2021-2022 Ladyjack Basketball

54,913 Views | 379 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Pilotgirl
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nacluth
Love that bracket.
SFAXE93
No games until March 11, good time for the Ladyjacks to recharge their batteries and regroup so they can come out with all pistons firing in Vegas.
Pilotgirl
I'm still fuming and livid at the post season awards. What a joke. And no one can change my mind lol
nacluth
Really? What particularly are you upset about?
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Visscher had better stats than the POY & DPOY on much greater efficiency. Only category she lagged in was rebounds per game vs POY.
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

nacluth said:

Visscher had better stats than the POY & DPOY on much greater efficiency. Only category she lagged in was rebounds per game vs POY.

Exactly THIS
nacluth
Ok. I don't really care about Harper, but she was much more efficient scoring in conference play (1st) to Visscher (22nd) but Stephanie (4th) had more rebounds than she did (9th). Harper was great at blocks, Stephanie at steals. Pretty evenly matched.

I'm sure the main thing was that Harper was almost always the scoring leader for her team and had 6 20+ point games including a 30 point game against UVU. Stephanie had 2. We know that Stephanie is by far the best all around player in the league, but she is not a stat hog in individual games or a showboat on the court at any time. That's why we love her.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Ok. I don't really care about Harper, but she was much more efficient scoring in conference play (1st) to Visscher (22nd) but Stephanie (4th) had more rebounds than she did (9th). Harper was great at blocks, Stephanie at steals. Pretty evenly matched.

I'm sure the main thing was that Harper was almost always the scoring leader for her team and had 6 20+ point games including a 30 point game against UVU. Stephanie had 2. We know that Stephanie is by far the best all around player in the league, but she is not a stat hog in individual games or a showboat on the court at any time. That's why we love her.

Fair. When I looked at both teams stats on their sites, Vissch led all the categories except rebounds that I saw.

That said, I'm most concerned about one of our girls winning Wac Tourney MVP.
SFAXE93
nacluth
I'm already hearing the Kellogg chatter. I've been telling everyone I don't want to hear it until after the tournament.
Pilotgirl
I'm gonna enjoy this final ride.
djsfw57
Pilotgirl said:

Final ride... I don't like the sound of that.
Pilotgirl
djsfw57 said:

Pilotgirl said:

Final ride... I don't like the sound of that.

I think it's inevitable at this point. He's done what he needs to do to get that bigger paycheck. Changes in coaches are part of the game. I'm sure our program will be a draw for some good coaches to apply, if needed!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Replay of SFA vs. GCU is on ESPNU right now! (5:00 pm Sunday)
TallTexan
All I ask for in Kellogg getting that big time payday is that it's as big time as possible. Don't leave us for a Southern Miss or UTSA. Go get one of those jobs where you can win a natty.

Hoping for Len as HC & Jessica as Assistant HC if it happens.
Pilotgirl
That's a dream duo right there
SFA Jack Fanatic
Two of SFA's conquerers won yesterday. Gonzaga beat Nebraska 68-55 in the Big Dance and Portland beat Colorado State 72-68 in the WNIT.
TallTexan

Seems like we survived one Kellogg suitor.
jboy93
TallTexan said:

Seems like we survived one Kellogg suitor.
Her wikipedia already has her listed as head coach of A&M! So we know its a fact now! lol
Pilotgirl
Made a quick trip to Nac yesterday after work to attend the end of year banquet for WBB. What a great way to cap off an amazing season and honor the 4 seniors: Brii, Tee, Liya, and Steph:

**For those that listen to The W Club podcast, stay tuned as several from the program will be guests. Maybe that will help get us through the off season LOL

SFAJack_76
nacluth
Sad to see her go. I hope she excels there, and I hope we get a chance to beat her in the tournament.
TallTexan
Ya was hoping beyond hope that she'd end up staying.

Hope she does well there and I think she will.
SFAJack_76
MSU finished 15-15, with a NET of 71. Visscher will make them better.
RichieVan
SFASawmillGuy
Pilotgirl
We wanted to highlight Aaliyah, who has been with us for 5 years. She was a dream to have a discussion with all things basketball & her future goals. Have a listen:
djsfw57
Pilotgirl said:

We wanted to highlight Aaliyah, who has been with us for 5 years. She was a dream to have a discussion with all things basketball & her future goals. Have a listen:

Excellent podcast! Thank you.
SFA, Class of 1979
Pilotgirl
Thank you!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.