2021-2022 Ladyjack Basketball

55,026 Views | 379 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAJack_76 said:

Schedule is posted.

https://sfajacks.com/sports/womens-basketball/schedule
Thanks, 76.

@ A&M. Nice! Props to Gary Blair for scheduling that. It will help our RPI (or whatever it's called these days.) And the Ladyjacks won't face anyone better the rest of the season. Good experience, and a chance to win it, too, IMO.

Only play Cal Baptist once, and it's in Nac. That's mighty nice, too!
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl
HYPERVENTILATING OVER HERE!!!!
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Houston at home, Texas A&M, Gonzaga plus a MTE. I'm here for it. Nice schedule.

Home court made the difference last year in us not getting ranked. Maybe that will change…
There are some real nuggets in the schedule. Two top 20 NET teams last season, with other top 100. (Remember we finished at28.)

Houston was a home and home. Wouldn't it be nice if there were one or two of those on this schedule.
Pilotgirl
I'M SO EXCITED!!!!
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!
Ditto!
SFAJack_76
Leader …
Ljacks&Longnecks
Glad to see a schedule and get ready for another fine Ladyjack season. Expecting big things.

That said very much dislike the WAC's no double header schedules. Following both men and women games kind of difficult when playing at simultaneous start times. Perhaps after some WAC schools average 200 fans a game then we can get this changed.
Pilotgirl
Definitely going to the A&M game...single tickets aren't on sale yet, per their website. If y'all hear anything, let me know!
TallTexan
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Glad to see a schedule and get ready for another fine Ladyjack season. Expecting big things.

That said very much dislike the WAC's no double header schedules. Following both men and women games kind of difficult when playing at simultaneous start times. Perhaps after some WAC schools average 200 fans a game then we can get this changed.
100% agree.

I try to keep up with both teams and this is going to cut down on the number of times we can get to Nac to watch each. Bummer.
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

Definitely going to the A&M game...single tickets aren't on sale yet, per their website. If y'all hear anything, let me know!
We'll have to see what our schedule looks as we get closer but that would be a fun game to go to.
Pilotgirl
Hopefully y'all can make it!
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

100% agree.

I try to keep up with both teams and this is going to cut down on the number of times we can get to Nac to watch each. Bummer.

A few of the men's and women's game dates are close together... Nov. 14 & 15, Nov. 19 & 20, Dec. 20 & 21, Dec. 30 & Jan. 1, Feb. 17 & 19. Two- or three-night stays in Nac for those who live far away, perhaps??

BTW, the men's and women's tickets have been rolled out on the SFAJacks.com Ticket page, and they identify the men's home dates. However, all of the ticket dates have a disclaimer that says that the actual tickets will typically be available 48 hours before the events.
Pilotgirl
Yes...we are thinking about some stays in E Texas for some of these games & gives us an opportunity to visit some friends as well!

Will definitely go to Lamar and SAM away games...thinking about UTRGV as well. Wish I could make it out to NMSU so I could visit some friends too but will just have to ponder that some more.

Had Thanksgiving plans to be in NOLA, but I'm not sure how good of an idea that is with LA still very much rebuilding from the hurricane. Might just stay home and go to the Katy MTE. So many decisions!!
SFAJack_76
Portland and Gonzaga are home and home. Two nice home games next season.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

Portland and Gonzaga are home and home. Two nice home games next season.

Great news!
SFAJack_76
TallTexan
Fantastic recognition of Visscher, Aiyana, and Zya.

Though I also have a good feeling about Avery's chance to make the end of the year first team list. She's going to be special.

https://twitter.com/WACsports/status/1450476837809778688?t=Ke3L-***fEoD0GzClIpDiA&s=19
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

Fantastic recognition of Visscher, Aiyana, and Zya.

Though I also have a good feeling about Avery's chance to make the end of the year first team list. She's going to be special.

https://twitter.com/WACsports/status/1450476837809778688?t=Ke3L-***fEoD0GzClIpDiA&s=19
Gotta prove ourselves again...AB, especially by the end of the season (conf tourney, NCAA tourney), was one of the most consistent & underrated player, IMO. And that was her FRESHMAN year! I have really high expectations for her as she continues. Plus, she is just an awesome person. I think her, Aiyana, Zya, and Steph make this squad a dangerous one....the WAC has been warned! LOL
nacluth
I think the women will make a much smoother transition to the WAC than the men's team, but the travel will still be hard. Time for another great Ladyjacks season!
Pilotgirl
I am going to try and follow Cal Baptist and see how they match up to us....last year, our team could have given any team a run for their money due to our depth. This year, we return a lot of that depth minus 2 starters. I'm confident that we have good players to put in those positions. What I am very optimistic about is that the bonding and relationships that were established last year are still there, which means we should gel as a team pretty quickly. I am BEYOND ready for WBB season to start and already have the games we are going to attend on my calendar!
jboy93
nacluth said:

I think the women will make a much smoother transition to the WAC than the men's team, but the travel will still be hard. Time for another great Ladyjacks season!
How has the travel been added/absorbed into the budget. Surely there is a lot more flying this year? Where do they fly out from? I know for Duke they left out of Tyler and that's still a hour on a bus!
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
I'm really amped about Zoe Nelson. I can't wait to see what she brings to this talented team. She's extremely quick and athletic.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl
We are going to have a few fatheads made for some players (AB and Zya right now). If you would like one, let me know and let me know which player (any of them). Just thinking of some ways to support our Ladies more!
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

We are going to have a few fatheads made for some players (AB and Zya right now). If you would like one, let me know and let me know which player (any of them). Just thinking of some ways to support our Ladies more!

How much? I'd be interested in buying one for Steph. You could keep it and use it, since it would be hard to get it from you to me.
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Pilotgirl said:

How much? I'd be interested in buying one for Steph. You could keep it and use it, since it would be hard to get it from you to me.

I'm still pricing them but I'm finding the $30 mark to be the common price point but I will for sure let you know! I'm sure I will see you at a game and can give it to you then.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Pilotgirl said:

I'm still pricing them but I'm finding the $30 mark to be the common price point but I will for sure let you know! I'm sure I will see you at a game and can give it to you then.

$30 sounds reasonable. Let me know how to pay you. Just plan on keeping it. You'll probably be able to attend more games than me. I have season tickets, but I bought those just to support the Ladyjacks. I'll probably only be able to attend 3 or 4 home games, plus the one at Lamar.
Pilotgirl
Will do!
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76 said:

WBB and MBB scheduling difficulties in a microcosm.

Ladyjacks are playing in a post Thanksgiving tournament in Katy that was cancelled last year. Texas Tech called the organizers and told them if they were scheduled to play SFA, they weren't coming. The contract was reviewed, and determined it didn't require them to play the game as scheduled. We are now going to play Ball State.

Seriously.
Link for tickets to the Van Chancellor Classic. $55 + $7 fee for an all tournament pass. Twelve games over three days. Show up to support our Ladyjacks, and unmercifully harass the cowards from Lubbock.

https://www.merrellcenter.org/events/detail/van-chancellor-classic-basketball-tournament
SFAJack_76
Marissa Banfield is a GA for the Ladyjacks.
nacluth
SFAJack_76 said:

Marissa Banfield is a GA for the Ladyjacks.
I saw her at the gas station the other day and I thought I must have been mistaken. Glad to know I wasn't and that she's here.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.