogdoches.
Great news on your SIL!
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

This implies that you believe everything should have stayed open. If that is your take, I disagree and will leave it at that.

That is not my take. I do not believe that everything should have stayed open. But I do believe that there was/still is an overreaction by government officials at all levels by closing (and destroying) thousands of businesses and putting millions of people on unemployment rolls unnecessarily.
nacluth
11671 cases, 226 deaths. April 10. 31 cases, 3 deaths in Nacogdoches. 16 cases, 1 death in Angelina. Good Friday.
TallTexan
Palestine/Anderson County is up to 25, though 23 are at the Prison and therefore not in our official totals.

Did I see that Shelby County had 20+ cases all from community spread?
nacluth
12561 cases, 254 deaths. April 11. 36 cases, 3 deaths in Nacogdoches, 16 cases, 1 death in Angelina.
nacluth
10 new local cases announced in the last hour bringing Nacogdoches up to 46.
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

Palestine/Anderson County is up to 25, though 23 are at the Prison and therefore not in our official totals.

Just saw today that the prison was up to 43.
nacluth
13484 cases, 271 deaths. April 12. 47 cases, 3 deaths in Nacogdoches. 16 cases, 1 death in Angelina. Happy Easter.
Pilotgirl
The last few days, the pattern has been about a 1000 new cases per day. I hope we peak soon !!
nacluth
This is true. Unfortunately, we're also running a little less than 10K tests a day, but each day returning a higher proportion of positive tests. I think what we're seeing currently is the threshold of our testing capability instead of a true topping out of virus spread.

Emergency management in Texas says we will probably peak in about a week. I hope they are right.
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

TallTexan said:

Just saw today that the prison was up to 43.

Wow. Not surprised. I think they had something like 80 suspected cases as of Friday.

And they're not even counting them in Anderson County, but in their home counties. As if a guy locked up in Anderson County is a risk to Tarrant County or Harris County?

I'm worried for the prisoners and the community bc it's inevitably gonna come back out.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

This is true. Unfortunately, we're also running a little less than 10K tests a day, but each day returning a higher proportion of positive tests. I think what we're seeing currently is the threshold of our testing capability instead of a true topping out of virus spread.

Emergency management in Texas says we will probably peak in about a week. I hope they are right.

NY is just now plateau-ing. Arent we a bit behind them? My uneducated guess is 2 more weeks in Texas, which would put us at end if April. That makes sense to strategically reopen the state from there. We shall see what happens!
nacluth
13906 cases, 287 deaths. April 13. 47 cases, 3 deaths in Nacogdoches. 18 cases, 1 death in Angelina. Slow reporting/testing increases because of Easter. Angelina also has tested about half as many people as Nacogdoches so beware on reading too much into the disparity.
Pilotgirl
The prison in Palestine is now in lockdown with 72 cases. Wow.
SFAJack_76
This gets updated by noon every day. They just added the tabs at the bottom with additional detail.

https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/ed483ecd702b4298ab01e8b9cafc8b83
nacluth
14624 cases, 318 deaths. 50 cases, 4 deaths in Nacogdoches. 17 cases, 1 death in Angelina.

Thanks 76. Texas is getting better at reporting more stats about the breakdowns. Probably because we're getting more numbers.
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

The prison in Palestine is now in lockdown with 72 cases. Wow.

Wow. It's going to make it back into the community from there.
nacluth
15492 cases, 364 deaths. April 15. 64 cases, 6 deaths in Nacogdoches. 17 cases, 1 death in Angelina.
SFAJack_76
The impact on college athletics is very real.
TallTexan
Cincinnati dropped men's soccer.

I would not be surprised if it hits SFA. Heartbroken, but not surprised.
BigJack85
Football would be the one to go. I can't imagine it but would t be surprised.
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

Football would be the one to go. I can't imagine it but would t be surprised.
I would be very surprised.
BigJack85
Things are going to get very challenging shortly.
TallTexan
I don't think we would solely for the outrage it'd draw.

I think the sports closest to the chopping block would be baseball/softball.

That said, I hope we don't have to cut anything.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.