2021-2022 Ladyjack Basketball

54,282 Views | 379 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bracketogy Madness Begins! SFA as aq 12 seed
https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/30423107/ncaa-women-bracketology-2022-women-college-basketball-projections
SFAJack_76
Up to aq 11 seed.
nacluth
Cal Baptist just took apart TCU today. They are a legit team.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Comparing scores of past opponents vs. their opponents is basically meaningless but rather fun and (maybe) a bit revealing...

Ladyjacks beat Houston at home by 21. #6 Baylor (6-1) beat Houston by 16 on a neutral court to win the Cancun Challenge.

Ladyjacks lost to #23 Texas A&M (7-0) by 7 on the road at College Station. A&M beat Northwestern by 9 on a neutral court to win the Paradise Jam in the US Virgin Islands.
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Comparing scores of past opponents vs. their opponents is basically meaningless but rather fun and (maybe) a bit revealing...

Ladyjacks beat Houston at home by 21. #6 Baylor (6-1) beat Houston by 16 on a neutral court to win the Cancun Challenge.

Ladyjacks lost to #23 Texas A&M (7-0) by 7 on the road at College Station. A&M beat Northwestern by 9 on a neutral court to win the Paradise Jam in the US Virgin Islands.
These Ladyjacks are good.

Also, we need to get them into one of these tournaments like Paradise Jam or the Cancun challenge next year.

The girls deserve the trip.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Cal Baptist just took apart TCU today. They are a legit team.

Legit, maybe, but not real strong. TCU is 2-3 and their only wins have been against Houston Baptist and St. Mary's.

Cal Baptist is 4-1 but two of their wins have been by 3 over UC Riverside and by 5 in OT over UC Irvine. Neither of those is exactly a WBB powerhouse.
jboy93
Gonzaga is going to be tough. Just looked at their roster and they have 10 girls six foot +! And their only loss so far is to Stanford!
corleycl
Love watching the Ladyjacks. Pressure defense is awesome. Only thing I worry about is our ability to close out games. We saw it in the NCAA tourney last year and we saw it at the first game of the tournament this weekend. Game in hand and let the other team crawl back into it.

But, all in all, we are really good!
SFAJack_76
jboy93 said:

Gonzaga is going to be tough. Just looked at their roster and they have 10 girls six foot +! And their only loss so far is to Stanford!
Take a look at the Portland roster.

https://portlandpilots.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster/2021-22?&sort=height
nacluth
We don't grow them like they do in Australia.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Our ladies have earned an international trip, maybe we should get them on a tour of the Outback.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

jboy93 said:

Take a look at the Portland roster.

https://portlandpilots.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster/2021-22?&sort=height

Did the Australian national team take the wrong plane or something?? A 6'8" girl? And how did that New Zealander get in there? AB and the Johnsons will have their work cut out for them. We had better be hot from outside because it may be tough sledding down low.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Maybe they're all overweight from eating too many Bloomin' Onions at a certain Australian-themed restaurant.
jboy93
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

nacluth said:

Maybe they're all overweight from eating too many Bloomin' Onions at a certain Australian-themed restaurant.
6'8" girl hasn't seen the floor...just for show!
SFA Jack Fanatic
I'll see your seven Australians and raise you one Swede.
SFAJack_76
Reality is, we are not a good rebounding team, and we haven't gone up against a big team. Shooting, forcing turnovers, steals, assists …. yes. Rebounding … no. We got out rebounded by a bad ULM team yesterday. It was frustrating to watch.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

Reality is, we are not a good rebounding team, and we haven't gone up against a big team. Shooting, forcing turnovers, steals, assists …. yes. Rebounding … no. We got out rebounded by a bad ULM team yesterday. It was frustrating to watch.
I felt like last season we were pretty decent at it, what happened?

maybe i'm just misremembering.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

I felt like last season we were pretty decent at it, what happened?

maybe i'm just misremembering.
We were better last season with a +4.7 margin. Mayfield was third on the team, with AB being first. AB took her place as a starter, but nobody has stepped up off the bench as a rebounder like AB did.
jboy93
Any chance any of our seniors take advantage of the extra year and come back to work on their masters?
Pilotgirl
Looks like the Ladies CLEANED up today! I've been celebrating my 40th so couldn't make the trip to Nac or tune in.
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

Looks like the Ladies CLEANED up today! I've been celebrating my 40th so couldn't make the trip to Nac or tune in.
It wasn't Arlington Baptist, but it wasn't far from that. We started slow. Zya turned the ball over three times early, got subbed out, then had her best game of the year. Stephanie was Stephanie. The rest of the team is getting better.

Aiyana tweaked the ankle she hurt in Katy. Didn't play the second half. The next two up, Gonzaga and Portland, are big. We need her to be okay.

Attendance 1;472.

Fun stat. In ten minutes, freshman Zoe Nelson got 11 rebounds.
SFAJack_76
#18 Oregon 62
Portland 59

The next two are going to be real tests.
djsfw57
Pilotgirl said:

Happy birthday!!!
SFA, Class of 1979
SFAJack_76
NET rankings out. Big trip out west coming up.

• Gonzaga - 24
  • SFA - 47
  • Portland - 65

Others of interest.
  • Houston - 71
  • UNM - 112
  • Ball State - 142

WAC
  • Cal Baptist - 114
  • ACU - 126
  • GCU - 191
  • Seattle - 204
  • NMSU - 205
  • UVU - 210
  • Sam - 227

SLU at 213 is the highest ranked SLC team.
Pilotgirl
Interesting! Houston seems high to me but maybe they have improved since playing us....Would love to get these 2 road wins!
nacluth
Our one loss was a Q1 loss to Texas A&M -17.
SFAJack_76
No change at #5. #4 Gonzaga on Sunday, and RV Portland on Tuesday.
SFAXE93
Pilotgirl
SFAXE93 said:

How do you spell domination?

Me: SFA WBB!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Watched Cal Baptist lose to a mediocre San Diego State tonight 78-77 to break CBU's 17 game home winning streak. Not at all impressed by CBU. They are very one-dimensional. They have one big post player, Harper, and that's about it. Not much of a bench either. Our Ladyjacks should roll them here in Nac. Cal Baptist was picked to win the WAC by a bunch of coaches and AD's who were clueless about what SFA was bringing to the WAC.
Pilotgirl
dang it! I missed that...Is it on ESPN+ ?
Pilotgirl
Moved back to # 57. Portland moved up several places after beating us.
https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-women/d1/ncaa-womens-basketball-net-rankings?utm_campaign=links-bundle-asset
SFAJack_76
1-0 in WAC play.
nacluth
Yeah I would duck is too if I was Lamar.
Pilotgirl
AB's half court shot was #8 on ESPN's top 10 and can't find any video of it or tweet from SFA WBB. Anybody here have anything?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.