2021-2022 Ladyjack Basketball

54,909 Views | 379 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not done with the emotions and celebration of this season, but ready to start thinking about the next.

What does the roster look like? Almost certain the three seniors are gone. Konieczny hasn't played in three years due to injuries, and may not play again. Does everybody else come back? Angel Scott signed and Zoe Nelson committed. This was the first season that Kellogg has used all fifteen scholarships because it is hard to keep players that never see the court happy.

Lots of questions that probably start to clear up after signing day on April 14.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I hope that Franziska Prinz is given some meaningful floor time next year. I think she has the purest shot on the team. Beautiful form. She has some height, too. I have no idea about her other abilities, however. Not enough game time this year to form an overall judgment.
SFAXE93
Meet the competition

SFA Jack Fanatic
Got blown out by Rice in the WNIT. Cal Baptist had several close call games in a very weak WAC this year.
Pilotgirl
They ain't ready for us!
MasterAxe
I am confusion.

How did they go 26-1 (with the loss in the WNIT), meaning they presumably went like 24-0 in the regular season, win the Wac and not go to NCAA?
SFA Jack Fanatic
MasterAxe said:

I am confusion.

How did they go 26-1 (with the loss in the WNIT), meaning they presumably went like 24-0 in the regular season, win the Wac and not go to NCAA?
They were ineligible. Hadn't been D-I long enough after moving from D-II.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

They ain't ready for us!
Yeah. They don't know what awaits them.
MasterAxe
MasterAxe said:

I am confusion.

So their ineligibility is just for the NCAA and not all postseason, I presume?

That seems to be the case.

Whereas the SFa men had an "all post season" ban, correct?
TallTexan
MasterAxe said:

MasterAxe said:

I am confusion.

So their ineligibility is just for the NCAA and not all postseason, I presume?

That seems to be the case.

Whereas the SFa men had an "all post season" ban, correct?

I think technically speaking SFA had an NCAA postseason ban, but the men's NIT is owned by the NCAA, whereas the women's is not.

As far as the transition period goes, that's a different set of rules so likely slightly different.

Should also not that with an NCAA postseason ban, the College Football playoff is not an NCAA event, therefore we had a case for inclusion last season when we won our conference.
TallTexan
Would it be possible for the women's team to do an international trip like the men's team did?

I feel like that could be a big advantage, especially if we could stack a few good non conf teams this upcoming season.
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

Would it be possible for the women's team to do an international trip like the men's team did?

I feel like that could be a big advantage, especially if we could stack a few good non conf teams this upcoming season.
Ohhhh I hope so! I don't remember them doing an international trip in recent years....I think the MBB team really bonded last year when they went to Spain...and they went to Ireland before that so I think it's time for the Ladies! Do y'all remember an international trip for the Ladies?
djsfw57
Pilotgirl said:

TallTexan said:

Ohhhh I hope so! I don't remember them doing an international trip in recent years....I think the MBB team really bonded last year when they went to Spain...and they went to Ireland before that so I think it's time for the Ladies! Do y'all remember an international trip for the Ladies?
I don't ever remember them taking an international trip. Maybe they have, but I can't recall one.
nacluth
Ed, I didn't see a lot out of Prinz that says she will be more than a decent backup one day, but I could see Semenichenko developing into a gritty player.
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

TallTexan said:

I don't know of any international trip taken by the Ladyjacks. Obviously, that is an expensive trip that would require some BMD's to step up as they did for the men.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Ed, I didn't see a lot out of Prinz that says she will be more than a decent backup one day, but I could see Semenichenko developing into a gritty player.

Need her in the weight room and on a lot of protein.

Could be a good backup for Aiyana with her height if she could move folks in the lane.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

Pilotgirl said:

TallTexan said:

I don't know of any international trip taken by the Ladyjacks. Obviously, that is an expensive trip that would require some BMD's to step up as they did for the men.

I think it could payoff on the court.

Question, are there buy games for women's basketball?

Ie we could maybe make some of it back by playing high majors?
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

nacluth said:

Need her in the weight room and on a lot of protein.

Could be a good backup for Aiyana with her height if she could move folks in the lane.
I just haven't seen any aggressiveness out from Mariia. It just doesn't seem to be in her DNA. Maybe a couple of minutes here or there, but that's about all I can see out of her next year.

"How do you solve a problem like Mariia?"

Maybe Kellogg can grab a big from the transfer portal. (There is a women's portal, right?)
TallTexan
There's a women's portal but the NCAA never paid to upgrade it so it's running on telegrams.

If we could add a big and a 2nd point we'd be in business..I'm curious what we have in the freshmen not named Avery too.
Pilotgirl
Didnt see this coming:
Pilotgirl
Both WBB & MBB SHSU Player of the year are transferring. Maybe they should just discontinue their BB program....
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

Both WBB & MBB SHSU Player of the year are transferring. Maybe they should just discontinue their BB program....

They have basketball programs?
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

Didnt see this coming:

She saw the support Sam got in Katy compared to the Ladyjacks' support, I suppose.

Although Visscher should have been POY, Leggett is very, very good.
TallTexan
nacluth
Interesting the Southland chose SFA for these awards, but no complaints from me. Visscher deserves everything she gets.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Interesting the Southland chose SFA for these awards, but no complaints from me. Visscher deserves everything she gets.

SFA brains for the win.
SFAJack_76
Interesting that so many get wound up about job opportunities for Keller, but nobody mentions Kellogg. With his resume', there has to be options I believe.
nacluth
Shoot Schneider wasn't all that and got Kansas, but you're right Kellogg is looking better.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

Interesting that so many get wound up about job opportunities for Keller, but nobody mentions Kellogg. With his resume', there has to be options I believe.
Believe me when I say I'd also be extremely happy with one of his assistants taking the reigns if he left. Incredible staff on both sides for SFA.
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Believe me when I say I'd also be extremely happy with one of his assistants taking the reigns if he left. Incredible staff on both sides for SFA.

I agree...our assistants for both Men and Women's BB are the best!
TallTexan
SFA coaching news:

Pilotgirl
Interesting...good for her!
SFAJack_76
Interesting, and good for her. Who thought she would be the first of the assistants to get a four year school HC job? Not me.
jboy93
Former Ladyjacks do well in our great city of Tyler. Trena Tillis has been very successful here at TJC for 20 years!
TallTexan
Probably a good chance for Bishop and Grayson to move up in title.

Wonder if Kayla Scott will join as a coach and we'll hire a new DBO or if we're just hiring a new coach.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.