2021-2022 Ladyjack Basketball

54,923 Views | 379 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAJack_76 said:

Marissa Banfield is a GA for the Ladyjacks.
I thought she took an assistant position at UT.
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Marissa Banfield is a GA for the Ladyjacks.
I thought she took an assistant position at UT.

She was...something must've changed her mind
Pilotgirl
https://twitter.com/SFA_WBB/status/1456022263690665986?t=b1AXdBVEYLMLY7O_KbHqsQ&s=19
nacluth
If we start with wins over UTSA and Houston, we'll pick up a few more votes. Big week next week! Way to start with a bang.
SFAJack_76
UTSA was 2-18 last year. New head coach, Karen Aston, has loaded up on transfers.
nacluth
It will be the first time that we have played them since they left the Southland, so I guess it's fitting that we play them now we have left the Southland.
Pilotgirl
https://twitter.com/Pilotgirl30/status/1456086288126332934?t=XW7JPykh8tZflaua6W5Zpg&s=19
Pilotgirl
Come support the Ladies in College Station! Tickets are $15....let's have a large group of fans there on Thursday, Nov 18 @ 7 !
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl
As 76 previously posted, General All-Tournament passes for the MTE in Katy is $55 (2.50 extra for fees). If you are unable to attend the 3 day event, you can purchase a day ticket for $20 (22.50 with fees). Not bad for 4 games!
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl said:

nacluth said:

Is it too soon to start dreaming about how dominant Avery is going to be this year?

Clearly the starting 5 is:
Bri, Visscher, Zya, Avery, Aiyana right?

If you have something else let me know. Tasharian the first off the bench.

This is also my starting 5...excited about a couple new ones coming in. We want them to be competitive too and make the starters earn & keep their spots. Depth for DAYS!

I really think AB & Zya both will have an amazing season.

We good, Nacluth!
SFA88
I may try to go to the Ladyjack vs GCU game. GCU got new men's and women's basketball coaches last year. Both of them made an immediate impact but the women had much farther to go. Both are good coaches and great recruiters. Still, the Ladyjacks will clearly be the best team in the WAC. I'm not as sure about the Lumberjacks but they may be. Luckily, the Lumberjacks don't have to play at GCU this year. That's a tough place to play.

I think the 'Lopes women will be good but not on the Ladyjack's level yet. They will play hard defense, pressing all game long and going for turnovers. That will win them some games.

In case you didn't hear, the GCU president said it was his goal to add the SFA basketball programs to the WAC. He felt those programs improve the conference.
Pilotgirl
Hey! Yes, please support our Ladies at GCU! I'm sure they will definitely be in their rhythm by then & they will use that crowd noise to rise to the occasion.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Cal Baptist, picked by (uninformed) "experts" to win the WAC, squeezed by UC Riverside 62-59 in their opener last night.
nacluth
UTRGV played a tight one against #21 USF last night. We'll see who else will try to step up their game.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

UTRGV played a tight one against #21 USF last night. We'll see who else will try to step up their game.
I really want RGV to be good. I mean I want to beat them, but for South Texas & Texas sake as a whole, I want them to have top notch football and basketball programs.
Jacks4460
TallTexan said:

nacluth said:

I really want RGV to be good. I mean I want to beat them, but for South Texas & Texas sake as a whole, I want them to have top notch football and basketball programs.
Me too Texan born and raised in Donna Tx for 17 yrs... Puro El Valle... One of our biggest donors to the University lives in Brownsville.. The Valley is thriving right now... With Elon Musk and Space X down there things are starting to really boom... If for some reason he brings TESLA down to the Valley it will explode.. Great people in the Valley and they are not afraid of work... Hidalgo County has given TESLA huge tax breaks if they were to relocate to Hidalgo County... Football has always been needed in the RGV.. UTRGV has a great Athletic Director and they will be like UTSA hopefully one day..
SFAJack_76
Suspect they won't play us next season either. Oof.

TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

Suspect they won't play us next season either. Oof.

I'm not a fan of TX Lege meddling too much in sports, but tbh, I wish they'd put some requirements around playing in state schools for bye games more often.

Why pay for an out of state team to show up if there's a competitively equivalent local team?
SFA Jack Fanatic
I have to ask... Why the heck are women's basketball officials still wearing masks??? At last night's game the ONLY people in the whole dadgum gym that I saw wearing masks were the three officials.
Pilotgirl
I think it's personal choice now & I respect people who want to wear them. It's flu season & masking will help with that. I woulda had on my mask had I not had an allergy attack lol

SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I have to ask... Why the heck are women's basketball officials still wearing masks??? At last night's game the ONLY people in the whole dadgum gym that I saw wearing masks were the three officials.
I saw some in the stands wearing masks. Personal freedom, you know.
CertifiedAxeman98
Texas A&M will be a real test for the Ladyjacks. We will see how good they are with that game.
Pilotgirl
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

Texas A&M will be a real test for the Ladyjacks. We will see how good they are with that game.

What?! Did you not watch the game last night??? We are GOOD GOOD! Yes, A& M is projected to win but if we play like we did last night, we will at least keep it close.

I don't need to see how good they are next Thursday, based on last night's electric performance. It's gonna be a great season!
nacluth
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Ed, i have heard that several referee organizations are wearing masks to protect the sport. While no one is discounting the need or usefulness of refs, the sport teams are putting their hundred thousand/million dollar budgets on the line and putting many thousands into prevention and testing. I know of two major state referee groups that have said they will wear masks in order to prevent the possibility that their organization shut down a team/sport for a while. Refs just don't have the same budgets, and they want the sport to play. My guess is that each group chooses their own stance at this point.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

My guess is that each group chooses their own stance at this point.

Yes. I'm thinking that it's a WAC requirement for women's officials rather than personal choices.
SFAJack_76
Ladyjacks hype video.
Pilotgirl
Just found that this a.m. I LOVE IT!
SFAJack_76
#5 mid major. Cal Baptist #8.

https://collegeinsider.com/womens-mid-major-top-25
Pilotgirl
FYI....
Dave Campbells Texas 24 does a great podcast! And they are BIG fans of our Ladyjack BB program. Spent a couple hours listening to them yesterday. They have another one ready today. They also mention the men, but definitely spend more time on the women.

https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/texas-24-dave/texas-24-podcast-impressed-g0UMD-teqd8/
Pilotgirl
I listen on Spotify as it's easier to navigate.
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93
Pilotgirl
NCAA Tournament expands to 68 teams

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.