COVID-19 info

68,004 Views | 431 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TallTexan
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAJack_76 said:

I hear there are two WAC football programs on pause due to Covid. Our team is about 90% vaccinated.

This is shaping up to be another wacky season, but I hope that 90% vaccination number helps keep us out of it. Hopefully we'll hit 100% soon.

Wife's hospital is slammed and they're having trouble transferring people out for higher levels of care. Could be a rough few weeks around the state as schools restart.
djsfw57
Even though I got vaccinated and have worn masks at all times, I still managed to get Covid. After my 2 month hospitalization with sepsis, I'm pretty scared. This is the sickest I've EVER felt. I cannot imagine what it would be like without a vaccine. Please take this seriously and get vaccinated if you haven't.
SFA, Class of 1979
nacluth
Sorry for that 57. We'll be praying for you. Get lots of rest and check in when you can.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Praying for you, 57.
No-look
Praying for a speedy recovery for you
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut
Staff
Very sad.

We've received 4 of the emails about positive cases in our kids classes already this year.

Strangely, we received 0 total all of last year when all kids were wearing masks.
SFAJack_76
Diboll put a mask mandate in place starting yesterday. Their absence rate has not been bad. Being proactive.

Lufkin has one going into effect on Tuesday. Hope they aren't too late.
djsfw57
I am finally feeling better. Thank you for your prayers. This is without a doubt the sickest I've ever felt. I just can't imagine how this would have affected me without the vaccine. Even though I have heard how awful Delta is, I truly didn't appreciate the power this bug has. I hope you all stay clear of it. No one should have to suffer with this awful virus.

Once again, if you aren't vaccinated, PLEASE go. It very well may save your life.
SFA, Class of 1979
TallTexan
djsfw57 said:

I am finally feeling better. Thank you for your prayers. This is without a doubt the sickest I've ever felt. I just can't imagine how this would have affected me without the vaccine. Even though I have heard how awful Delta is, I truly didn't appreciate the power this bug has. I hope you all stay clear of it. No one should have to suffer with this awful virus.

Once again, if you aren't vaccinated, PLEASE go. It very well may save your life.
Glad you are feeling better.
TallTexan
Bad news on campus:

nacluth
A long time beloved science teacher died in Nac this week. That may be the straw that pushes Nac to make some accommodations to mitigating strategies. So far, still wide open in my daughters' schools (all three of them).
TallTexan
nacluth said:

A long time beloved science teacher died in Nac this week. That may be the straw that pushes Nac to make some accommodations to mitigating strategies. So far, still wide open in my daughters' schools (all three of them).

That is beyond frustrating. Teachers shouldn't be asked to put their lives/health on the line.

I need to email our superintendent before that plays out in Palestine.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.