2021-2022 Ladyjack Basketball

55,112 Views | 379 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Projected 12 seed playing ….. Georgia Tech in Baton Rouge.
nacluth
They have us stuck on the 12 seed line and with our remaining schedule that seems about right. It seems to flip-flop from either Baton Rouge or Waco as the venue. I'll take either one for a home court advantage.
Pilotgirl
I'll road trip to either location!
Pilotgirl
Wouldn't that be interesting? Especially with fans in attendance...
SFAJack_76
Excellent podcast. Lots of insight into the program, current and future. Learned that yesterday was the first full practice they have had since January 26. Schedule impacted by Covid, travel, and games.

FYI, Kellogg wasn't at the coaches radio show on Monday because he was out recruiting. The grind never stops for our coaches.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Excellent podcast. Lots of insight into the program, current and future. Learned that yesterday was the first full practice they have had since January 26. Schedule impacted by Covid, travel, and games.

FYI, Kellogg wasn't at the coaches radio show on Monday because he was out recruiting. The grind never stops for our coaches.

Very good interview. It was good for Kellogg to get some meaty, insightful questions from experienced interviewers as opposed to the softball questions that our campus reporter tosses at him.
jboy93
I know it's way too early to even mention this but I will anyway. Is there any chance any of our seniors come back next season for their "covid" year?
SFA Jack Fanatic
jboy93 said:

I know it's way too early to even mention this but I will anyway. Is there any chance any of our seniors come back next season for their "covid" year?

That would be super sweet, but I seriously doubt that Stephanie would be one of them. Four years away from her family in Sweden is about all she would probably be willing to sacrifice.
jboy93
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

jboy93 said:

That would be super sweet, but I seriously doubt that Stephanie would be one of them. Four years away from her family in Sweden is about all she would probably be willing to sacrifice.
I totally understand her not staying around but the others getting a year toward their Master's degrees would be pretty sweet.
SFAJack_76
Projected 12 seed vs Virginia Tech at Baton Rouge.
Pilotgirl
Not only are we Top 5 in 5 statistical categories, we are Top 10 in two others: #9 in Field Goal Percentage Defense and #7 in Won-Lost Percentage!
nacluth
Pretty sure the Ladyjacks will clinch the number one seed and at least a share of the regular season title with a win over Sam on Thursday.
Pilotgirl
Yup...4 more games, 3 games ahead of 2nd place GCU. But one game at a time. V and I will be in enemy territory Thursday night to cheer on our Ladyjacks!
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

Yup...4 more games, 3 games ahead of 2nd place GCU. But one game at a time. V and I will be in enemy territory Thursday night to cheer on our Ladyjacks!
Their attendance usually runs 200 - 300. You've got this.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

Pilotgirl said:

Their attendance usually runs 200 - 300. You've got this.

Lol then people will be able to hear us yelling on ESPN+ without difficulty!
SFAJack_76
Kellogg said on the radio show that AB might be suiting up next Thursday.
nacluth
SFAJack_76 said:

Huge!
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Huge!
Maybe. Don't get me wrong, I hope she gets back on the court. If she doesn't get some minutes before the tournament, how much do you play her there? We have a starting line up and rotations that are working well. How does she fit in that having been out for several weeks? Would love having her for depth, but I don't see her stepping back into 20+ minutes a game.

AB is a high energy, great teammate. Her being on the bench, suited up or not, is a big deal.
nacluth
Oh I agree, but if she can punctuate 5 minutes of relief in the tournament, then it will be well worth it. I think we all remember her final four minutes of the first half of the SLC title game. She changed the game which was so flat.

I never expect much out of returning injured players, but this team is so deep physically that if they have to contend with AB for even a few minutes, it may be the difference.
Pilotgirl
She's beyond ready to get back out there....I trust Kellogg to make the right decision as to playing time!
Pilotgirl
I could see coach playing her a few minutes each of the remaining games just for her ti get back into rhythm and be ready for conf tourney play time.
SFAJack_76
Hate they used a picture of empty seats. I know they have better pictures of Stephanie. It is semi-finalist, not finalist.
SFAXE93
nacluth
First full league WAC title for SFA!
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
The Ladyjacks came, they saw, they conquered the WAC and will now dominate it like they did the SLC.
TallTexan
Ljacks&Longnecks
Wish Maria and her family and the people of Ukraine health, safety and peace.
SFAJack_76
Mariia is the correct spelling.
Pilotgirl
Latest podcast of The W Club is out now with a focus on SFAWBB & insight from Kayla Scott!
RichieVan
ESPN has the Ladyjacks as a 12 seed playing Oregon in Iowa City.
That could be a favorable matchup.
Pilotgirl
If we win the conference tourney, we will def be a 12 seed. Our projected opponent and region has changed often. Kayla and Kellog have talked about how the girls want to win out so their seeding isn't affected. New goals!
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

If we win the conference tourney, we will def be a 12 seed. Our projected opponent and region has changed often. Kayla and Kellog have talked about how the girls want to win out so their seeding isn't affected. New goals!
Kellogg mentioned on the radio show last night that, with the outright WAC championship clinched, he had challenged the girls to come up with goals for the remaking two games. Yesterday they came back with ten goals that they now have on the whiteboard in their film room.
djsfw57
As of right now, the Ladyjacks are one of only four teams in Division 1 with an undefeated conference record. The others are Princeton, Stanford, and Jackson State. #GoLadyjacks
SFAXE93

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.